Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Lose 15 lbs by June 30th

1171820222325

Replies

  • Steph_135Steph_135 Member Posts: 3,149 Member Member Posts: 3,149 Member
    SW (on MFP): 195
    5/9: 168.2
    5/15: 164.6 --> TOM ended... as expected
    5/22: 166.4
    GW: 150-155

    I mostly made healthy choices, but probably had too many snacks and extra servings. :persevere: Also experiencing high personal stress, leading to some additional eating. :disappointed:
    edited May 22
  • PatriciaNeves2015PatriciaNeves2015 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Hello everyone! I'd like to join your group! I related to Paz' initial call for group action and support! I've been trying to lose 25 lbs forever! We're in the middle of moving back into a home we have at the end of June and have been living in a temporary house rental since the end of March. I've searched the tsunami of boxes everywhere and cannot find my bath scale! Trying to follow exercise videos but need to get more disciplined. Try to cook as healthy as possible, but end up overeating the healthy choices, and. . . , I love wine, especially Pinot Grigio! We walk 1.4 miles everyday.

    Can I join?
  • bagpeelbagpeel Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    I’m 15 stone, 12 lbs (feels like I’ve got a leg that weighs about 160) and I’m in.
    I genuinely believe that I can drop 15lbs before the end of June.

    I know precisely what to do. I’ve done it before. I am going to do it again.

    I have decided*.

    *that last bit was just a bit of positive self-talk (sounded all tough and committed in my mind).
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Hello everyone! I'd like to join your group! I related to Paz' initial call for group action and support! I've been trying to lose 25 lbs forever! We're in the middle of moving back into a home we have at the end of June and have been living in a temporary house rental since the end of March. I've searched the tsunami of boxes everywhere and cannot find my bath scale! Trying to follow exercise videos but need to get more disciplined. Try to cook as healthy as possible, but end up overeating the healthy choices, and. . . , I love wine, especially Pinot Grigio! We walk 1.4 miles everyday.

    Can I join?

    Welcome to the group! I also love wine. I just can’t have it for now because I overeat. We can do this!😊
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    bagpeel wrote: »
    I’m 15 stone, 12 lbs (feels like I’ve got a leg that weighs about 160) and I’m in.
    I genuinely believe that I can drop 15lbs before the end of June.

    I know precisely what to do. I’ve done it before. I am going to do it again.

    I have decided*.

    *that last bit was just a bit of positive self-talk (sounded all tough and committed in my mind).


    Love it! You wil achieve your goal! 😊
  • my4570my4570 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    It’s been a week and I haven’t lost any weight even at 1100-1200 calories/day (when I used to probably eat at least 1500). My pants have fit more loosely I think, but I’m still quite unsure why I haven’t lost any weight. I think it’s due to water weight (I have been eating a decent amount of salt per day), but I also drink a lot of water (at least 64 oz). I am not nearly as active as I used to be at school because of quarantine in terms of steps, but I still exercise every day with 30 min of HIIT and some core/strength training.

    Is there anything I should adjust to help the scale move? I just wanted a rapid initial weight loss so I could begin maintaining. I don’t want to only eat 1200 calories for too many months, but am willing to put in some effort and work of course since it is the beginning. What should I do? I know it has only been a week, but I feel like not losing even 0.1 pounds is concerning. I don’t log 100% accurately but I leave an error margin of 100 calories and do not eat any of my exercise calories.

    Thank you!

    Sunday Weight: 124.8
    Wednesday Weight: 124.1
    Saturday Weight: 124.8
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Member Posts: 697 Member Member Posts: 697 Member
    my4570 wrote: »
    It’s been a week and I haven’t lost any weight even at 1100-1200 calories/day (when I used to probably eat at least 1500). My pants have fit more loosely I think, but I’m still quite unsure why I haven’t lost any weight. I think it’s due to water weight (I have been eating a decent amount of salt per day), but I also drink a lot of water (at least 64 oz). I am not nearly as active as I used to be at school because of quarantine in terms of steps, but I still exercise every day with 30 min of HIIT and some core/strength training.

    Is there anything I should adjust to help the scale move? I just wanted a rapid initial weight loss so I could begin maintaining. I don’t want to only eat 1200 calories for too many months, but am willing to put in some effort and work of course since it is the beginning. What should I do? I know it has only been a week, but I feel like not losing even 0.1 pounds is concerning. I don’t log 100% accurately but I leave an error margin of 100 calories and do not eat any of my exercise calories.

    Thank you!

    Sunday Weight: 124.8
    Wednesday Weight: 124.1
    Saturday Weight: 124.8

    I wouldn’t make any changes yet. It’s only been a week you need to track for a month to 6 weeks at least. It could be water weight
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    my4570 wrote: »
    It’s been a week and I haven’t lost any weight even at 1100-1200 calories/day (when I used to probably eat at least 1500). My pants have fit more loosely I think, but I’m still quite unsure why I haven’t lost any weight. I think it’s due to water weight (I have been eating a decent amount of salt per day), but I also drink a lot of water (at least 64 oz). I am not nearly as active as I used to be at school because of quarantine in terms of steps, but I still exercise every day with 30 min of HIIT and some core/strength training.

    Is there anything I should adjust to help the scale move? I just wanted a rapid initial weight loss so I could begin maintaining. I don’t want to only eat 1200 calories for too many months, but am willing to put in some effort and work of course since it is the beginning. What should I do? I know it has only been a week, but I feel like not losing even 0.1 pounds is concerning. I don’t log 100% accurately but I leave an error margin of 100 calories and do not eat any of my exercise calories.

    Thank you!

    Sunday Weight: 124.8
    Wednesday Weight: 124.1
    Saturday Weight: 124.8

    What are your macros? I try to eat 40%carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. No all calories are the same. I try to do low carb or at least eat the good carbs that have a good nutritional value. One week is not enough time to know if you need to make changes. I would say, wait another week and see if you may have to adjust your carb intake especially sugar. Do you drink alcohol? I used to drink wine and that did not let me lose any weight. Everyone is different so you need to find what works for you.
  • grace173grace173 Member Posts: 177 Member Member Posts: 177 Member
    I'm weighing in today rather than tomorrow becuase I was actually down on the scales today and it was the hardest little bit of weight loss I think I have ever lost! So hard, no drinking alcohol and being on lockdown where you can't even go anywhere to distract myself from the boredom and not being able to get to the gym! has been so tough but fair play to all of you people out there on this thread because it sure as hell ain't easy when no gyms are open.

    SW- 168.4
    CW-166.6
    GW by June 30th 155

    Total weight lost-


    May 4:167.5
    May 11:167.7
    May 18:167.5
    May 25:166.6


    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:
  • PatriciaNeves2015PatriciaNeves2015 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Hello, all! Yesterday we went to Galveston. Swam and walked! Tried to keep my calorie intake lower by having smaller portions. Ready to exercise now!
  • PatriciaNeves2015PatriciaNeves2015 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks, Paz!
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    grace173 wrote: »
    I'm weighing in today rather than tomorrow becuase I was actually down on the scales today and it was the hardest little bit of weight loss I think I have ever lost! So hard, no drinking alcohol and being on lockdown where you can't even go anywhere to distract myself from the boredom and not being able to get to the gym! has been so tough but fair play to all of you people out there on this thread because it sure as hell ain't easy when no gyms are open.

    SW- 168.4
    CW-166.6
    GW by June 30th 155

    Total weight lost-


    May 4:167.5
    May 11:167.7
    May 18:167.5
    May 25:166.6


    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:

    You are doing great! If I was not doing MFP, I would have probably gained more weight. I gained 4 lbs the first month of quarantine. The fact that you are losing weight is an accomplishment. This is a very difficult time and I usually eat more when I am stressed. I am glad you postedit. Keep up the good work! We are here for each other!😊
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Hello, all! Yesterday we went to Galveston. Swam and walked! Tried to keep my calorie intake lower by having smaller portions. Ready to exercise now!


    Excellent! I would love to go for a swim! 😊
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Thanks, Paz!

    You’re welcome! I am glad you are part of this thread!
  • bagpeelbagpeel Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    I should’ve said..

    I used to be rather fit. Knee injuries have meant that I’m now rather fat. I started on Friday night at 15stone 12lbs. Target by end of June is therefore 14 stone 11lbs.

    I’ve done low carb, keto and standard calorie restriction diets before. They all worked but I always failed at the “right you’ve reached your spot, now plan to transition to steady state and hold here” part.

    This time I’m keeping calories low, no booze and “earning the carbs”. That way I don’t need to back off my cycling. Will also be doing 13 to 16 hour fasts where I can.

    That’s the theory anyway. Gin can always mess things up if I let it. 😳
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone!

    I got back on track yesterday after overeating on Friday. I’ve been having a few stressful and sad days. I am glad that we have this group! I have 6 lbs to go for my first Weight goal. I know it won’t be easy but I can do it!😊💪
  • grace173grace173 Member Posts: 177 Member Member Posts: 177 Member
    Paz922 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday everyone!

    I got back on track yesterday after overeating on Friday. I’ve been having a few stressful and sad days. I am glad that we have this group! I have 6 lbs to go for my first Weight goal. I know it won’t be easy but I can do it!😊💪

    Well if any of us can do it you can paz, so full of motivation and encouragement, thank you
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    grace173 wrote: »
    Paz922 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday everyone!

    I got back on track yesterday after overeating on Friday. I’ve been having a few stressful and sad days. I am glad that we have this group! I have 6 lbs to go for my first Weight goal. I know it won’t be easy but I can do it!😊💪

    Well if any of us can do it you can paz, so full of motivation and encouragement, thank you

    Thank you Grace!
  • micwritesmicwrites Member, Premium Posts: 67 Member Member, Premium Posts: 67 Member
    bagpeel wrote: »
    I should’ve said..

    I used to be rather fit. Knee injuries have meant that I’m now rather fat. I started on Friday night at 15stone 12lbs. Target by end of June is therefore 14 stone 11lbs.

    I’ve done low carb, keto and standard calorie restriction diets before. They all worked but I always failed at the “right you’ve reached your spot, now plan to transition to steady state and hold here” part.

    This time I’m keeping calories low, no booze and “earning the carbs”. That way I don’t need to back off my cycling. Will also be doing 13 to 16 hour fasts where I can.

    That’s the theory anyway. Gin can always mess things up if I let it. 😳

    I hear you on the fit to fat thanks to knees. I had surgery in January following one too many tennis injuries and a fall. Thankfully I don’t like gin. Vodka on the other hand. .. Stick with this group. You can do it. And we’ve got your back.
  • birdy1539birdy1539 Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Everyone, I haven’t lost any weight this week, but I haven’t really exercised much. I have noticed being back at work I’ve been struggling to eat enough calories some days I’ve gotta find a good balance which will probably take a couple weeks and that’s fine by me.
Sign In or Register to comment.