Advice needed on calorie intake/carbs/proteins/fats!

Options
I need advice! So I have been trying to watch calorie intake but also trying to eat high protein, low carb, no processed foods/healthy fats. Was wondering if someone can look at my food diary and give me any pointers? I'm set at 1200 calories but wondering if I should bump it up to 1500, since I have been eating lots of natural fats (avocado, almonds, etc) those items are full of calories but they keep me full longer. My diary is public. I'm trying to lose 10 more and then work on muscle. Thanks! :)

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    What is your weight loss set at? For 10 lbs it should be .5 lbs a week.
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »

It was set at 2 but I just changed it. Should it be at 1lb or .5? 1 lb bumped it to 1490 cals
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    mtngrl3 wrote: »
    harper16 wrote: »

It was set at 2 but I just changed it. Should it be at 1lb or .5? 1 lb bumped it to 1490 cals

Healthy weight loss would be .5 lbs.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Diary looks like reasonable nutrition, possibly not very precise tracking (which is fine, as long as it's working). What I mean is that I see lots of "one medium" or "slice" kind of stuff, volume measures for calorie dense items, and that sort of thing. If it's working, it's fine. If it's not working, food scale will help pin down what's going on.

The others are right: For best health assurance, which seems to be a priority for you, 0.5 pounds a week at 10 pounds to go would be good. Also, I'd recommend you start working on the muscle aspect now: Many people wish they'd started sooner, and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone say they wish they'd delayed, in almost 5 years of reading posts here.
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Diary looks like reasonable nutrition, possibly not very precise tracking (which is fine, as long as it's working). What I mean is that I see lots of "one medium" or "slice" kind of stuff, volume measures for calorie dense items, and that sort of thing. If it's working, it's fine. If it's not working, food scale will help pin down what's going on.

The others are right: For best health assurance, which seems to be a priority for you, 0.5 pounds a week at 10 pounds to go would be good. Also, I'd recommend you start working on the muscle aspect now: Many people wish they'd started sooner, and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone say they wish they'd delayed, in almost 5 years of reading posts here.

Thank you all! I'll change this morning to .5 lbs. Haven't worked out in a while and was slowly easing into it with cardio but I'll start incorporating some body weight exercises more and light weights til I can get back to where I was.