What's the most steps you've ever recorded in one day?

Due to boredom and the current epidemic giving me too much free time, I challenged myself on Wednesday to walk as many steps as possible during the day and see what number I could reach.

By midnight I had logged about 19 miles worth of walking and just over 41,000 steps. It felt fantastic and gave me a lot of mental clarity and a strong sense of accomplishment. Clearly, that goal isn't sustainable on a regular basis, but a fun challenge.

I was curious what ya'll's personal bests are in terms of steps (for those with fitbits).

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Personal best - 26,126.

As you say, not sustainable, due to time factor, but I do occasionally like to try to top that when I have a totally free day (UK weather permitting!😂)
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    I think I've managed to do maybe 32k
    But I worked a job back then that was always short staffed and made us run back and forth from unit to unit.

Now I work in a nursing home that doesnt think its staff is dirt and doesnt make us run around if we are short.. I'd say I get about 15k now per shift
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have a 62,023 from 4/24/2020

Today sitting at 56,000 + (31 miles)

I run marathon distance at least once a month.

Somewhere in my logs (think last year) I have a 75,000 steps

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    43K, but that was 2 years ago.

Jan 2014 through March 2015 I got 20k every day. Now , I shoot for 10-15k
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    53,498 - but I ran a marathon that morning and walked the dog later.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Personal best was the day I ran my half-marathon: 30,246
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Not counting half or full marathon days, about 24k while on vacation in Europe. And I thought that was a lot, but not compared to the number you are all talking about. wow!
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    About 40k, it was a one time thing, and I felt like I was on my feet all day
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    71,842 is the highest I can find right now (24 mile run plus regular life stuff) but I have been close to 80. My Garmin shut down at mile 20 of my last marathon and I was at 59k then.

I have 35k from a day tromping around Vegas (no run). I think that’s probably my highest non-run day.

I am not very tall and average about 2400 steps/mile.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    35 253. That was on a hike so I had 30+ lbs of gear (probably 40+ but a scale wasn’t part of the gear) in my back.

Looking back, most of my highest step days are for city vacations, some kind of sports events, or hiking.

Your challenge kinda inspired me to try beat my old record. Should be feasible to do, especially if I don’t have a load of gear to carry with me.
  • ivegotthis20
    ivegotthis20 Posts: 6 Member
    13.5 mile hike yesterday and that’s was 26,000 odd steps
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Camping / birdwatching weekend last spring when we went out pre-dawn, walked several miles to the reserve, walked all day (between being in hides) and back to the campsite after dusk each day for 3 days. All of them were over 30k steps and one day was 45k.
    We normally take a couple of trips like that each year, but the 45k day was a bit of an outlier.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    in the past couple of years - somewhere in the 25-26k range, I do go for walks often but those are usually between 10k and 13k steps (anything before maybe mid 2018 - I didn't track my steps)
  • huntleigh3229
    huntleigh3229 Posts: 34 Member
    43,054 on 26 May last year. Ran a half marathon and walked around the city a lot over the course of the day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Looking at my Fitbit records, my high was around 65,000. That was a day with a marathon and a good amount of additional walking.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    I was a substitute elementary gym teacher one day and recorded 11 miles just during the school day. I don’t have a fit bit so, not sure about the steps.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Just over 30k in 2017
    It was before my arthritis flared out of control
    I hiked alot that summer with my toddler strapped to my back
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Highest was 36,000, stupid Fitbit was egging me on for the next badge and I couldn't resist! I can't believe those of you over 50,000, my legs were toast the next day! This was the second week of having my Fitbit, I decided I needed to lower my goals as it's not sustainable.
  • wonderchu
    wonderchu Posts: 53 Member
    Around 35,000. I'd love to do a Forrest Gump one day and see how many I could rack up.