Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Met my goal!

lovechocolate
lovechocolate Posts: 54
edited September 19 in Success Stories
Well after ten weeks on MFP (and a blip last week) I have reached my first goal - one stone lost.
I have gone from 159 to 145lbs. It has required quite a lot of willpower at times (e.g. not scoffing my son's birthday cake and self control in Pizza Hut with my friends) but generally bearable as I have allowed myself small treats every day and stuck to my exercise plan (1 x 90 min yoga workout, 2 x 30 mins elliptical workouts per week). I did an extra swim this weekend too.

Now I want to push on and get to 10stone (140lbs) for summer and I will be happy to stay at that weight.

I have lost lots of weight from my upper half - face, neck, tummy and waist. However, my thighs/legs appear reluctant to shed weight and seem determined to stay big and lumpy :ohwell:

Good luck to you all.

Replies

• Well after ten weeks on MFP (and a blip last week) I have reached my first goal - one stone lost.
    I have gone from 159 to 145lbs. It has required quite a lot of willpower at times (e.g. not scoffing my son's birthday cake and self control in Pizza Hut with my friends) but generally bearable as I have allowed myself small treats every day and stuck to my exercise plan (1 x 90 min yoga workout, 2 x 30 mins elliptical workouts per week). I did an extra swim this weekend too.

Now I want to push on and get to 10stone (140lbs) for summer and I will be happy to stay at that weight.

I have lost lots of weight from my upper half - face, neck, tummy and waist. However, my thighs/legs appear reluctant to shed weight and seem determined to stay big and lumpy :ohwell:

Good luck to you all.
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Congratulations that is very exciting!!! :tongue: Keep working hard!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Keep on keepin' on!!!!:drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    WTG!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Congrats! That is very exciting! Keep up your amazing, hard work!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    :bigsmile: Great job! Keep on working you are almost there!
  • Thanks for your messages of support, you have all done a great job too!

I am spreading the word for MFP in England, we have similar sites over here but you have to pay a monthly subscription.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    You are an inspiration for us all! Good work!:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    super job! :flowerforyou:
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That's amazing!!!!! What an inspiration!

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy: :laugh: :smooched: :bigsmile:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Great job!!! Keep it up!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Congrats, that is so great.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!