Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here! I’m 30yo and from MI. I’m married and we have a 2 1/2 year old son. I work full time as a quality auditor/inspector. I just started back up with counting my calories about a month ago. I use to do weight watchers last year but on and off and then I just canceled since I wasn’t sticking with it. I have a habit of going on my journey and then hopping off of it and just eating how I want and being lazy. It’s been a long road of about 14 years trying to lose weight and then just giving up, so this is my like 100th time. Right now it seems like the scale doesn’t want to move much. I feel like I’ve lost and people have been asking me how much I’ve lost (without them knowing I’m trying) and they look at me weird when I say I haven’t lost any weight, just inches I guess. I didn’t take measurements so idk how much but I can tell I’m losing. The scale as only budged like 2lbs in months. I’ve been doing resistance booty band workouts for 3 weeks now & today I started doing the 21 day fix from beachbody.

Height: 5’2.5”
    CW as of 5/14 is 227.0lbs
    GW for end of May is 225lbs
    GW for end of 2020 is 199lbs
    UGW is to be at least 140lbs

Welcome!! 😊
  • cesse47
    Options
    procolorer wrote: »
    Start:
    5/5 287.3
    5/8 283.0
    5/15 277.8? For some reason I can’t remember the exact number seems right. Had a huge loss!

I’m pretty proud of the weight loss and getting more of my calories and macros from healthy options. Healthier sugars, healthier carbs and proteins! Been enjoying sweets with baked cinnamon apples and Enlightened ice cream. Although I was tempted by fresh donuts.

Awesome loss!! I'm proud of you as well!! WTG!! 😊
  • cesse47
    Options
    Friday Weigh in/Check in!
    SW - 272
    5/1 - 233
    5/8 - 233
    5/15 - 231 (Finally saw the scale move. YAY!!)
    May GW - 230

I finally saw some movement in the scale. I really kept my calories low, which isn't great, but PCOS is a real a*hole when it comes to weight loss. We have our first fertility appointment a week from today and my weight has to stay down or they can refuse me as a patient. So I'm really gonna focus this week!!

💕I definitely upped my water intake. It was in the form of unsweet tea but I think it still counts.
    💕I got some new clothes in that are a size down and they fit perfectly! So I went through my closet a bit and ended up redoing the whole set up. Non-scale victories are the best.
    💕I still enjoy my daily walks and we've started doing "adventure walks" on Saturdays. We walk to a nearby restaurant and do a picnic brunch/lunch. But it ends up being a minimum of 2 hours of walking time.

Hopefully my body can stay in rhythm and I can meet May's goal!

Everyone have an awesome weekend!!

Nice Loss!! WTG!! 🎯

New clothes and NSV's ... great motivations to stay on plan this week! I like your adventure walks; wish I had someone to do that with - sigh - maybe after this lockdown gets lifted.

Keep up the great work!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    43 years old 5'3"
    SW: 225.6 (2/7/20)
    CW: 212.4
    5/1: 214.8
    5/8: 214.4
    5/15: 212.4
    May goal weight: 210
    GW: 125

GOALS:
    🏵️ Continue with my C25K program (currently on week 4).
    🏵️ Try to incorporate a fruit or veggie in every meal.
    🏵️ Lose at least 5 pounds
    🏵️ Hit Active every single day this month per Apple Watch
    🏵️ Be present with my family (i.e. put down my phone)
    🏵️ Read at least 4 books this month (it helps with my stress)

Nice Loss!! 🎯
  • cesse47
    Options
    mmccloy12 wrote: »
    I have been practicing self care and one of the things is realizing I don't have to do a bunch of things just because I am not working right now. I have this huge list of to - dos and I try to get at least one done a day
    Name – Margie
    Age – 51
    Height – 5’8 ½”

OW – 276.6 (Jan 2019)
    2020 start weight – 252.2
    Total loss for 2020 – 21 lbs.
    Total loss since OW –45.4 lbs.

5/1 – 233.4
    5/8- 232.6
    5/15-231.2
    5/22
    5/29
    Goal for May is 228.4

MAY Non scale goals
    1. Make a plan everyday – log my food for the day in MFP in the morning and confirm in the evening-DONE
    2. Prioritize water and sleep – Water good, sleep not so much – still working on this

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Nice Loss ... Congrats!! 😃

To-Do lists are great ... if they don't become overwhelming. Suggestion -- Split your items into 3 categories: (1) Must Do Today; (2) Need to Do; (3) Would like to do. Limit your #1 items to 2 or 3 only ... you'll have a better chance for success with at least a couple if you don't overload the #1's. Then split the rest of your list between 2's and 3's. When you knock off a #1, you then move a #2 item up to the 1's. If you need to urgently add a #1 item, bump something down to a 2. Again, the purpose is to help you complete the most critical without getting overwhelmed and stalling out.

Regarding Sleep -- I am and always have been a chronic insomniac. It's hard to fall asleep; hard to stay asleep. And I only sleep for short periods of time. Now that I'm doing all the "right stuff" - healthier eating, getting exercise, drinking lots of water, quit eating no later than 7pm, etc -- it's improving. I've also started scheduling a down time before bed. I get my bed ready, get dressed and do my nighttime cleansing routine, etc, then get into bed. I then program my TV to play a sleep video and program my TV to turn off in 30 min. I turn the volume down so I can just hear the voice of the narrator. I'm not sure if I've ever heard the end; I've been dropping into sleep very well using this video. I'll include the link below. Perhaps it can help you as well. Good Luck 🍀

Paul Mckenna Official | Sleep
  • cesse47
    Options
    rhsdancer5 wrote: »
    Hello! I just joined this group! I am ready to get started! 😊👍🏻💪🏻 I am a serial starter, I will admit it. But I have let my weight go way beyond what I am comfortable with and I don’t feel near the best I could be.
    🔅I am inspired to reach a healthy weight and get stronger.🔅
    I have lost weight in the past and I know things that work for me, but I need to make healthy habits that stick.

CW 204
    GW 170
    I would like to reach my goal weight by March 2021 (I’m getting married!! 💘👰🏻💍)

Thank you for making this group! I can’t wait to read everyone’s post!

Welcome!! 😊
  • cesse47
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 == Weigh In
    308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    288.9 lbs - weighin on 05/09 -- (-5.5 lb) (-19.7 LTD)
    290.4 lbs - weighin on 05/16 -- (+1.5 lb) (-18.2 lb LTD)

Onederland - first goal
    165 lbs - goal weight

May Goals ---
    Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 8+ water
    Exercise 30 min minimum; work at increasing
    Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter
    Try new things: new exercise like weight training; drink green tea; new activity; etc
    Do computer research on things of interest

Thought the 4 lb gain for my weekend indulgences would be gone by today; but NOPE, still a bit with me!! Need to be really vigilant regarding food choices this next week, drink extra water, exercise a bit more. Want to have this gain eliminated before Saturday's weigh-in.

Hope Y'all have a great weekend!! 👋
  • Indigo3288
    Indigo3288 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @speyerj! Getting so very close to goal weight is such a nice gift for yourself! 😁
  • Rosie3579
    Rosie3579 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @pamiede - I love that top, and you look fantastic in it! Look at those collar bones!!
  • Rosie3579
    Rosie3579 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe - I loved your debrief. I'm sorry baby is having some medical issues and not sleeping well. That is a lot of stress. Getting up at 4AM to work and having to manage your calories so that you still have calories left for dinner - that sounds terribly difficult. Whether or not the scale is giving you losses right now, it looks like you are totally crushing this!!!
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @KeriA whenever I started actually counting calories I start with big losses! It’s definitely helpful in motivating me! I know a lot of people are all ‘Halo Top’ but that tastes like badly flavored ice chips. The enlightened stuff (the peanut butter ones) have this delicious peanut butter swirled throughout it. I loveeee it. And the higher protein, lower sugar/calories is a huge bonus! - I wish I could stand tea. The smell of it makes me 🤢 it’s good that you mainly drink water though!