Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 == Check In
    308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    288.9 lbs - weighin on 05/09 -- (-5.5 lb) (-19.7 LTD)

Onederland - first goal
    165 lbs - goal weight

May Goals ---
    Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 8+ water
    Exercise 30 min minimum; work at increasing
    Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter
    Try new things: new exercise like weight training; drink green tea; new activity; etc
    Do computer research on things of interest

Gain still with me today so need to continue to be extra mindful of food choices. Mopped bathroom, hallway, and kitchen floors yesterday. Today plan to start cleaning the Dining Room. First to do is declutter ... and, boy, is there a lot to declutter. This seems to be my granddaughter's favorite dumping ground since it's the first room she comes into from the garage. 🤹‍♀️ Filled with new plants, shoes, dog leashes and harnesses, coats, mail, cat stuff, paint cans and equipment, 2 vacuums, 2 brooms and dustpans, clutter from the garage, ... I swear it'll take me several days just to declutter everything ... especially since she'll be adding as I'll be taking away. :# Have to figure out a way to get her to stop -- at least for now.

Hope Y'all have a great day!! 👋

BUCKETS! My two children love to drop things everywhere, so I have a Stuff Bucket in every room, where I can just throw whatever I find that doesn't belong in that room. The idea is for me to go through and put away things in the Stuff Buckets weekly, but even if that doesn't happen (hardly ever, lol), the stuff is contained, and it doesn't bother me.

Big fan of Stuff Buckets. I got some pretty fabric ones. Good luck cleaning!

I tried laundry baskets with diff room labels ... lasted about two days. *sigh* If she were younger I'd take away her car keys or something ... but at 29, and bigger than me, that doesn't work anymore. Her stuff I'm just going to toss on the stairs to her room (at least I can close the door). >:)
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Rosie3579 wrote: »
    Got my woosh!! If only it were always as simple as asking for it! Down 2.2 pounds today after bouncing around the same pound for the last few weeks. Now I’ve lost 30 pounds total, and I am smiling ear to ear under my mask!

Wow, that's great! 30 lbs-congratulations.
  • Jiggleytuff
    Jiggleytuff Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Rosie3579 wrote: »

Great work!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    @deegriggs Thanks to all you essential workers. I am having allergies now but it is my own fault we got a bonded pair of kittens right before the stay at home order. I do fine with one cat when they and I are indoor and outdoor cats but we are all mostly indoors now . Their danger is coyotes mine is COVID 19.My daughter insisted on the bonded pair part.

@Tarzzan37 Now I understand about volunteers. I can’t imagine working in a garden with a mask on. I feel more tired going to get groceries with a mask on.

@RavenStCloud Yes I read about the outbreaks and wondered if it was affecting you. Sorry about the gym closing and hope the walks go well.

@cesse47My family likes to dump things on the kitchen/dining room table too. @Cupcakecrusoe I like your solution. I usually just insist on Saturday taking a few hours to clean together when it gets to me and they are usually amenable. I need to get some of this gone by Friday delivery day.

@Rosie3579 How nice. That is nice progress.

@finngirl61 Yes I agree with @Cupcakecrusoe’s advice about water and sleep. If I am staying at a weight a higher calorie day will actually bring on a loss. Also look at your salt intake. I had Pizza last night and even though I stayed under calories I knew I wouldn’t lose today. Again water helps with that.
    @MuttiNM keep on keepin’ on it is working. Great job!

@afamiglietti87 We need some chocolate but not the sugar that usually comes with it. My husband gives me high quality dark chocolates for our anniversary, valentine’s day, birthday and mother’s day. I share them with my family and usually have a small piece most nights around these times. I love Seattle chocolates (Fran’s, Seattle Chocolates and Dilettante chocolates). Chocolate is like nuts, avocados, wild fatty fish (Salmon), and olive oil. We need a little but not too much. There is some evidence they can help weight loss. I struggle with water too but it has helped me in the last 2 months.

Today (I am restarting my interrupted week) I plan to
    • do my GIS Pro chapter,
    • drink water, log and keep under calorie goal
    • exercise (my weight training one if time)
    • make dinner
    • start to get ready for delivery (straighten and clean living room, dining room and kitchen)
    Have a great rest of the day all!
  • Jiggleytuff
    Jiggleytuff Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm laura
    5'3 37 years old
    CW 219
    Gw 134

This month I'm just starting out, day 3 for me. But I've eaten well and managed 30 mins exercise daily so far.
    My mini goals for this month is just to keep going without a binge. To exercise 30 minutes 4 times a week and stick to my calorie goals.
    I would be very happy with an 8lbs loss in may

Keep strong and smash those goals

Drink lots of water! It does wonders the more water you drink, it's like magic. 😊 You got this!