How do you stay motivated when you don't see any difference in your body and the scale wont budge!?

Options
2»

Replies

• nichaelkelly1
    nichaelkelly1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel u on that. I don't see gains often either, but I think of what would happen if I were to STOP! Instead of no gains, I'd see weight gains.

This is so inspiring, thank you! :smile:
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Celebrate 20 pounds lost! That deserves a big congratulations.
    Read the MFP article on overcoming a plateau.
    I suggest revisiting your macros. It is not enough to eat 1200 calories; those calories have to made up of the right proportions of fat, protein and carbs for you.
    I suggest increasing/changing your exercise. Your body gets used to the exercise you do. When you change things your body has to react and adapt to that.
    Take care

Thank you for your insight. Macros are a whole other question for me. I started off confused about macros but i keep hearing that it is all about CICO. I did a few online calculators for daily calories and I came up with an average of 1285. I figured if I do 1200, if i go over it wont be such a big deal. Anyway it was successful initially, it is just now that i am getting closer to my goal that i am wondering if i should up the calorie intake and if it would hinder my progress overall. Sometimes it get so confusing. Well, off to you tube I go to watch more fledge fitness & Tammy hembrow videos on macros! Thank you!

I would suggest you not do anything for another 2 weeks unless you start to experience fatigue. It is easier to evaluate your results if your habits remain consistent.

I am sure someone asked if you are weighing all your food on a food scale and personally verifying your calories against a label or the USDA site but I didn't see it. If you are not you may be eating more than you think.

I have been doing this awhile so I trust the process. I have had my weight stall for over 7 weeks and every pound I should have lost during that period finally fell off the scale. I focus on being happy today so I do not require much additional motivation. For me this process is habit and normal.
  • nichaelkelly1
    nichaelkelly1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Celebrate 20 pounds lost! That deserves a big congratulations.
    Read the MFP article on overcoming a plateau.
    I suggest revisiting your macros. It is not enough to eat 1200 calories; those calories have to made up of the right proportions of fat, protein and carbs for you.
    I suggest increasing/changing your exercise. Your body gets used to the exercise you do. When you change things your body has to react and adapt to that.
    Take care

Thank you for your insight. Macros are a whole other question for me. I started off confused about macros but i keep hearing that it is all about CICO. I did a few online calculators for daily calories and I came up with an average of 1285. I figured if I do 1200, if i go over it wont be such a big deal. Anyway it was successful initially, it is just now that i am getting closer to my goal that i am wondering if i should up the calorie intake and if it would hinder my progress overall. Sometimes it get so confusing. Well, off to you tube I go to watch more fledge fitness & Tammy hembrow videos on macros! Thank you!

I would suggest you not do anything for another 2 weeks unless you start to experience fatigue. It is easier to evaluate your results if your habits remain consistent.

I am sure someone asked if you are weighing all your food on a food scale and personally verifying your calories against a label or the USDA site but I didn't see it. If you are not you may be eating more than you think.

I have been doing this awhile so I trust the process. I have had my weight stall for over 7 weeks and every pound I should have lost during that period finally fell off the scale. I focus on being happy today so I do not require much additional motivation. For me this process is habit and normal.

Yes, I do count my calories but I am definitely guilty of eyeballing certain foods. This week I will strictly monitor myself and see if that makes any difference at all. Thanks !
  • jrhose
    jrhose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with weight loss stall, too. I'm so close to getting under 200!! I am focused on my achievements off the scale.
    1. I did 60 pushups yesterday!!!! (on knees) Shocked!
    2. I can run 2 miles in 24minutes. 7 of those minutes were walking, so I feel really good about my time. Working on cutting that down to 22 mins. I started walking 1.5 miles and that took me 35 mins. Progress!!
    3. My behind is a little perkier. 🍑 <-- working on that

Find goals off scale to focus on..getting stronger feels great!!