What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I have said it before but I cannot stand popcorn.

Omg I’m having 2 servings today. Lol need the carbs!
  • seeahill
    seeahill Posts: 56 Member
    Ratatouille. It's hard to spell and it has eggplant in it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Almond milk ruins a cup of coffee. Soy or oat milk are better when one oughtn't just break out the cream!
  • ali_kat4
    ali_kat4 Posts: 70 Member
    I hate steak. No matter how great it’s cooked. But I do love liver!
  • Melampus
    Melampus Posts: 95 Member
    I hate mayonnaise.

Actually, I am not keen on egg in all its forms unless it is well disguised, for example in cakes. While it easy to simply not eat them it is hard to find pre-made sandwiches which are not ladled with mayonnaise. Fortunately, working from home and even more so with the pandemic, I don't have much need of sandwiches on the go at the moment.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited May 2020
    Almost ALL prepackaged " treats" ( cookies, candy, etc) in regular grocery isles isa complete waste of calories. The only good treats are homemade
  • juleekins
    juleekins Posts: 3 Member
    People die after eating Lima beans!
  • KittyPryde2
    KittyPryde2 Posts: 38 Member
    Tomatoes are gross. Salt is awful (Pepper all the way). And there is always too much butter on everything.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    not a fan of tomatoes either(unless it's in a salsa or sauce, etc), but salt is THE thing that makes the meal...desserts too. There are so many amazing kinds too:))
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Most store-bought, shelf stable pickles (the kind you find in the center of the grocery)... i.e. Vlassic, etc. are terrible. The only kind worth buying are the fresh, snap in your mouth varieties.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Most store-bought, shelf stable pickles (the kind you find in the center of the grocery)... i.e. Vlassic, etc. are terrible. The only kind worth buying are the fresh, snap in your mouth varieties.

But I like the little gherkins....mmmmm....little gherkins....
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

But I like the little gherkins....mmmmm....little gherkins....

those are pretty good... but the neon yellow/green vlassics? nope
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Black jellybeans are awesome, Licorice is awesome. Nuts should not be in in chocolate unless they are nut butter. Pizza is sickening except white pizza, pasta and bread are a waist of calories and if you do have spagetti or pasta its only good with butter, no tomato.
    Funny thing is I am Italian! Cake is only good as batter. Uncooked. The frosting is what matters.
    Carnival food is the worst and is directly from the devil 😂
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Pasta, pizza, risotto, and breads do not make you fat---it's the quantities and the heavy sauces.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Black jellybeans are awesome, Licorice is awesome. Nuts should not be in in chocolate unless they are nut butter. Pizza is sickening except white pizza, pasta and bread are a waist of calories and if you do have spagetti or pasta its only good with butter, no tomato.
    Funny thing is I am Italian! Cake is only good as batter. Uncooked. The frosting is what matters.

I am with you in the cake! Homemade baked goods are only good prior to going in the oven.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    DQ ice cream cakes are a total waste of calories.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Wow, you're like the anti-me. They say everyone has a twin out there somewhere, but apparently, everyone has an exact opposite as well. I strongly disagree with each and every thing you listed. :D
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member

I had to laugh at this, especially when I saw it was you because I love all the desserts you post on the no calorie thread! Totally agree licorice is awesome, fennel is the perfect combo of veggie and anise! Prefer no nuts in chocolate too though chocolate and nut butter's one of my favorites. I used to hate tomato sauce and only eat pasta with butter and cheese (Spaghetti Factory's brown butter and mizithra cheese was my favorite thing to eat and I still love it), would pick white pizza or pesto pizza over tomatoes though heirloom tomatoes on it would be great. Frosting rocks over cake any day, I'll eat people's leftover frosting if I can get away with it and not look like a pig, never met the "it's too rich for me" frosting and I took cake decorating classes for half a year. Having your own bowl of buttercream frosting is dangerous!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

Wow, you're like the anti-me. They say everyone has a twin out there somewhere, but apparently, everyone has an exact opposite as well. I strongly disagree with each and every thing you listed. :D

Heh, I'm with you, except that for me bread can be (but certainly isn't always) wasted cals, and I don't think I even really know what carnival food is (I dislike cotton candy, if that's what is being discussed).