Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 43,101 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 43,101 Member
    That liver is an actual acceptable replacement for steak.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,163 Member Member Posts: 4,163 Member
    Plain m&ms are boring and not that good.

I somewhat agree, but give me a bowl and I will mindlessly eat it all
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,163 Member Member Posts: 4,163 Member
    pf1a7ai1qbum.jpg
    do you agree?
  • nicsflyingcircusnicsflyingcircus Member, Premium Posts: 2,126 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,126 Member
    Krispy Kreme is gross. No texture, way too much sweet.

Hershey's chocolate smells like vomit and looks like wax.

edited September 16
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,726 Member Member Posts: 4,726 Member
    pf1a7ai1qbum.jpg
    do you agree?

I'd raise the 100 Grand bar to post tertiary and lower the junior mints to second or third tier but I hate mint and I'm being generous there. :)
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 16,456 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16,456 Member
    The best part of cucumber tastes like the worst part of watermelon.

Then this might be triggering for you.
    cdz2ywg794tt.jpg

I thought it was fabulous, and bought two more bottles. One of my friends hated it, found it way too sour.

I think cucumber is one of the essentials, personally.
  • TheresamutzTheresamutz Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I’ll kick it off: I think Girl Scout cookies taste disgusting.
    I think homemade versions of S.C. cookies are much tastier and healthier.
  • IronIsMyTherapyIronIsMyTherapy Member Posts: 168 Member Member Posts: 168 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    The best part of cucumber tastes like the worst part of watermelon.

Then this might be triggering for you.
    cdz2ywg794tt.jpg

I thought it was fabulous, and bought two more bottles. One of my friends hated it, found it way too sour.

I think cucumber is one of the essentials, personally.

I'd try that! I still eat cucumber (had some last night!) for micros but I just think it's a crappy tasting food lol
  • IdontcareyoupickIdontcareyoupick Member Posts: 1,445 Member Member Posts: 1,445 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Peppermint mocha is way better than pumpkin. So is gingerbread

Yes!
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 933 Member Member Posts: 933 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Agreed. But peanut M&Ms are good.

Peanut M&Ms are awful! So are the peanut butter ones and I love peanut butter.

M&M minis are BEST ( not that any are worth it to eat IMO)
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,260 Member Member Posts: 7,260 Member

Peanut butter imposture for sure!
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,660 Member Member Posts: 5,660 Member

I don't like the peanut butter ones. I don't like the peanut ones enough to buy them (and I am so not into Halloween candy that I've had the leftover ones -- the ones I like best, as that's what I bought -- since last Halloween and have never been tempted), but a coworker had the peanut ones (the only good ones) at her desk (for others to take) and if I started taking them I kept coming back, especially when there on the weekends, back in the day. NO issue with the regular, which suck.
    edited September 17

I don't like the peanut butter ones. I don't like the peanut ones enough to buy them (and I am so not into Halloween candy that I've had the leftover ones -- the ones I like best, as that's what I bought -- since last Halloween and have never been tempted), but a coworker had the peanut ones (the only good ones) at her desk (for others to take) and if I started taking them I kept coming back, especially when there on the weekends, back in the day. NO issue with the regular, which suck.

at my old office they ALWAYS had costco bags of peanut and peanut butter M & m's and I way overdid it... but the Mini's.... those are the best
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,791 Member Member Posts: 3,791 Member
    Peppermint mocha is way better than pumpkin. So is gingerbread

Agree 100%, I'd be hard-pressed to choose between peppermint/chocolate and peanut butter/chocolate!
  • IronIsMyTherapyIronIsMyTherapy Member Posts: 168 Member Member Posts: 168 Member
    If you're an adult, you should grow up and eat foods you don't love because of their nutritional value. Sure, have some treats but if you always eat for enjoyment, you're losing enjoyment in other areas of life.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,660 Member Member Posts: 5,660 Member
    If you're an adult, you should grow up and eat foods you don't love because of their nutritional value. Sure, have some treats but if you always eat for enjoyment, you're losing enjoyment in other areas of life.

What if one actually enjoys plenty of highly nutritious foods, so one does not have to "eat foods you don't love" in order to have a good, nutrient-dense diet? I always find it weird when people suggest that eating a healthy diet requires not enjoying everything they eat. Personally, I love most veg, when properly cooked, fruit, and plenty of protein-rich foods, among other things, and I assume that's true for most of us adults.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,510 Member Member Posts: 5,510 Member

Definitely disagree but that’s why you posted here. I would NEVER ever eat anything I don’t like or waste calories on things I don’t like. I can say I absolutely love 100% of my food or I would not eat it. I eat a lot of high nutritional value foods like zucchini, broccoli, radishes, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, lettuce, veggies of all kinds, fruits etc because I crave them and think they taste wonderful.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,510 Member Member Posts: 5,510 Member
    Candy apples are gross and hard to eat. I have a small mouth and can’t eat apples unless they are cut up anyways lol.