Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    does anyone notice getting more anxious if the scales go down? I don't know if both are the effect of doing less comfort eating, or whether my body notices the loss somehow and makes me jittery....I've noticed it a few times over the years and I think it's been the route to me eating more to get rid of the anxious feeling. Some skinny person amongst you, tell me it goes away after a while??!!!

I was just thinking about something related to this just before I weighed in today. I was sort of thinking about what I wanted to have the scale say. I realized there was something like anxiety when I thought of the next possible lower range of weight. Like why would a 2 instead of a 3 be scary especially when at the end of 252? I decided I am going to have to work on my mind. I guess we don't partially because we don't want to be disappointed if the scale doesn't cooperate but it was something other than that. For me I do not think this would result in eating more but I think it is a factor in how slowly I am losing. I knew I was going to lose weight any day now. However I think that you are talking here about a bit more than what I am talking about. I think it is an issue that needs to be addressed as we lose.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @cesse47 I saw the Michigan flooding on a clip of the Daily Show, really terrible! This Flood has been devasting! You are an amazing lady thinking of the safety of your granddaughter and getting her out of harm's way! Praying that your dam wall holds strong! Sending love and strength to you and your family!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    @procolorer Happy birthday!

@orangequilt my husband and I were having irritation problems with our wedding rings so we took them off and stored them safely. A few weeks later I told him he needed to put a ring on it unless he was okay with other men hitting on me. I was at a café waiting for him at the dentist. A man mistook my looking through the window at looking at him. He came over and suggested we go together to another café since he didn’t like the music at this café. I was in my late 50s or maybe and about this same weight. Hopefully we are not worried about sexual assault but I am sure you are very much attractive still.

@supersparklyk nice NSV

@Tarsan37 Yes you are on track. Take care during this busy time.

@torihudson6 I think water is a great idea

@Rosie3579 if you can’t lose you could be a a set point but if you are trying to gain it means your set point is a higher weight and your body is trying to go back up to it so it will be harder to maintain or lose.

@gorgeous2343 Taking time to think things out never is a waste of time and it sound like to me you got some good insights. This is what this thread is for. I am a verbal kinesthetic learner so I need to talk things out or at least write them out to learn and figure things out or keep the lessons learned. Right now is a hard time to make friends except online so table that for now and take care of yourself. There will be a time when you can do something about that. Even so be yourself and take care of yourself in the process.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,225 Member
    Options
    That sounds like one tasty garden @procolorer!