No weight loss this week :/

Replies

• JK1542020
    JK1542020 Posts: 73 Member
    Really thanks everyone this is all really helpful. I had no idea scales did that! I'm.going to reset them before weighing tomorrow and see what happens.

So when I close off my diary for the day mfp is telling me I'm gonna be around 13.7 in 5 weeks....seriously doubt that if I'm still 14.11 and not budging! Something is up and without wanting to sound arrogant I'm flipping positive I'm logging as accurately as I possibley can, and take today for an example I'm.ending the day 900 calories under my target when fitibit adjustment is.taken into account. That's not the case every day some days I'm 100 under target or 200...but the point is I'm under by a fair amount, mfp is set to lose 2lbs a week so I should atleast be losing 1 lb a week when I'm.not even eating all of my activity adjustment back.

I'll update with what tomorrow says. X
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    JK1542020 wrote: »
    Really thanks everyone this is all really helpful. I had no idea scales did that! I'm.going to reset them before weighing tomorrow and see what happens.

So when I close off my diary for the day mfp is telling me I'm gonna be around 13.7 in 5 weeks....seriously doubt that if I'm still 14.11 and not budging! Something is up and without wanting to sound arrogant I'm flipping positive I'm logging as accurately as I possibley can, and take today for an example I'm.ending the day 900 calories under my target when fitibit adjustment is.taken into account. That's not the case every day some days I'm 100 under target or 200...but the point is I'm under by a fair amount, mfp is set to lose 2lbs a week so I should atleast be losing 1 lb a week when I'm.not even eating all of my activity adjustment back.

Woah that's a huge amount to be under. Like crazy.

What are your stats? How much are you trying to lose?
  • JK1542020
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Well I was particularly active today , I'm not that far under every day. I've still had plenty to eat. My diary is open so you can see. I'm 30, female, 5 ft 4, 14 stone 11 so I have a lot to lose. Some days I eat more some days less but I never go over my allowance and fit bit adjusts it according to my activity.
  • JK1542020

Well I was particularly active today , I'm not that far under every day. I've still had plenty to eat. My diary is open so you can see. I'm 30, female, 5 ft 4, 14 stone 11 so I have a lot to lose. Some days I eat more some days less but I never go over my allowance and fit bit adjusts it according to my activity.

Today:

zeclz9zk533k.jpg
  • JK1542020

Another day from this week to show It does vary:

wg83vjcg0h8o.jpg
  • Avidkeo
    What activities are you doing to get that adjustment? Are you set to sedentary? Granted I'm a lot smaller than you, though the same height, and I started at the same weight that you are now. I run, a lot, and very rarely do I get calorie adjustments that high.

When did you last update your stats? It may well be that you have hit maintenance calories for your height. I'd suggest eating back only half your exercise calories. I know there are some issues lately with fitbit double dipping exercise. So if you log an exercise on fitbit, it doesn't send that seperately, it sends over exercise + total calories.
  • JK1542020
    What activities are you doing to get that adjustment? Are you set to sedentary? Granted I'm a lot smaller than you, though the same height, and I started at the same weight that you are now. I run, a lot, and very rarely do I get calorie adjustments that high.

When did you last update your stats? It may well be that you have hit maintenance calories for your height. I'd suggest eating back only half your exercise calories. I know there are some issues lately with fitbit double dipping exercise. So if you log an exercise on fitbit, it doesn't send that seperately, it sends over exercise + total calories.

I dont log excersise I just wear the Fitbit. I am set to sedentary yes. I dont excersise every day, today I just walked a lot. My stats are up to date because my scale is linked to Fitbit and to mfp, so my weight automatically updates. I've checked it and its correct. Not sure how my adjustment could be wrong but like I said I dont eat it all back because I dont have the need to, that's what i was demonstrating with the screen shots. I eat between 1300 and 1800 cals a day depending on hunger and activity, but theres always several hundred left over.
  • JK1542020
    1up86fn653f5.jpg
    Today ....looks fine to me.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Okay those exercise calories are really high. I ran a 5K this morning and got 400 calories burned. You are 200%-250% of that. That might be why MFP is telling you that in 5 weeks you'll weigh X amount.
  • JK1542020
    briscogun wrote: »
    Okay those exercise calories are really high. I ran a 5K this morning and got 400 calories burned. You are 200%-250% of that. That might be why MFP is telling you that in 5 weeks you'll weigh X amount.

You're not the first person to say that but everyone who says this seems to be forgetting theres a huge difference between me going for a run - an obese, unfit person who use to be mostly sedentary, and a fit active small healthy person going for a run. Theres no reason why Fitbit would be miscalculating my burns. It's all set up correctly, I've spent a huge amount of time setting it all up properly and comparing numbers on both apps and it is correct. Like I keep saying, I never eat all those calories back and I'm still in a deficit.
  • JK1542020
    So I moved my scale onto a tiled surface to be 100% sure its properly feedback and took batteries out and put them back in. At first it bumped me UP 5lbs 😡😡😡 but then I stepped on again and it went down to 14.10 so a loss of 1lb. If im honest I still feel like it's a bit of a mean amount when I'm SO much more active and eating SO much less then I was but that's just me being a baby.

Thanjs for the help everyone.
  • Avidkeo
    So I moved my scale onto a tiled surface to be 100% sure its properly feedback and took batteries out and put them back in. At first it bumped me UP 5lbs 😡😡😡 but then I stepped on again and it went down to 14.10 so a loss of 1lb. If im honest I still feel like it's a bit of a mean amount when I'm SO much more active and eating SO much less then I was but that's just me being a baby.

Thanjs for the help everyone.

Hugs OP.

Remember weight loss isn't linear and you may well experience a woosh soon. Keep at it, don't give up. Are you tracking daily? Despite being the same for a week, your trending app should show a decrease, so concentrate on that!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I know my body refuses to be consistent on anything and does its best to not be predictable. My weight varies daily and sometimes upticks for no reason I can discern other than water weight. About 7 weeks ago, I adjusted my eating pattern because I was losing too quickly after adding in activity. Though I was in a deficit and eating at where MFP and my own calculations said I should be to lose 2 lbs a week (I still have around 90 lbs to lose or more), I stalled for 2 entire weeks and in fact, upticked some. Friends on here talked me off the ledge and I kept to the course, and the next week, I wooshed down 4 lbs which put me exactly where I expected to be at that time.

That's why its really recommended to look at long term trends, either using a trending app or looking at the 4 to 6 week average to get a better view of what is going on rather than day to day or even week to week, especially for us females who's hormones like to screw with our heads all the time......
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    If anyone has a spare few minutes today would you mind looking at my diary? I didnt lose any weight this week and I'm not sure why. I'm not on my period, I log accurately with a digi food scale and weigh every bite, I excersise and wear a Fitbit but never eat back the full calorie adjustment so I doubt it's that.

Any insight would be great or is it just an off week? Feeling a bit deflated as I've worked hard :/
    Weight loss isn't linear. Here's a thread I wrote about it. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JK1542020
    edited May 2020
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare few minutes today would you mind looking at my diary? I didnt lose any weight this week and I'm not sure why. I'm not on my period, I log accurately with a digi food scale and weigh every bite, I excersise and wear a Fitbit but never eat back the full calorie adjustment so I doubt it's that.

Any insight would be great or is it just an off week? Feeling a bit deflated as I've worked hard :/
    Weight loss isn't linear. Here's a thread I wrote about it. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yes I've read that and I really do admire all those who dont give the scale so much power. But I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to gauge success? I'm a fat person, its not like I'm just losing those last 15 vanity lbs. I have a minimum of 50lbs to lose, preferably more like 75. I'm not someone who can't simply measure my biceps or thigh gap for progress inches. I have a smart scale that also measures fat and muscle and these are also going the wrong direction at the moment. I weighed this morning I was 14.13. In disbelief I reset my scale and moved it and now im 14.10??? I'm just fed up. Im.now considering buying a new scale but its probably a waste of money if the scale is apparently not accurate?

I think what many people dont understand is that it's all very easy to sit on the other side of weight loss, in a crop top drinking your green juice with your toned abs and say oooh but weight loss isn't linear. And its true I know it isnt. But its extremely difficult to stomach when I'm 5 stone overweight trying really hard to just lose 1lb and I'm sweating every day working put, cooking meals i would rather stuff into my bird feeder and missing out on things I enjoy and the scale isnt moving.

Obviously I realise I have no choice as if I give up I definatly wont lose weight. I'm just saying it's not always super helpful for people to repeat "weight loss isnt linear!" over and over because we all know that at my size, it should be going down, not up.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member
    PS: you mention working out. If that's new since starting your weight loss journey, then my money's on water retention as the main cause of why the scale is not going down (yet).