Weight Watchers fed up

Replies

• owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    I started on weight watchers and found it really helpful to figure out serving sizes and get me on track, but once I figured out what I was doing and what a portion actually was I ditched it cos the points system was just ridiculous and I found it unhealthy (lots of focus on nutrient poor or gimmick food to fill you up), and expensive. Though that could partly have been because I'm a seriously fussy eater and have allergies and couldn't/wouldn't eat much of the lower point foods. I found cambridge (expensive, but tasty) much more useful for fast weight loss for special events, getting over plateaus and resetting my eating when I crept back into bad ways. I now just do protein shakes and lots of eggs, low carb pancakes, veg fritters, anything that's easy to make, few ingredients but are real food and pay attention to calories and what i'm actually eating.

Going low carb has let me find some healthier versions of my fave foods, so even if i'm not losing weight, I am at least feeding my body stuff it actually needs rather than junk.

I do think it takes quite a while to find a diet (in the traditional sense of the word, not the lose weight sense) that suits our bodies and life... Keep fiddling you'll find something that works really well for you.
  • Emican2020
    Emican2020 Posts: 35 Member
    I just canceled my ww after being on here for a month. Id love to be friends and motivate each other.
  • party_lots99
    party_lots99 Posts: 23 Member
    I’ve just made the same decision... switching over to here after a year of overall not losing any weight. In fact, I’m about 5lbs heavier than last year. I just kept losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over again. I eat (reasonably) well and run 4 times a week. I think I wasn’t eating enough on ww... doing a week of double tracking and I’ve stuck to my 1390 on mfp every day, but that has been over points every single day, sometimes quite substantially... and yet I’ve lost weight this week.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Weight loss is very basic and non complicated. CICO, that’s it! No points, NOTHING is “free”, just weigh accurately and enter the calories accurately (many mfp entries are wrong, so CHECK!), and if you consume fewer calories than you burn, you lose weight. And it doesn’t cost you a bunch of money better spent elsewhere.

As for weigh ins, I weigh in weekly on Saturday mornings and have also started weekly measurements to check my body fat percentage. I don’t need a gimmick to keep me doing so. I’m dedicated to my goals and THAT is my motivation to not miss weigh ins and measurements.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Have 'real' fruit. An apple or pear for example. You'll get more food for those 70 cals.
    harley79 wrote: »
    So I'm on Weight Watchers I'm just coming back to trying to lose over 100lbs well I just scanned a fruit cup in its own juice thats 70cal and it's 7points
    That is alot of points I love that they have zero point foods because weighing fruit is annoying but my God that's ridiculous any suggestions

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    edited July 2020
    harley79 wrote: »
    So I'm on Weight Watchers I'm just coming back to trying to lose over 100lbs well I just scanned a fruit cup in its own juice thats 70cal and it's 7points
    That is alot of points I love that they have zero point foods because weighing fruit is annoying but my God that's ridiculous any suggestions

Measuring fruit in cups was annoying. What's the problem with weighing it? You have a digital scale, as opposed to a spring scale, yes?

What's the brand of fruit cup? Perhaps the scanned entry was wrong and someone else here who does WW can verify that 7 points for you.
  • JazzyJewel1969
    JazzyJewel1969 Posts: 31 Member
    I left WW because of $$$ and because I feel like I have more choices to choose from on MFP
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Come to the calorie counting side.

We have cookies.

Post of the year. ;)