MUSIC?! ah yeah.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Varies on my mood.. mostly classic rock..now.

Back then.. dance / techno etc
  • riffwalkdale
    riffwalkdale Posts: 241 Member
    Personally, I never got these people that just use music as a background ambient sort of presence. Does anyone else just listen to music as like a sole activity in itself? Also, anyone else just miss the days of CDs? When you had the tangible product with the artwork...it felt like a more complete package...now its just click and play...it felt more special :(....another thing I can't stand with the modern world.

I like thrift shopping cd for my car. I always end up with things I would never expect finding. I also have a vinyl collection. So yes. I very much get where you are coming from!!
  • Motivation3842
    Motivation3842 Posts: 31 Member
    Well I can tell you one that will ruin your life for ever 😂 guys at work thought it would be funny to play baby shark doo doo doo doo 😤
  • riffwalkdale
    riffwalkdale Posts: 241 Member
    Well I can tell you one that will ruin your life for ever 😂 guys at work thought it would be funny to play baby shark doo doo doo doo 😤

As a teacher for young children... I giveth thee no sympathy!!! HAHAHa
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Personally, I never got these people that just use music as a background ambient sort of presence. Does anyone else just listen to music as like a sole activity in itself? Also, anyone else just miss the days of CDs? When you had the tangible product with the artwork...it felt like a more complete package...now its just click and play...it felt more special :(....another thing I can't stand with the modern world.

I like thrift shopping cd for my car. I always end up with things I would never expect finding. I also have a vinyl collection. So yes. I very much get where you are coming from!!

When I used to own a car, it was a complete sh!ITBox but it had a CD player but for some reason it didn't play all CD's, there was a select few that were able to play. It was like some sort of game you had to play with the car, you're all like "WILL IT WORK?....YES!" then it was like a treat. Also, someone ripped the antenna off so there was no radio LMAO. Never fixed that car.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Uh... you're talking to a person who still collects CDs and vinyl. :lol:

Yes, while I enjoy listening to music as "background", I am more interested in appreciating the genres and dissecting the meaning behind the songs. Even better if it may have dual or ambiguous meaning. :)
  • Justn_83
    Justn_83 Posts: 492 Member
    What's a CD lol
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member

🤣🤣We do that in our office too. But since we are all mature 50 somethings , we change baby to someone's name/nickname and shark to shart 🤭
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    I listen to a lot of different music. Blues, huge Stevie Ray Vaughan fan. 80s metal & hard rock . I've always liked Great White for some reason lol. Some country, classic rock , STP from the 90s.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Um ..
    Lady Gaga ,never was a fan but she’s putting out bangers right now..

Sour candy...such a good one. And the one ft Ariana...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited May 2020

That’s the only way I enjoy listening to music - actively. Having it as background makes me jittery and distracted. As a result, I probably listen to less music than a lot of people because my time is limited.

I do miss CDs and albums and liner notes and artwork. I still have a lot though

Eta: i miss the whole culture around it too. Record shopping, record stores, cute boys in record stores. EPs, LPs, 45s.
  • Personally, I never got these people that just use music as a background ambient sort of presence. Does anyone else just listen to music as like a sole activity in itself? Also, anyone else just miss the days of CDs? When you had the tangible product with the artwork...it felt like a more complete package...now its just click and play...it felt more special :(....another thing I can't stand with the modern world.

That’s the only way I enjoy listening to music - actively. Having it as background makes me jittery and distracted. As a result, I probably listen to less music than a lot of people because my time is limited.

I do miss CDs and albums and liner notes and artwork. I still have a lot though

Eta: i miss the whole culture around it too. Record shopping, record stores, cute boys in record stores. EPs, LPs, 45s.

Cheech and Chong giant bamboo papers in their records
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »
    I dig lots of stuff, but my go-to is 80s hair metal. Ratt, Poison, KISS, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, The Cult, Whitesnake... Fantastic music to grow up with!

Ohh.. yeah I love me a good ballad while cleaning. I love the Scorpions. They are probably my favorite band of all time. I would love to see them in concert.

I saw the Scorpions in 1988 on the Savage Amusement tour. That's a great album. Lots of ballads on that one
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    It all depends on my mood. I enjoy old and new country. Rockabilly, Doo wop, 50's-80's rock, hip hop, R&B, soul, Motown, classic jazz as in the Rat Pack, Billie Holiday, Ella, and so on.
  • NeutralReiddHotel
    NeutralReiddHotel Posts: 1 Member
    Neutral milk hotel doe
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I can appreciate most forms of music but Mark Knopfler is my guy. Always has been.
  • ghudson92 wrote: »
    I can appreciate most forms of music but Mark Knopfler is my guy. Always has been.

I hugged this lots but you'll only get credit for one
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 wrote: »

A fellow fan? Many hugs in return
  • ghudson92 wrote: »

Indeed. He's a legend in my book
  • ghudson92

Indeed. He's a legend in my book

I can't comprehend how one human being is that talented