Breakfast meal ????

whitevanman1530
whitevanman1530 Posts: 17 Member
Tell me what you like for breakfast....Or better still what is a more filling breakfast to keep you going longer until you eat again..
Thanks.
ยซ1

Replies

• ClimbingWolf
    ClimbingWolf Posts: 298 Member
    oats all the way!
  • whitevanman1530
    Do you make your oats with natural yogurt or Greek style yogurt. Or make them with hot water ? May be some honey or fruit ??...thanks for the reply.
  • ClimbingWolf
    ClimbingWolf Posts: 298 Member
    I usually put 80grams of oats with 300ml of semi-skimmed milk, one banana. Gives me enough food to survive from 07:00 - 12:30, with occasionally an apple at 10:00.
  • whitevanman1530
    That sounds different, sounds nice though....thanks for the reply
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Filling? Anything that's higher in fiber tends to keep me satisfied longer to the point where, if I'm busy, I'll forget about lunch until 3pm or so unless I'm careful.

That's me though, what have you found that works for you @whitevanman1530?
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I've tried a lot of egg casserole combinations (potato base of some kind, eggs, meat of some kind, cheese, spinach). I get tired of those though, so sometimes I have greek yogurt cup and apple w/peanut butter (measured serving).
    Going to experiment with kodiak protein batter next weekend i think, for some variety.

All of these keep me full for about 3 hours. then i have a protein shake as a "snack" until lunch.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @whitevanman1530

I pour them directly from container, adding yogurt or some kind of nut milk and voila. I don't cook them for myself because they're already steamed at the factory. I don't wait for overnight oats, just Grab N Go.
    I like oats because I know how to use them for definition. I've learned a few secrets about oats during my fair and rodeo days while winning blue ribbons for my livestock. Oats have secrets. Some really good ones. ;)

Add some fruit and a handful of nuts. The sky is not the limit and it never was for oat variations on a theme. Oats, oats, oats.
  • AliciaDawne7
    AliciaDawne7 Posts: 1 Member
    I usually have 2 plain shredded wheat biscuits, banana and almond milk

or plain greek yogurt with fruit, or cottage cheese with fresh fruit. That's just what works for me right now... I like to switch it up so next week it'll probably be something like a hard boiled egg or a poached egg on a slice of toast + 1/2 serving of fresh fruit.

I live for fresh summer fruit ;)

Hope that helps!
  • whitevanman1530
    Thank you all for your comments.....much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • dietoctober
    dietoctober Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi :) When I need something hearty for breakfast, I eat barley dishes which I have made ahead (a must.) FYI Not gluten free. It is high in nutrition & fiber ~200cal a Cup. I like both slightly sweet breakfast dishes & I enjoy savory-sweet barley breakfast dishes also (ie: sweet potato cubes/subtle herbs & tad of cinnamon.) When it cooks, it expands & has a nutty, chewy texture, very filling, fuels me for hours & easy on the budget.
    For a sweet barley dish you can treat it like oatmeal, (I would use xylitol) but, usually, I prefer a bit cleaner version, I add a scoop of my thawed fruit blend below>>

*Breakfast & Sweet Tooth snacks; weekly prep: large bag of mixed berries; add can of crushed pineapple in 100% juice for the sweetener, let thaw in fridge (creates lots of juice). mix 1/4-1/2 parts greek plain WHOLE MILK yogurt & 3/4-1/2 fruit. Blend or eat layered. Fills me up, satisfies my cravings for hours, good for immune system.

*Sometimes I want something fast, light & no dishes lol. I eat FINN BRAND Rye Thins or WASA BRAND Rosemary & Sea Salt Crisps, Neufchatel (lighter cream cheese-go easy on it), sprinkled with an herb blend. Variety; add tomato slices and/or 1 slice of precooked bacon. (Avocado slice is good too!)
    It's not as filling for me & I don't eat flour products too often, but, it's a nice change of pace & satisfies my toast cravings & my salty/crunchy cravings I get every once in a while. I do always tend to eat more of this than I had planned. :neutral:
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    My favorite breakfasts:
    1. Oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, coffee
    2. Scrambled eggs and coffee
    3. Omelettes and coffee
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I have to ensure to have a good balance of all - protein/fat and carbs. Breakfast' doesn't have to mean cereal/eggs, etc., You could have dinner for breakfast. If you like oatmeal, there are lots of savory ones out there too.
  • Samtyldesley58
    Samtyldesley58 Posts: 15 Member
    Mine is weetabix skimmed milk and blueberries and/or raspberries... but I like my milk hot.. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿฅณ
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    My new obsession is scrambled egg with peanut butter.
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    Oatmeal or a bowl of cereal never fills me up. I do feel satisfied with a glass of orange juice, a toasted slice of whole wheat bread with some peanut butter on it, and a cup of coffee. The whole breakfast is around 325 calories. I eat this most mornings.
  • amieelizabeth82
    amieelizabeth82 Posts: 5 Member
    My fave is oatmeal topped with chopped banana and a tbsp of peanut butter x
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Piece of fruit on weekdays. Keep it simple.

Mrs Jruzer is a great baker and she usually makes scones, muffins, or pancakes on the weekend.
  • MeisjeandDanny
    MeisjeandDanny Posts: 22 Member
    I mix it up during the week, but my 3 usual go-to's are:

Porridge (cooked with 1/2 milk/water, sunflower seeds and cinnamon) with blueberries and Greek yoghurt.

Smoothie, banana, blueberries and spinach with some nuts, oats, cinnamon, Greek yoghurt and milk thrown in.

Cocoa banana egg pancakes with Greek yoghurt. Honestly tastes like a dessert ๐Ÿ˜† super simple, just an egg, banana, oats, cinnamon, cocoa and about 1Tbsp flour to hold it all together.