Less Alcohol - MAY 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    It's not even dark yet, and they're already burning police cars here. Not a good night to be anything but sober.
    This will be Day 4 AF.

That is awful. What city are you in?
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1 Where are you? Wishing for peace and safety for your community.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,583 Member
    Options
    SouthSide Pittsburgh. Thought I would have a snack & a glass of vino [banished that bad bad thought] then sleep while the dumpster fires flamed downtown. Just a minute ago a car ran through SS , guns pointed at pedestrians, dropped off a group who are now smashing store windows, while the car sped back over a bridge, back downtown. Police broke off the chase due to too many protesters. I'm a quarter mile uphill, figuring its way too steep for anyone to bother. Anywho, there's a lot of legal firepower on this hilltop...deerhunters with scanners.
    Feels like I'm back in DC, 1968.
    Still AF #4...

OMG!!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited June 2020
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    My goal used to be 8AF days per month, I am pretty happy to try to cruise between 16-20 so as not to put too much pressure on myself. If I get more that is just gravy.
    I managed 22AF days somehow in April!!
    Thanks @MissMay for keeping us going : - )

Friday May 29 - AF - I did the 6 minute wait quite a few times. Worked my butt off in the yard again in the hot sun today. At one point I opened the fridge and there was a Labatt .5 (na beer). I had that on my front porch in the shade, and it did the trick! I will have to get some more of those. I am never a beer drinker, but it tasted good and really quenched my thirst for a treat drink after such physical hot labour. (I would have had a rum punch). I said that I was planning not to have any more drinks days the rest of the month. 2 more to go.
    Saturday May 30 - 2 1/2 drinks - really had planned on AF until the end of the month, delayed and delayed...then ... didn't. Couldn't finish my 3rd drink. Normally if I am not going to have an AF day I will have 3 drinks, just for the little "buzz", but I was starting to feel drunk, not buzzed, and drunk means that I puke, so I put it in the freezer. Still happy to have exceeded my 16-20 AF days per month.
    Sunday May 31 - AF - Final check in for the month. As I am looking back, the days (like today) when I felt fine the next day after having drinks were days when I drank 2 litres of water during the day.
    I also believe, like @forestdweller1 suggested, I am becoming less tolerant to booze now that I have been getting in more AF days. I don't really eat much during the day, so I am always on an empty stomach when I do imbibe.

22AF days out of 31 days for the month. Matched my April record, thanks for noticing @forestdweller1 : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I am sorry to my American friends that all of this crap is happening in your country. Chaos exists for many reasons.
    Thank you for sharing first hand experiences.
    Way to go for going through this and not hitting the bottle!!!

See y'all in the June thread.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to my American friends that all of this crap is happening in your country. Chaos exists for many reasons.
    Thank you for sharing first hand experiences.
    Way to go for going through this and not hitting the bottle!!!

See y'all in the June thread.

Thank you Dawn, this has been tough. My boss's business destroyed last night. Today the looters are in Long Beach CA, my hometown and where my oldest Son and my oldest Brother live. Also in Lakewood CA, where my youngest Son lives with his Fiance. In Santa Ana CA, one city over from where I live with my husband. It feels like we are in a war zone. Sober today.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Way to go @dawnbgethealthy by exceeding your high goal for the month 👍👍👍