Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Well, we found a house!
    It's been stressful finding it, but now that that stress is off, I can just enjoy the effects of the extra physical work and hopefully the scale will move. It's been stuck for a month.

I'm so very happy for you!! The house sounds lovely. Congrats!! :)
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    First, thanks to @RavenStCloud for doing this post! You are a treasure.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 , continued good luck with the new house!
    @supersparklyk -glad you're in the 80's! I am down 2 lbs and am at 269. But at least I'm in the 60's. It's the first time in a LONG time.
    And finally, sharing a few quotes; one is serious and one cute.
    1. Be stubborn about your goals, but flexible about your methods.
    2. If you're going to be weird, be confident about it.

Ok then, everyone be kind to yourselves! ❤
  • sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe I’m also trying to create the habit of exercise, being open-minded to some types of exercise I wasn’t before. My boyfriend and I did a youtube kickboxing class and it was not only got my heart rate up but it was fun! Walking around the neighborhood has also been a fave of mine, both for my mind and body.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 congrats! I know its been a stressful process but glad you found something.

@KeriA I definitely see the connection between habits and goals, the habits get you to the goal. Like @speyerj said, its about doing the habits that you can adhere to everyday aka the lifestyle change we all hear about. I feel like I personally get caught up on the end goal result so rather than focus on that, I want to focus on the behaviors/habits that will lead to those goals. Its a shift for me in what I’m focusing on, my habits versus my weight/size.

@pamiede amazing results! You are in inspiration <3
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    @RavenStCloud so glad to hear you made such good progress this month. My mother-in-law makes the best Chinese fish cakes but the fish she uses isn’t available in Seattle. She gets it in Honolulu Chinatown open market. Have you tried beanthreads? Is this different from tofu noodles? I use them when making Hawaiian Chicken long rice. The long rice is really bean threads. They have other names as well (glass noodles, cellophane noodles). In Texas people get Cedar Fever in the spring. It turns out the trees are really junipers not really cedars. Their pollen blows from the hill country and even people in Houston are affected along with closer cities like Austen and San Antonio. So I think it is likely it maybe quite a different tree than pines where you are from. Thanks for setting up Junes thread.

@supersarklyk, @Tarzan37, @MuttiNM, @CupcakeCrusoe and @mmdeveau great job this month! Yay for those making your goal.

@cesse47 I hope you repost your June goals on the June thread. Hope things are improving.

@pamiede great month! I just entered in the calculator to check it out. I try to eat between my BMR and TDEE and use calculators to estimate these. I am curious to compare your calculator/method with it. Your method is working for you. You look great and so much younger.

@speyerj your last May post was inspiring with all those goals achieved.

@torihudson6 I went up a bit at the end of the month too. I am able to drink more at home somehow. I get caught up in my work and don’t stop. Too bad because they have great water there with a special filter system.

I am going to keep my last check in as my last May check in since it was recent and I haven't lost since then. I was curious then since I felt I wasn't losing this month as much as the last 2. It was a similar pattern where I lost mostly in one week and maintained in the early weeks. So I checked my spreadsheet. I calculated my weights at the beginning and end of each month for those months I had data for the whole month. I had very slow loss in December and January and a little bit better in February. In March and April I lost 4 lbs each which is actually the rate I would like to lose (1 lb a week). However in May I had lost only 3.2 lbs with my last check-in this month which is better than February. I was hoping to at least lose 4. Looking forward to seeing all in next months thread.
  • havalynd
    havalynd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Looking for advice on ways to squeak in some work outs & any dairy free recipes that are on the healthier side. I'm facing some difficulties with food (testing for celiac among other things,) which is ironic considering it's not helping me lose anything! I'm just binging on what I know is safe. : (
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,266 Member
    Options
    Age - 51
    Height - 5'6
    Heaviest weight - 105.5kg (Aug 2018)
    Goal weight - 80kg

23/3 94.7kg
    30/3 94.8kg
    6/4 96.5kg
    13/4 96.6kg
    20/4 97.7kg
    27/4 97.2kg
    4/5 95.5kg
    11/5 95.9kg
    18/5 95.8kg
    25/5 96kg
    1/6 95.8kg

May goals
    Get under 94kg[b No [/b]
    Average total cals under 2000 - wk 1 - 1899, yes!, wk 2 - 2245, no, wk 3 - 2188, no, wk 4 - 1972, yes!, wk 5 - 2514, definite no!
    Average snacks under 20% - wk 1- 22%, not yet, wk 2 - 18% yes! ,wk 3 - 17%, yes! , wk 4 - 13% yes!, wk 5 - 25%, no
    Yoga at home at least 2 times a week - no
    Meditation at home at least 2 times a week wk 1- yes, wks 2-5, no

A bit of a holding pattern this month, doing better on the snacking though.

• aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Final May post to close out the month:

SW: 236.4 (9/8/19)
    3/1: 195.6
    4/1: 186.5
    5/1: 187.0
    5/6: 185.0
    5/13: 184.4
    5/20: 185.5
    5/27: 184.3
    5/31: 186.8
    May goal: 182

Not a great end to the month but on to June!