My love affair is over

I've owned various Fitbits since 2013 and I am currently on a Charge 3 which I have had for 6 months. I seem to have entered the realm of constant sync issues (not to MFP) but just trying to sync on a regular or automatic basis. I'm pretty much at the end of my tether with the random data it's sending out if I can get any thing from it at all. So being slightly addicted to an activity what would others recommend? Something that won't break the bank and is same sort of style as the Charge as I like how that sits on my wrist.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I haven't noticed any syncing issues with Fitbit at all here, started using my Charge again in February - I take it you have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both apps?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Fitbit has so many app problems it's unreal. I didn't get any live HR data to the app for 3 months! Synching issues: check. MinHR estimates stuck: check. At a certain time things suddenly worked again. Beats me what the problem is. But deinstalling the app, hard switching off/on the phone and installing the app again certainly has helped in the past.
  • kiwiroz
    kiwiroz Posts: 57 Member
    I haven't noticed any syncing issues with Fitbit at all here, started using my Charge again in February - I take it you have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both apps?

It's only a recent issue with the sync to MFP the main problem is it not syncing with itself (so to speak) yip done all the usual fixes the latest is to try a hard reboot so will see what happens
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Didn't they get bought by google or something year or so back. I' curious if that made any changes to fitbit's platform. I have been using garmin for years now so I'm out of the fitbit world now.
  • kiwiroz
    Didn't they get bought by google or something year or so back. I' curious if that made any changes to fitbit's platform. I have been using garmin for years now so I'm out of the fitbit world now.

Seems to be a lot of issues on all their forums and the problems have started in the last year or so it might be related
  • kiwiroz
    Spendy, but I switched from Fitbit to an Apple watch and I love it!

I'm an android kinda of girl but might have to go to the dark side just to get some sanity
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Garmin is another option if you don't want to switch to the dark side :wink: I'm very happy with my (expensive) Vivoactive, but I think they have cheaper options as well. It all depends what you want your activity tracker to do.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    I'm always surprised when I keep hearing these problems about Fitbits. I've had a Fitbit for about 5 years: first Charge HR, then Alta HR, and just last week switched to Inspire HR. Never had problems with syncing, either Fitbit tracker to app or from Fitbit to MFP. I'm realizing I might be the lucky one here.
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    If it syncs with your phone it can also be the blue tooth going out on your phone. My hubby has this issue with his phone blue tooth.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Switched from Fitbit to Apple Watch in March. I have all Apple products & love my watch.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    You need an iPhone to run an Apple Watch, FYI.
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    I have a Garmin Vivosmart 4.
    100 bucks and I loooove it.
    The screen is small but that is the only drawback I've found and even that isn't an issue after a day or two adjustment period.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    edited June 2020
    Garmin Instinct! Lots of bells and whistles, moderate cost. I have really liked mine - had it since November. It’s also quite durable, even smacking my wrist on door frames (I am a klutz) leaves no mark. I could write a book of a post on it.

ETA: the battery life is wonderful, depending on GPS use I can go a week to a week and a half between charges! And it only takes an hour or so to charge.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,568 Member
    I received the Garmin Forerunner 35 as a birthday gift almost three years ago and I love it!

It’s pricey, but I have no syncing issues and I find the HR monitor to be fairly accurate for me. If I ever need a new one, I’m definitely sticking with Garmin.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    I recently switched from Fitbit (I had an Ionic) to Garmin (bought the Venu).
    Pricey, but I've definitely found it worth the price so far - way more details/stats and no syncing issues.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I have a Garmin forerunner 35. It works great, I got it for my birthday last year and haven’t had any issues. I don’t love the the design but I also only wear it when I workout.
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Garmin 35, never any issues. I paid about $200 Canadian about 2 years ago. They have me sold on it.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Honestly after going Garmin (like... 2010-2011), Fitbit (2011-2017) to Apple Watch (2017-present), I dont think Ill go back. I do like the output it provides me and the flexibility to also hold my music and allow me to bit more hands free on runs. however, Garmin has really stepped up their game the last few years. If I was an android person I'd probably look at them depending what you really want it to do.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    I have a Polar m430 which I'm very happy with.