20 by 2012 Week 1

Options

Replies

• campfirecrafter
    campfirecrafter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Figuring this out ,

My start weight for this challenge is 193lbs

Today I am going for a walk as that is about all I can do , due to a bad cold ... But it was too nice to stay in all day.

I am hoping doing this with others will be the accountability I need to keep up with this
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Figuring this out ,

My start weight for this challenge is 193lbs

Today I am going for a walk as that is about all I can do , due to a bad cold ... But it was too nice to stay in all day.

I am hoping doing this with others will be the accountability I need to keep up with this

I hope you get to feeling better! I'm just getting over a sinus infection, and it felt great to go for a walk today!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    I went for an hour-long walk! I rambled around town with a friend :) Lots of fun, and good exercise!

I LOVE going for walks with friends!! It seems as though you will always walk longer, and sometimes faster depending on who you are walking with!
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I went for an extra-long bike ride (normally ride abt 15 miles and went 20 today woot!), so can I count that as my extra 15-30 minutes? I also did 30DS. I'll add a walk to my ride and 30ds tomorrow. :)

Great job everyone!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Got out for my C25K run this morning...added 5 minutes to my warm up walk and 10 minutes to my cool down walk....giving me 15 minutes towards this weeks challenge!! =)
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Got out for my C25K run this morning...added 5 minutes to my warm up walk and 10 minutes to my cool down walk....giving me 15 minutes towards this weeks challenge!! =)

Great job!! That's what I'm going to do when I start doing C25K again!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    spreadsheet and partners have been updated!!! Check out the thread or my blog to find your partners! (No one has really changed partners..we just have some new members! So feel free to welcome them!!)
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I did NOT want to work out after school today! BUT I want a glass of wine and maybe even gelato after dinner -- so I hopped on the elliptical for 20, and then took our aged doggie for his vet-approved 15 minute walk. There may be another short walk after dinner, but we will have to see how he feels.
    I weighed in at 186.3 this morning for the 2nd day in a row, which is higher than my 185.6 last week. I know it is hormone/water related, though, because I didn't over consume on the food end. Maybe I was just dehydrated on the 185.6 day...anyway -- happy challenge to all!
  • mvance92
    Options
    Walking with Leslie tonight. Rainy in Cincinnati, and the little one has Chicken Pox.
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Ugh, I did NOT want to work out after school today! BUT I want a glass of wine and maybe even gelato after dinner -- so I hopped on the elliptical for 20, and then took our aged doggie for his vet-approved 15 minute walk. There may be another short walk after dinner, but we will have to see how he feels.
    I weighed in at 186.3 this morning for the 2nd day in a row, which is higher than my 185.6 last week. I know it is hormone/water related, though, because I didn't over consume on the food end. Maybe I was just dehydrated on the 185.6 day...anyway -- happy challenge to all!

I know how you feel!! I was with pre-schoolers today, and after chasing them around I did not want to do anything when I got home...but the first thing I did when I walked in the door was change into my workout clothes!!! I can't be slackin when I expect you guys to meet these challenges!!!! LOL
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Walking with Leslie tonight. Rainy in Cincinnati, and the little one has Chicken Pox.

It sucks it has been so rainy for you!! I hope your little one gets better fast! I had chicken pox twice!!! No fun at all.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Instead of riding my bike yesterday I got my boyfriend to go walking with me and we brought two of our "fur" children with us. We ended up walking for an hour and completed 3 miles! I'm not sure if I will get my walking in for tonight because I'm still at school studying for a practical and a test I have both tomorrow >.< I treated myself to Raising Cane's earlier though, so I need to do something. It might be later tonight (it's already 8:41 here) but I will try!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Instead of riding my bike yesterday I got my boyfriend to go walking with me and we brought two of our "fur" children with us. We ended up walking for an hour and completed 3 miles! I'm not sure if I will get my walking in for tonight because I'm still at school studying for a practical and a test I have both tomorrow >.< I treated myself to Raising Cane's earlier though, so I need to do something. It might be later tonight (it's already 8:41 here) but I will try!!

Awesome job on the 3 miles!!!!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    We're half way through the first week!!! I'll be sending messages today after work to check in with ya'll!! Looks like everyone has been doing great!!! Keep up all the amazing work!! I got a brand new challenge ready for next week! *evil laugh* LOL
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    We have new members!! Please Welcome them!!!

Sandra craft338
    Stephanie MountaineerGirl
    Katie abeautifulvoice
    Jenny JMehl135
    Betty betty51
    Adri adriodendaal
    Lisa CookieMe4
    Amanda abjedi
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I've been a slouch....well not really but having a hard time getting the challenge walk in. Been a busy week, and now I have to get out w/ my oldest son and my some formal wear for his choir class.....sigh.....it never ends. :(
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    I've been a slouch....well not really but having a hard time getting the challenge walk in. Been a busy week, and now I have to get out w/ my oldest son and my some formal wear for his choir class.....sigh.....it never ends. :(

It can be tough to find that extra 15-30 minutes!!! There was a day where that was all I did because I was so exhausted from work, plus had to do dinner and bake something for an event! I said to myself...."I need to do more than walk....." but at least I got my walk!! LOL I think it's so great that ya'll are trying so hard to meet this challenge!!!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I weighed in at 205.6lbs and I walked about 30 mins today.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Got out for a 40 minute walk today!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    I weighed in at 205.6lbs and I walked about 30 mins today.

Thank you! and great job on the walk!!! :)