Accountability buddy

Options

Replies

• crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »
    Somewhat reached goals yesterday. Got in 2 treadmill walks. One 45 min 3 miles and another 40 min 2.5 miles. Only did 60 squats and abs thou

Today’s goal is to get out for a jog shortly and possibly some weights. Also might cut the grass this evening which is a 2 hour ordeal.

Way to go on the exercise!

I have to mow today as well. I am dreading it!
  • crystalsan726
    Options

Hope everyone has a great day today. Remember don't give up! Keep pushing! You've got this!

Thank you @crystalsan726. You are awesome. I love this.

Today’s Goals: same as always...Calm moments. Water water water. Mindful eating at the table!! Movement.

Make it a great day everyone.

@Mahoganylit -Another day of great goals! You can do it!
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    Question I have heard that people that have coffee or tea count that toward their water goal. I have always had a hard time wrapping my head around that. What do you do? Do you count coffee or tea toward your water goal ?
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good morning to everyone! I appreciate the way that we are sharing journeys here... I learn a lot from reading your posts and it keeps me focused.

I’m about ten days in to using mfp. Here’s how it’s going so far
    +:
    Weighing myself regularly and not hiding from the scale
    Paying attention to my calorie intake and logging meals
    Eating a lot of green foods (noom term for fruits and veggies)
    Increasing water intake
    Maintaining exercise

Delta:
    Discouraged by the reality of my weight (fluctuating between 176 and 181, about five to ten pounds up from where I was when I stopped Noom in November)
    Late night eating is still a problem, I’ve increased my awareness of it but it’s a hard habit to break
    Trying to eat regularly but am easily derailed by the lack of structure from the quarantine, I go a long time without eating and then I eat too much

Thanks for reading! I think this is a decent start.
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Today I officially hit the halfway mark and have lost 20lbs! I am so conflicted right now, I feel like celebrating the past 3 months of hard work, and of course the way I feel like doing that is by taking a week off of exercise, and ordering a huge pizza or something.. old habits die hard.. I might indulge a bit, but I gotta stay on track to keep this momentum going!

Congratulations!!! If you feel like you need a celebratory treat, ive found what works for me is to allow myself to have a treat meal (so smash that pizza!) but not a treat day. Just one meal. And still track it even though you know youll be over on your calories. You will either make the decision not to eat it all, or eat it all but having tracked rather than pretend it didn't happen, youre more likely to get straight back on the wagon!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Ive found my mojo!!! I had a bleugh period... Was still going through the motions but just not feeling it.... However yesterday and today im back with a vengeance :)
    Weight loss is slow.... But im strength training and muscle Gaining so I need to remember that Im changing shape and its not just down to the scales.
    Was allowed back into our gym this week for one to one sessions (its a private gym so only ever me and my PT in there) and it Feels great. Jumped straight back in squatting 45kg so that was pleasing! Im gonna hurt tomorrow and I cant wait.... :)
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You guys- the scale is trending the right way! I’m talking SLOWLY- but I just entered my weigh in amount and looked at my overall trend. It’s down. Feeling encouraged.
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    Ive found my mojo!!! I had a bleugh period... Was still going through the motions but just not feeling it.... However yesterday and today im back with a vengeance :)
    Weight loss is slow.... But im strength training and muscle Gaining so I need to remember that Im changing shape and its not just down to the scales.
    Was allowed back into our gym this week for one to one sessions (its a private gym so only ever me and my PT in there) and it Feels great. Jumped straight back in squatting 45kg so that was pleasing! Im gonna hurt tomorrow and I cant wait.... :)

@kiay131982 That is great!
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    You guys- the scale is trending the right way! I’m talking SLOWLY- but I just entered my weigh in amount and looked at my overall trend. It’s down. Feeling encouraged.

@kstpierre52020 - Congratulations! That is wonderful!! You've got this!!
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    Yesterday I went above and beyond my water goal. I did almost 3 miles. It was 2.99 miles. If I had know it was at that I would have kept going until I hit 3 miles. Today I stepped on the scales and I hit a number I haven't been in a long time. I hope I can keep this going. A lot of times when I hit a new low number on the scales I bomb completely and gain it all back. I have set a goal for myself for June trying to achieve an almost 8 pound weight loss goal.

Today's goal -Hit my water goal again, continue to resist sweets, and try to get 4 miles in.

Have a good one everybody!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It’s uplifting to see so many positive reports! Congratulations to all of you for sticking to your goals through the tough times. I’m inching along and finally saw the scale move below 150 pounds (68 kilos) today. Usually, I wait to make the change in MFP until I hold the same weight for a few days but I’m encouraged to FINALLY see a good sign after more than a month of flat maintenance.

Best wishes on achieving today’s goal, all!

For my goals, I’m keeping it simple and just planning to do my shoulder rehab exercises and some abdominal exercises (along with a nice long stretch) since I’m scheduled to join a cardio class tomorrow. I’ll stay within my calorie allotment and formally closing out my diary at the end of the day. I’ve been motivated by the auto-generated messages telling me I’ll weigh 145 pounds in five weeks if I continue to eat the right number of calories, etc.

@crystalsan726 - Great work posting goals everyday, increasing your distance and rocking the water intake! ... and @kiay131982 - I love the way you reframe the usual approach to muscle pain as progress. You’re so right that it’s good to feel that burn and muscle growth! Thanks, everyone! ... and keep working on those goals!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the previous posts yet, but I need some help getting back on the wagon. I went to my parents' house memorial day weekend and really got off course with my tracking. Doesn't help that they have junk food everywhere either.
    Then my period came and I felt bad and really stuffed my face for a week.
    Haven't weighed in for 2 weeks and I'm just feeling gross.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @arameni - Some short-term setbacks are natural and you have already handled it better than most people in so many ways so please be kind to yourself! You’ve already reflected on what happened so you can learn and grow from the experience.

Do you have a plan for how you can get through the next visit to your parents house?

You’ll need to experiment with something that is most likely to work for you and your family but some ideas might be:

-bring some healthy food to share,
    -eat ahead of time if it’s a short visit,
    -cook something together so you can enjoy time together while influencing the food choices,
    -suggest a walk or other activity that promotes physical wellbeing, etc.

Once you have your new plan, I hope you can toss aside any guilt or regret immediately. As soothing as it might feel, negative self-talk is NOT your friend. Instead, I encourage you to think about other things you’ve already done to move forward. For example, you’ve reached out for support and quickly put an end to the negative cycle. You’ve got this!!

A two-week setback will not undo all the work you’ve done to get this far. Your health is a lifelong journey and every small decision is a chance to choose good health. You can do it ... start with a couple of simple but positive choices such as taking five deep cleansing breathes to focus your mind and clean the slate ... or drink a refreshing glass of water or two as a way to get back on the right path. Whatever you think is right for you in this moment (e.g., a walk, shopping for some healthy ingredients for your next meal?) ... Take that next step to set yourself up for success and celebrate!
  • Mahoganylit
    Mahoganylit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Question I have heard that people that have coffee or tea count that toward their water goal. I have always had a hard time wrapping my head around that. What do you do? Do you count coffee or tea toward your water goal ?

I do not count my tea drinking towards my water goal. I tend to drink my water prior to 6 and with my dinner I drink unsweetened iced tea or I will some hot tea.
    kmccrom wrote: »
    Good morning to everyone! I appreciate the way that we are sharing journeys here... I learn a lot from reading your posts and it keeps me focused.

I’m about ten days in to using mfp. Here’s how it’s going so far
    +:
    Weighing myself regularly and not hiding from the scale
    Paying attention to my calorie intake and logging meals
    Eating a lot of green foods (noom term for fruits and veggies)
    Increasing water intake
    Maintaining exercise

Delta:
    Discouraged by the reality of my weight (fluctuating between 176 and 181, about five to ten pounds up from where I was when I stopped Noom in November)
    Late night eating is still a problem, I’ve increased my awareness of it but it’s a hard habit to break
    Trying to eat regularly but am easily derailed by the lack of structure from the quarantine, I go a long time without eating and then I eat too much

Thanks for reading! I think this is a decent start.

Definitely a Great start. One step at a time. You’ve got this and we’ve got you.

A down trend Is AWESOME. Love it.
    arameni wrote: »
    Didn't read all the previous posts yet, but I need some help getting back on the wagon. I went to my parents' house memorial day weekend and really got off course with my tracking. Doesn't help that they have junk food everywhere either.
    Then my period came and I felt bad and really stuffed my face for a week.
    Haven't weighed in for 2 weeks and I'm just feeling gross.

Sorry 😐. No time like the present though get back on the wagon. Don’t sweat it. Start from now. No looking back.

• kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just catching up on yesterday’s posts and you guys are amazing- so encouraging and so many good suggestions to keep us encouraged. Thank you!

Arameni- several years ago I joined weight watchers and found an online group called “no finish line nation”. At first that name was discouraging to me because I felt like I’d never be “done.” But I have come to love that name- because there is no finish line in this pursuit. Even reaching a goal weight is not the finish line- not even close. It’s the beginning, really. But in that name is permission to give yourself so much grace- if you trip up in the race, pick yourself up and keep moving! Like our friends said above-“ your health is a lifelong journey” and “don’t sweat it. Start from now. No looking back” - brilliant advice! Keep going forward. You can do it!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Evening all!! Ive really embraced the pain from being back in the gym this week!!!
    Today, two days later Im still feeling those squats and so I went for my run, determined not to give in to my screaming muscles and knocked nearly 2 minutes off my PB. I feel like Ive found a whole new love for the exercise right now! :)
    Back for an outdoor session with my PT tomorrow to finish off the week and hopefully give the scales a boost for saturday weigh in!

@arameni please dont feel too down. Pick up and keep going, you havent undone all your hard work and you are starting from a place of more knowledge and experience :) youve got this!!!
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @arameni - hang in there. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Getting discouraged is part of the process, but it can be overcome. Just keep showing up for yourself. I know that feeling of feeling gross, and I’m trying to just acknowledge when so feel that way and not let it take me over. There are a lot of weird messages we send ourselves about being gross that just aren’t fair. We wouldn’t say them to a dear friend so why do we say them to ourselves? Sometimes I think about someone saying those awful things to one of my daughters and it makes me mad. That’s what I think about to retrain my brain.

@kiay131982 - I love your enthusiasm. I’ll try to keep your voice in my head as a kind of personal trainer. Thanks for sharing all that positive energy with us!

@kstpierre52020 - I like your story about the no finish line... and I think it’s so true. It’s a journey, not a destination

@Mahoganylit - thanks for being so supportive! I can really feel that support and it means a lot

@PatriceFitnessPal - you have the best concrete suggestions ! I appreciate the time and energy you put into them, and they’ve helped me. Thanks !

@crystalsan726 - good job with the daily goals. It seems like you are really making progress- yay! Enjoy it and savor it and take that good feeling with you into renewed commitment. I appreciate your honesty

Thanks Accountability Buddies! I appreciate you!

• carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow this seems like an awesome and active group! Is it too late to join in? Feel free to add me if youre looking for friends

I got back on the bandwagon in March with a starting weight of 235. I have a mini goal to get below 200, then 150 is technically a healthy BMI for my height. GULP! Duno if that will be doable or healthy. I was about 165lb in highschool at my fittest playing sports. Trying to focus instead on small goals.

Im down 15lbs which feels major, but afternoon snack cravings are killing me. Trying to figure out how to satisfy but also to ensure its not emotional or stress eating.

Started strength training last week also, two workouts in. I want to be healthier and keep this off!
  • Diane_1812
    Diane_1812 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @carriestrine - I just found this group today, too, and would love an accountability buddy! Congrats on being down 15 pounds - that should feel major! It's awesome! I can totally relate to afternoon snack cravings. I am a teacher and a mom of two teenagers. I want to lose about 20 pounds, but know that I need to focus on small goals because I get caught up in eating due to stress and boredom and just bad habits. I have been going for a walk every morning during quarantine and I am starting (again!) strength training today. Let me know if you want to partner up!
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @droverto the strength training is surprisingly kicking my butt so much more than cardio right now. I did strength day number 2 yesterday and am *so* uncomfortable today. :#

Walking every morning sounds like a great way to start the day! Happy to connect, added you as a friend, keep in touch! Lets do this!