Less Alcohol - JUNE 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    sklaw31 wrote: »
    Is it bad to hide your ginger beer stash from your hubs? Asking for a friend :D

Nope!!
  • Womona
    Options
    I am Dawn. Turning 60 in September.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I started on this thread November 28.18 - at that time I was having drinks every day. That first AF day was very hard! I vowed to have 1AF day per week to start, then progressed to 2AF days per week etc.
    My goal now (that is working for me) is 16-20 AF days per month. I have been keeping within that since last October. I am comfortable and happy with that goal.
    I have never ever been able to exceed 3 drinks or I throw up. There is moderation for you : - P

I log in here every day with a running calendar/journal of the month at a glance. It helps me.

Monday June 01.20 - AF
    Tuesday June 02.20 - AF - Very long, very stupid day, my first back working for a company that I loathe. This is why i always designated Tuesdays as my drinks days in the past. However, I am coming toward the end of a 100 day weight challenge thread, and that is my motivation to stay "dry" for at least the next 5 days. In the previous round of it I lost 1.7 pounds in 100 days. Hoping to lose 2 pounds this time. (I know, painfully slow, but better than gaining, and it really does get more difficult to lose weight with aging.)

2AF day out of 2 days so far.

I once had a job that I loathed. I feel your pain! Good luck on your 100 day challenge!
  • Womona
    Options
    After 10 years of alcoholism. I'm 2 weeks sober. July 1st is my bday so fingers crossed I can pass a month sober AND not fall into bday temptation.

Congratulations!!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Doxmum wrote: »
    AF June 4/4 Take a Break 13/15. REALLY trying not to drink tonight - looks like I'm going to make it. Why? DH is Canadian and has dual citizenship now. Two step-daughters, 2 son-in-laws (SIL) and 4 grand kids are all Canadian. One family built a nice home here on Whitefish Lake in Montana. Bad windstorm last week resulted in some damage to said house. Nothing DH and I can fix. So SIL drives to border today.

US Border Patrol: "What are you doing here?"
    SIL: "I have a house in Whitefish and it was damaged in the storm last week. I'm going down to check on it. I'm coming back tomorrow."
    Border Patrol: "That doesn't sound like essential travel to me. I'm denying entry."
    SIL: "But it's my house. I pay US taxes on it."
    Border Patrol: "You Canadians are going to have to learn the hard way aren't you? Now go back to where you came from."

I have NEVER heard a border patrol agent talk like that. And we practically commuted to Alberta (until Covid). If there is any doubt about the cancer that is metastasizing throughout our country under the current administration, this proves it on a very personal level. The tone and attitude of an organization is set by the leader at the top.

May start day-drinking.

Wow really hope they were not Americans border patrol gaurds that were at the border being rude. That is horrible. I am missing my Canadian friends that would frequent of our town.

Big applaude for staying AF