Want to focus on a healthy lifestyle rather than just something temporary

Options
Hello everyone! My names jenny, I’m 21 and I’ve been on my weight loss journey for a little close to 2 years. I started at my heaviest at 318 and did the keto diet for a year and lost about 90-95 pounds. I felt great; however, it was extremely difficult to keep going on keto! My hair started falling out, i was weak all the time, and it was hard going out with friends to eat or get drinks especially as a college student! So i put carbs back into my life and gained weight so fast! I gained 30 pounds in a year from my lowest weight and everyday i dread looking at myself and seeing that I’m going back to my old body. I tried doing keto again but i know that it’s just a temporary fix, i want to find ways i can lose the weight and not have the fear of it coming back if i incorporate some foods back into my life. I don’t know where to start! I work out religiously, i love being active but i struggle so much when it comes to food. Please help! It’d mean sooo much <3

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about being in a calorie deficit. I don't follow any names diets. I'm just mindful of my calories, and the weight is coming off slow and steady. Have you tried counting calories and logging your food?
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I found Keto to not be sustainable for long periods. I do so much better counting calories than restricting carbs and eating fat bombs. I still try to do lower carb but not to the point of KETO. I do a 40f 35p 25c macro and seems to work well for me, plus I stay under the MFP calorie recommendation and bank those for a Sunday cheat meal.

FYI you don't need to workout to lose weight.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If you are ready to lose your weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion you are welcome to come to my MFP group for "Larger Losers". It is for people who have or originally had 75 or more pounds to lose. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

For weight loss basic nutrition matters and getting enough protein but beyond that it is eating a healthy number of calories most of the time. I have lost more than 200 pounds and I have not done it with heavy food restrictions. I eat a lot of nutrient dense food and I eat a moderate amount of treat food. I ate pizza yesterday. I had fast food earlier in the week. It doesn't matter as long as it fits in my calorie budget.
  • jennyagustin09
    jennyagustin09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Weight loss is all about being in a calorie deficit. I don't follow any names diets. I'm just mindful of my calories, and the weight is coming off slow and steady. Have you tried counting calories and logging your food?
    Hi Harper! Yes that’s what I’m doing now, I’ve been doing some extensive research and overall calorie deficit is the way to go! I also have to realize it’s not going to be as fast as keto it’s going to be a slow steady and healthy race. Thanks for the tips!
  • jennyagustin09
    Options
    I found Keto to not be sustainable for long periods. I do so much better counting calories than restricting carbs and eating fat bombs. I still try to do lower carb but not to the point of KETO. I do a 40f 35p 25c macro and seems to work well for me, plus I stay under the MFP calorie recommendation and bank those for a Sunday cheat meal.

FYI you don't need to workout to lose weight.

Yes keto is definitely not something that has been working for me in the long run but I’m starting to try counting my calories more than anything and lowering my carb intake because i went from keto to eating full bowls of pasta haha thank you for the tips!
  • jennyagustin09
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    If you are ready to lose your weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion you are welcome to come to my MFP group for "Larger Losers". It is for people who have or originally had 75 or more pounds to lose. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

For weight loss basic nutrition matters and getting enough protein but beyond that it is eating a healthy number of calories most of the time. I have lost more than 200 pounds and I have not done it with heavy food restrictions. I eat a lot of nutrient dense food and I eat a moderate amount of treat food. I ate pizza yesterday. I had fast food earlier in the week. It doesn't matter as long as it fits in my calorie budget.

Thank you so much, i look forward to joining the community!