For one day only, the calorie genie grants you an extra 1,000 calories. How are you spending it?

pancakerunner
pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
edited June 2020 in Food and Nutrition
Like PTO, you need to use it or you loose it. What are you spending the bonus calories on?

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I haven't had pizza in over a year, so I guess Pizza IT IS!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited June 2020
    americone-dream-detail.png

Technically it's 1,140, but I figure 140 calories is what I would spend on a normal snack.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Okay. That just took ways too long to figure out.

So, I'll switch out my usual oatmeal with Greek yogurt and fruits (totals between 450-500 kcal depending on the amount of fruits used) for breakfast for a stack of 5 of my pancakes, strawberries, maple syrup and whipped cream. That's +500 kcal (the 5 pancakes come out at around 750 kcal as per my recipe, that leaves me 250 kcal for the strawberries, maple syrup and whipped cream. Not quite as much of it as I'd really like, but enough to satisfy :wink: )

A 100g package of my favorite chips as an after dinner snack (I usually don't eat after dinner). that's another +500 kcal.

Those 1000 kcal end up not going all that far too be honest. It's scary how many kcals are in all the yummies I thought about and used to eat without a thought. :tongue:

Then again, I also had to consider fat overload to prevent GI-distress. But I think by splitting up the added fat to either end of the day, my intestines might just forgive me this once :tongue:

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I'd lose them. I'd be too overwhelmed. Can I pass them to someone else? I would love to do that :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    1000 calories worth of roasted smoked nuts.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Pancakes.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    A big dirty burger and fries.

Probably more than a thousand calories but I'm assuming it's 1000 extra
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    q2wzyckxe96q.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

sardelsa wrote: »
    I'd lose them. I'd be too overwhelmed. Can I pass them to someone else? I would love to do that :)

Gimme! I’ll have a couple of margaritas with the above!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I'd have an authentic Ethiopian dinner with lots of dishes to snack from. I doubt I would get anywhere near 1000 above maintenance, but it will likely bit a lot more rich in fat than I'm used to.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    ICE CREAM🍦
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    If I could find a good steak these days, I’d have a big steak, baked potato, and fried okra. If it didn’t add up to 1000 extra, that’s ok. I’d be in heaven, so I wouldn’t care what happened to the rest of them.
  • smilin_happily
    smilin_happily Posts: 5 Member
    That's tough! There are so many options! I'd probably pick biscuits and gravy.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Definitely icecream!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    u0ox3jqza0yl.jpg

🤤

I'd spend it on a big chunk of rich chocolate cake.
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Cereal and soy mil. Like a box of cereal.