What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Chicken breast over thighs anytime.

What kind of monster are you?

I can't remember the last time I used chicken breast for anything. Thighs have so much more flavor.

Time to learn to cook and enjoy the benefits ;)
    I knew this was going to be a very "popular" opinion hehe. Yet ppl buy more breast than any other type of chicken, but when asked..... 90% will say thighs are sooooo much better.

I know how to cook, thanks. That's the standard response from people that love their chicken breasts...."You just don't know how to cook." Nah, I just prefer the rich flavor of dark meat poultry...chicken, turkey, duck.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Chicken breast over thighs anytime.

What kind of monster are you?

I can't remember the last time I used chicken breast for anything. Thighs have so much more flavor.

Time to learn to cook and enjoy the benefits ;)
    I knew this was going to be a very "popular" opinion hehe. Yet ppl buy more breast than any other type of chicken, but when asked..... 90% will say thighs are sooooo much better.

I know how to cook, thanks. That's the standard response from people that love their chicken breasts...."You just don't know how to cook." Nah, I just prefer the rich flavor of dark meat poultry...chicken, turkey, duck.

I am with you. The thighs = tender. love
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Growing up, I didn't like milk, chocolate milk, the cookie part of Oreos(too bitter), pbj sandwiches, or coleslaw. 🤷
  • shelleyhunter2
    shelleyhunter2 Posts: 2 Member
    Black olives smell like BO and taste worse.
  • pikovacheva
    pikovacheva Posts: 20 Member
    Black olives smell like BO and taste worse.

All olives are gross :D
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    I prefer chicken breasts over any other chicken part but I prefer white meat. White meat can be pretty dry with turkey unless cooked right though. I just bought chicken thighs for the first time for a recipe. I can handle dark meat but the skin has to go, gross. As a kid I'd wad up skin or fatty meat in my cheek and go to the bathroom and spit it in the toilet. LOL, if I had kids I'd clobber them for that!
  • SuzySunshine99
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I prefer chicken breasts over any other chicken part but I prefer white meat. White meat can be pretty dry with turkey unless cooked right though. I just bought chicken thighs for the first time for a recipe. I can handle dark meat but the skin has to go, gross. As a kid I'd wad up skin or fatty meat in my cheek and go to the bathroom and spit it in the toilet. LOL, if I had kids I'd clobber them for that!

Flabby skin is disgusting. But when you treat it right and it becomes crispy, heaven. Trick with skin is to salt it and let it air dry. They just cook skin side down first, and dont submerge the skin into liquid after that.

OR

Peel the skin off, salt it, put between two baking sheets and roast OR air fry. Same result.

I'll add that the best crispy skin results I have achieved comes from, as you said, air-drying it, then skin side down in a COLD cast iron pan, then put the pan on heat, and don't touch it until you feel the skin starting to release from the pan.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member

Flabby skin is disgusting. But when you treat it right and it becomes crispy, heaven. Trick with skin is to salt it and let it air dry. They just cook skin side down first, and dont submerge the skin into liquid after that.

OR

Peel the skin off, salt it, put between two baking sheets and roast OR air fry. Same result.

I forgot which thread I was on for a second reading the first line and was like ‘uh.....moderator?’
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    alexmose wrote: »

OR

I forgot which thread I was on for a second reading the first line and was like ‘uh.....moderator?’

I did the same thing! :laugh:
  • SuzySunshine99
    Back to unpopular opinions...

I can't eat anything with chocolate sprinkles...they look like mouse droppings.
  • quiksylver296

Or any sprinkles! Yucky little pieces of wax.
  • SuzySunshine99

I actually like the texture they give to ice cream, cakes, and doughnuts. But, they gotta be a color other than brown.
  • quiksylver296

I actually like the texture they give to ice cream, cakes, and doughnuts. But, they gotta be a color other than brown.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Blechy!

:laugh:
  • pancakerunner

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Blechy!

:laugh:

I'm indifferent on sprinkles!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Speaking of colors, green m&ms taste the best. The blue suck and get thrown out.
  • pancakerunner
    glassyo wrote: »
    Speaking of colors, green m&ms taste the best. The blue suck and get thrown out.

speaking of m&m's... the mini tubes are the best way to eat them
    0wa19cu8jexy.png

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member

0wa19cu8jexy.png

Oh, this made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jecgTn5Ha5I
  • quiksylver296

0wa19cu8jexy.png

If they’re plain, yes. But the best M&M’s are peanut butter.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member

0wa19cu8jexy.png

Reeses pieces > peanut butter m&ms

There. I said it. I CAN'T BELIEVE I said it but I did.
  • pancakerunner

0wa19cu8jexy.png

What they need to make is peanut butter MINI m&m's!