Loose Skin Tips and Experience?

Options
Hi there! I have 43 lbs left to lose and was wondering if I should be ready for loose skin? I realize every body differs, but I’d like aBy knowledge or wisdom others might have. What can I do to avoid it? There’s nothing wrong with it, but I think I’d be more comfortable without it. What has your experience been with it? Pictures always welcome!

SW:195
CW:183.2
GW:140

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    A number of factors affect your likelihood of having loose skin: how overweight you are, how long you’ve been overweight, age, genetics, etc.

It also takes time (like 2+ years) after you reach your maintenance weight for skin to do whatever tightening up it may do.

My experience is that being morbidly obese such that I couldn’t live a good life, couldn’t fit into the world, could barely move without needing to rest, etc is so infinitely worse than any possible effect of my loose skin. YMMV.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Only tips Doctor gave me is hot baths y showers,lotion, scrub off dead skin,wear a bra,hydrate,loose the weight at a good pace slowly instead of super fast. Don’t think there is any fool proof bullet it’s just like pregnancy skin can be perfect after to saggy dimply some of that can improve with time rest of us it stays forever. If it’s too extreme can seek medical help. You may be the lucky few to never have the issue hard to know until you reached your goal weight.

Here’s hoping 🤞 you don’t have the issue at all
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    jamloche wrote: »

I have nothing at all new to add to this conversation. I just wanted to say that this is the single greatest thing I've ever (ever!) read on the subject of loose skin after weight loss. I wish there was a "Give This Person a Dollar" button ... because I'd like to give this person a dollar.

Agree. I've never seen it put better.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    OP I lost a similar amount to you when I was I my thirties. I didnt notice any lose skin though I do have stretch marks but they have faded and don’t bother me at all. It really varies.