Sexy in Six **Closed Group!** Week 3 Chit-Chat

Options

Replies

• j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Monday’s QoTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

I have definitely been enjoying the snack sized cheese from black diamond. I eat one with my lunch meals as often as I can to get in my calcium.

I also have a stack of 90 calorie kellogg granola bars to snack on in case i get really hungry
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    onday’s QoTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

Wegmans rice cakes: They are unlike any other rice cakes! I have some almost every day and I <3 them!
    Dannon fat free Greek yogurt: Fast lunch at work and high in protein
    Eggs- I fry one with non stick spray a couple of times a week for breakfast or lunch and have it on a slice of bread. It keeps me full!
    Snackwells white fudge popcorn- because if I don't have a "treat" I feel deprived!
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Monday’s QoTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them.

As with many others, I've added eggs. Never have I bought so many packages of eggs! I live them hardboiled or have egg whites for breakfast (scrambled, omelet or a breakfast sandwich). Even my daughters are hooked on hard boiled eggs right now!

I've added alot more vegetables (fresh), too. Used to be just carrots, but now I have celery, broccoli, peppers (green and red), green beans, squash.

Fage Nonfat greek yogurt - never would I have eaten this stuff before! Now, it's a great snack w/ some fruit and splenda or honey in it! Nice sweet snack for me.

Protein powder - I usually have a chocolate protein shake every day. I like the consistency of it, helps w/ my sweet tooth and is filling.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Great work to all the team's!! Thanks everyone for helping me to push harder as well!!!
    =)
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Monday’s QoTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

Eggs- I have ate eggs off and on but since mfp eggs have been more scene in my diary.
    Whole Grains- If I do buy pasta or spaghetti I make sure that its whole grain, brown rice is great too.
    Peanut butter- Love to have peanut butter before exercising, helps take away the hunger without filling me to full. =)
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Nutella - I usually have a little everyday for a chcolate fix
    Hardboiled eggs - eat 1-2 every morning, or sometimes as a pre workout snack
    Chicken Rings - they are lightly breaded and while they aren't the best I usually have them for dinner. If you want to see the nutrition facts you can look at my diary. They really aren't THAT bad.
    Disney Princess Vitamn gummies - If I'm having a sweet craving I just opt to take my vitamins then and that will satisfy it.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Healthy Life 35 calorie bread! Whole grain pasta!!!
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    eggs - never eaten so many
    spinach - defrosts quickly from frozen - add to eggs (with egg whites) and scramble - yummy!
    crackers - high baked water biscuits for when I get an attack of the munchies (like the popcorn idea though)

quinoa - very versatile
    tomatoes

Just attempted the 50 crunches - feel like I have given birth all over again - thanks Peanut! (But I did them - yay!!!!)

I am not letting team purple down just because I had never done (ever, in my whole life) 50 crunches
    GO TEAM PURPLE!!!!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD: Staples

Blueberries- on cerwal, with Ricotta or cottage cheese, by themselves
    Pistachios - one of my preferred snacks
    Ricotta cheese - love for breakfast with some jam or honey and fruit, usually blueberries!
    Depster's 100 Cal whole grain bagels - toasted with peanut butter, gives me both my crunch and smooth fix all at once
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD
    Unsweetened Almond Milk - saves calories for breakfast vs regular milk
    Eggs - an impromptu scramble is a life saver when you haven't planned anything
    Tomatoes - can eat them all the time!!!
    Lean Pockets - so no matter how lazy or pessimistic I get I STILL don't have any excuses
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Blue Bunny fudge pops-35 calories a piece! They're awesome for a sweet treat!

Kiwi fruit-they're delicious! Possibly my favorite fruit.

Silly as this sounds, coffee grounds and tea bags. Before MFP, I could drink a 2-liter of soda or more in a day. Now, I brew my own coffee and tea and sweeten them with Splenda.

Marie's Blue Cheese yogurt dressing. I *love* blue cheese. Like, seriously. I love it. This yogurt dressing tastes great and doesn't pack nearly the punch of most blue cheese dressings.
  • nikip6454
    Options

Eggs-hardboiled, scrambled (the microwave works great for a quick scrambled egg)
    Greek Yogurt-Love it with any fruit
    Cucumbers-I fell in love with cucumbers again! Raw with salt and pepper or a little salad dressing
    Frozen Veggies-I throw them into just about everything I make or I just warm them up and eat them alone

I guess nothing I listed is actually a pantry staple! My pantry is rather empty these days, I am trying to eat mostly fresh foods (trying is the key word in there!)!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Almond Milk -I absolutely loooovveee it!

Feta Cheese

tortilla wraps-whole wheat -instead of bread

Spinach

eggs

dried cranberries

black beans
  • Honey1990
    Options
    Luna bars and alot more frozen foods!!! haha im not a big cook but i do have a luna bar almost every day for breakfast!
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    Monday’s QOTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

Mine has to be any of the 100 calorie packs of just about anything! It is probably a mind over matter thing but I know when I am done with the bag that is the exact portion that I need and it allows me to not overeat.

I Hate eggs...surprised that is what almost everyone has put up. GO Pink team!!!
  • almille
    Options
    Oatmeal with cranberries or Bob's Red Mill 10 grain cereal for breakfast and a roast beef-hummus-lettuce wrap for lunch, every day I work. Keeps the planning under control, I only have to think about dinner.

I'm with everyone else on the eggs, I love them hardboiled for a snack at work.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was actually already a big egg eater, but I still love my eggs!

The new additions for me have been almonds/pistachios and coconut milk. Nuts are great quick, filling snacks and I just LOVE what adding some coconut milk does to the taste of my my morning protein shakes!

PS: Yeah pink team!!!
  • almille
    Options
    I'll have to try the almond milk, I've been horrified by how high-cal milk is! Where can you buy it and how much is it?
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try the almond milk, I've been horrified by how high-cal milk is! Where can you buy it and how much is it?

Any grocery - if you get Unsweetened you save more calories and its better- the sweetened is VERY sweet.
  • megamoo04
    Options
    Monday’s QOTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

WAY TO GO EVERYONE AND YAY PINK TEAM WE MOVED UP!!

oatmeal and turkery burgers!