I want to be 130lbs by my 21st birthday...is this realistic? Pics

2»

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    I do too, but since that was 22 years ago, I doubt I'll make it.
    For you,5 lbs a month isn't impossible, at first, but as you get closer to your goal, your body naturally slows down how fast you lose, so you would likely not be losing as fast as you get closer to your goal. At least not while staying healthy.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Good update - I'm sure a lot of people will be able to relate to your experience. It's fantastic that you've now got a good balanced relationship with food and body image and are getting to grips with the mental health aspect.

Slowly chipping away, with a small deficit is far easier, and more sustainable. And to see that you're 23lb lighter than you were six months ago is a huge achievement.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    thank you for posting this update! There are many who pop onto the forums and then just disappear, and sometimes you wonder if they met success (or in the cases of others, if they ever came to the light). Its very good to hear about the successes you've had, especially in changing your relationship with food and in improving your self view. I wish you more success to come!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Great update! <3
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    edited June 2020
    You're doing it!

I'm older and I love to see young girls reach their ideal weight while they're still young enough to get maximum benefit from the effort. Your skin is tight enough to spring back into place and all the latest fashions will look fabulous on you.

You're only young once! Your face will never be this beautiful again, you'll never have as many parties and weddings to go to, you'll probably never be in a position to meet as many young men as you are now.

Take these wonderful years and be at your very best for them!
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    So much good advice in this thread. I echo it all.
    Small changes, track your intake, monitor your macros, monitor your weight and measurements, small goals along the way.
    A hard deadline is difficult — This is a lifestyle to a healthier you, there is no end date to that.
    You’ve made a fantastic first step by logging into MFP.