Herbalife

Juvina46
Juvina46 Posts: 1 Member
Hello, new to community shat. Started my Herbalife journey today with my daughter. Tips and suggestions will be gladly appreciated

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    You'll find that Herbalife is not well accepted on MFP. It is considered too expensive for what it is and some even make the mistake of trying to sell on here. If you have the money to spend, hope it works for you.
  • Ridelikethewind1
    Ridelikethewind1 Posts: 46 Member
    I use Herbalife and it works well for me, I was spending a small fortune on snacks so I’m ok with the price, unsure on why everyone is so negative
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I use Herbalife and it works well for me, I was spending a small fortune on snacks so I’m ok with the price, unsure on why everyone is so negative

This is a website designed for people to measure and log food. So it should goes without saying, that most people here measure and log food.

Herbalife and other meal replacements help you skip all the "hassle." It's designed to be a short-cut. I guess that makes most of us look pretty foolish. But hey, go you!
  • Ridelikethewind1
    Ridelikethewind1 Posts: 46 Member
    I’m still not sure why meal replacements would make you look foolish, if you want a strange read look on here at the Weight gain and body building, there open chat about steroids, testosterone shots and buying and drinking breast milk
  • JackieFernandez87
    JackieFernandez87 Posts: 14 Member
    Herbalife gave me severe headaches every time I drank it. I liked the taste, but have also read many other people have had very severe liver damage from it. I'd be careful, however, when I did drink it years ago I lost weight quickly but was very hungry during the brief time I was on it.
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    @Juvina, Welcome to MFP good for you for starting your health and weight loss journey. I think that at MFP the focus (in my own experience) is on health and learning healthy ways to eat food that fuels your body and also tastes good and leads to a healthier life. I don't know anything about the body building portion. I too am just here for weight loss and living a longer and healthier life. I think many believe that learning new ways to track food, eat healthy portions and finding satisfaction and balance with the food you eat is important for long term, sustainable success. People here say nothing is off limits. For example, if you want ice cream eat some, just track it and seek to stay within your calorie allowance. Of course, exercise helps your overall health and fitness and gives more of an allowance of calories. (Try not to eat the allowance and you will lose weight a little easier). When I tried Herbalife years ago, I found I did miss food and meals. I discontinued using it and I learned to find recipes that used lower calorie real foods, (for example more veggies and fruit and reduced sugar, sodium, leaner meat, chicken and fish). I am learning that I can use spices and herbs and create very satisfying meals that are healthy and good for me (and my family). I apologize for this long post. I sense you are eager to lose weight and learn. I am just giving you my own perspective, for what it is worth. I don't want to tell you what you can and can't do. I also want you to know that this sight has many recipes and helpful members that give really yummy ideas and helpful advice. I would like to wish you well on your journey.