Is my body just saying, that's it, no more?

Options
2»

Replies

• Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Some great advice already, so won't repeat. But I just wanted to add.

You stated:
    I admit I am not the most precise calorie counter, I guesstimate here and there if its not something I can just scan. [/quote]

Along with more precise weighing & logging, to track more accurately. Make sure that when you scan items, directly into mfp, the calories/nutrition info that gets logged, matches what is on the packet.

As these data base entries are still user listed and may have/often have been entered wrong.

I know someone who had been tracking that way. Mainly eating food that could be scanned, as a convenience & accuracy.

But hadn't realised data was wrong and was therefore eating more calories than realised. (Affecting her loss).

A scanned ready meal Tesco lasagne, may be 610 cals. By scanning barcode, Tesco lasagne 400g came up & was logged. But data, not checked. It was only logging as 400 calories.

210 calories underlogged for 1 meal, without realising. The smaller the deficit, the more it affects end results.

Also (if you want/need) greater accuracy, you still need to weigh items that can be scanned. As a 400g premade lasagne won't necessarily weigh that. With higher calorie foods per weight, the more inaccurate logging.

• OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    If you're at the same weight for a year, you're eating at maintenance.

You can either decrease your daily calories by 250 a day to resume losing 0.5 lb a week or you can see if tightening up logging helps and gets you there as others suggest. Personally I think its easier to eat as you have been and eat 250 calories less a day, whether its a "true" amount or not. But that's me and finding being "perfect" for food intake takes too much effort so I just accept that my approximate calories are good enough as long as I get the results I want.

I'm doing both. I'm logging more accurately, way more accurately and eating less. Today at work I really burned a ton of calories. I was all over the place, 12,000 steps and the whole deal. I'm glad I have a physical job. Well, most of the time I'm glad I have a physical job. 🤣