Replies

• miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hellraiser 1, 2 and 3
    Evil Dead 1, 2 and Army of Darkness
    amityville Horror (original)
    Braindead

as you an see Im a pretty retro horror fan!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The previous mention of the Mist is a good one...by stephen king!! Also, Orphan...I liked that one too!! I'm loving this thread because I usually try to stock up on some awesome scary/horror movies for October!!! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I love watching them all year round...but the month of October is MY fav. I love Halloween!!
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Village of the Damned - the original in black and white (if you can find it)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Rubber.

Isn't that the movie with the killing tyre? :D

pahahaha. yes!!!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Definitely SHAUN OF THE DEAD! I hate horror movies, but LOVED that one ... too funny!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hear Human Centipede is pretty disturbing... Not sure if you're looking for that though. :noway:

TOO disturbing ... I caught only clips, walking through the room while others were watching it and I couldn't stand it!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid the "clasics" as I'm sure they've already been suggested

Hitcher (the original) - scariest movie ever!
    Cabin Fever - cheesy B movie, but good
    Final Destination
    The Birds

Here's a great list: http://www.imdb.com/chart/horror
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    We live for horror movies so some of these might be weirder than the average person would enjoy!

LOL, I can assure you that I am most definitely not the average person. I like weird!
  • anywhoodle
    anywhoodle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looks like most of my recommendations have been covered but I love these too!

Silent Hill
    REC (Spanish with Subtitles)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Suspiria (Italian - straight up spaghetti sauce blood - LOOOOVE it)
    Candyman (freaked me out, watched the whole thing through a blanket)
    My Bloody Valentine (The original)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Below
    The call of Cthulhu
    Dagon
    The Evil Dead
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If you like a good ghost story, then I'd recommend "The Changeling" (1980) with George C. Scott. eeek.gif
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Human Centipede, but I saw it mentioned. My all time horror favorite with a creepy twist is Sleepaway Camp - there are 4 parts and a Return to Sleepaway Camp. I used to have the box set and the Return - LOVE it!!!
  • MartiTennisMom
    Options
    The Forgotten, with Juileanna Moore was kind of cool.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Definitely SHAUN OF THE DEAD! I hate horror movies, but LOVED that one ... too funny!

YES!! Along the same lines (although not quite as good) - "Undead or Alive" and "Zombieland" as well as...
    Resident Evil series
    Legion
    The Crazies

And for something completely non zombie related, I think one of the scaries movies I've seen beside The Blair Witch Project (yes, I admit it, it scared the crap outta me), is The Strangers starring Liv Tyler. Just looking it up and seeing the posters freaked me out!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    May is one of my absolute favorites so definitely check that out :D
    The Shrine
    Absentia
    Forget Me Not
    Trick R Treat
    Eden Lake
    any of the Masters of Horror tv series
    Creep
    Otis
    Ginger Snaps
    Tale of Two Sisters
    Deadly Friend
    The Reef
    Black Water
    Isolation
    The Signal
    Babysitter Wanted
    Devil Doll (1964)
    Black Out
    Hatchet 1-2
    Feast 1-3
    Yeti Curse of the Snow Demon
    Amusement
    AAAH! Zombies!!
    Laid to Rest
    Cold Storage

I watch alot of horror so hopefully you haven't seen all these and some will peak your interests :)
  • deadliftdavie1918
    Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    Army of Darkness
    Evil Dead
    Woke up Dead
    Fido
    Call of Cthulu
    Dusk til Dawn
    The people under the stairs
    The last house on the left
    HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES by Rob Zombie

I know a lot of these are repeats but it's just because they are SO good
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Human Centipede, but I saw it mentioned. My all time horror favorite with a creepy twist is Sleepaway Camp - there are 4 parts and a Return to Sleepaway Camp. I used to have the box set and the Return - LOVE it!!!

yes, sleepaway camp is an all time fav...one of the first horrors I ever saw and got me hooked on them!! Crazy old flick, but good!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

yes, sleepaway camp is an all time fav...one of the first horrors I ever saw and got me hooked on them!! Crazy old flick, but good!

I honestly think for me, its because the ending of the 1st one is SO out of left field and freatastically awesome! I love making other people watch it, then watching their faces when they see the end and they are like wtf?!? LOVE it.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

I honestly think for me, its because the ending of the 1st one is SO out of left field and freatastically awesome! I love making other people watch it, then watching their faces when they see the end and they are like wtf?!? LOVE it.

You guys have definitely convinced me that I need to watch this one.