Over-training??

2»

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    I bolded it when I quoted you. And you didn't answer my question. Do you have, or had in the past, an ED?

Sorry. Yes i was "B" when i was 14 if you can call it that. It didn't even last a month because i couldn't handle doing it. And my dr caught on right away. i didn't lose any weight at all. At times i still feel like i have "food issues" because i tend to over eat if we got out to eat or to a party. I like good food and at times its hard to say no- especially to desserts. Luckily I don't have any urges to purge. I lost the majority of my weight years ago from eating just 3 small meals and working out a lot. I lost 20 pounds and never gained it back. This was in 1994. Ive lost 5 pounds here, 10 pounds there for weddings i was a part of and my own wedding. i lost a total of 40. There are times when Im afraid that im leaning towards "A" because im afraid to eat more food, but then i can totally turn around and pig-out at the next BBQ. Overall im happy where im at. i probably don't need to lose anymore weight. Its just tightening up my trouble spots that i feel will never go away. Im still flabby in my lower stomach and thighs. I don't know if this is just loose skin that won't firm up without surgery? Ive been busting my butt working out 6 days a week for the last 3 months (being stuck at home) because i finally had the time to focus on me and make a better me I don't see much of a difference, but my arms are getting defined and my legs are finally starting to tighten. I just want to feel happy and comfortable in my own skin.

Thank you for listening :-)

[/quote]
    Again, I suggest a focus on maintaining your weight and possibly talking to a therapist.

Alas one doesn’t get a toned body in a few weeks or by doing the cardio type exercises you refer to. . They’re good for you but won’t give you much muscle development which is what you need to tone/ tighten.

If you want to tone up you need to lift weights on a proven programme. Check out some of the threads on the gaining weight and bodybuilding forum. But I think talking to someone about you difficulties with food is the priority
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member

Again, I suggest a focus on maintaining your weight and possibly talking to a therapist.

Alas one doesn’t get a toned body in a few weeks or by doing the cardio type exercises you refer to. . They’re good for you but won’t give you much muscle development which is what you need to tone/ tighten.

If you want to tone up you need to lift weights on a proven programme. Check out some of the threads on the gaining weight and bodybuilding forum. But I think talking to someone about you difficulties with food is the priority

Thank you. I know i won't get toned in just a few weeks- ive been at this since march. I do cardio MWF and lift weights and work my legs T TH SA. After months im finally seeing some change in my arms and legs- i just have to keep at it. I will check out some of the other treads on the weight lifting forum. im always looking for new things to try.
    Thank you.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    If you are feeling chronically tired, sore, or otherwise worn down, you have sleep disturbances or it's hard to wake up, or your normal hunger cues stopped working... anything that deviates from your physical norm, then maybe you need a little break with such exercise as a mile of moderate paced walking in place of the usual routines. Like a week or so. If you feel just fine and your macros are okay, then IDK that there's cause for concern.

Loose skin takes a long time to tighten up and how much it can do so depends on how much weight you lost. After I lost merely 40 lb the doctor told me that realistically it could be up to 2 years. It can make you feel flabby even if your muscles are great because the floppy skin obscures your muscle definition.