What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears is now 38 yrs old.

I'll be 38 next month. Is there something special about 38? Is she being 38 a bad thing? Now I feel old 😕
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

I'll be 38 next month. Is there something special about 38? Is she being 38 a bad thing? Now I feel old 😕

Nope not a bad thing. Just that I remember her being on Disney and my kiddo idolizing her. To know she is 38 and not a kid any more... makes me feel old.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

Also, I love you!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Hey, I'm 35 and she was in her "heyday" as a pop idol when I was a teenager, so... if you're old, so am I.

Odd how fast time seems to pass.
  • mojo290177
    mojo290177 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Football man United first game in ages
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking about a giant
    Greek Salad.....

o4413l8i4c65.jpeg
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised that Walmart played a mixture of music today... Spanish, Brazilian, middle eastern... so unexpected but pretty cool.

Wahoooo🇧🇷🇭🇷🇬🇩🇲🇽🇧🇶🇵🇹🇵🇷🇪🇸🇱🇨
    🤘🤘🤘🤘
    Mix that —- up.

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Two small shortbread cookies have 130 calories. How where why

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Butter!
  • JessWill2020220
    JessWill2020220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Carbs?
  • angelacmTX
    angelacmTX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Disappointed that it's summer, nothing is open, we only have one car and my 8 year old and I are pretty much relegated to inside because there is nothing to do and no way to get to anything that is actually open.

Nothing to do? Where’s your sense of humor? Water balloons, sprinklers, biking, reading book club assignments. Helping your 8 year old with assembling a model rocket.....roller skating, kite flying, painting, cooking. There’s so much fun to be had inside or out. 🚲🛴🎸🧩🎲🎨🏅🛹🪁
  • angelacmTX
    angelacmTX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was feeling a little lonesome. Thanks for all the “what’s on your mind” posts. They helped .🤙🏼
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    angelacmTX wrote: »
    Disappointed that it's summer, nothing is open, we only have one car and my 8 year old and I are pretty much relegated to inside because there is nothing to do and no way to get to anything that is actually open.

Nothing to do? Where’s your sense of humor? Water balloons, sprinklers, biking, reading book club assignments. Helping your 8 year old with assembling a model rocket.....roller skating, kite flying, painting, cooking. There’s so much fun to be had inside or out. 🚲🛴🎸🧩🎲🎨🏅🛹🪁

No water balloons or sprinklers. Yard is full of fire ants and needs to be weeded before I can put out a pool.

My kid already reads enough, I don't feel like making him do "assignments" over summer break. Too hot/humid here for roller skating or kite flying.

He already helps me cook/bake, but with it being so hot, we've been opting to eat a lot of cold stuff so the oven isn't on as much. The humidity is killer here, not joking about that.

Painting... eh.. I can't get him interested in anything artistic. We do science experiments. It just really sucks that the pools are closed, all the things for kids are closed (no museums, pools, water parks, or libraries). And the ones that are open require a car to get to. Not doable when we only have one vehicle.

Tomorrow, we're going to do a swamp tour, even though it's painfully humid here. I hope it's interesting! We desperately needed to go do something fun since we can't leave on vacation for summer (husband's job) and can't really go anywhere outside of 100 miles (again, husband's job).

Might go pick sunflowers or blueberries another weekend. Might finally be able to get my husband's help with using the weedeater (it fails on me repeatedly any time I touch it). Lawn is mowed, ants are exposed (and angry). Yet weeds remain. Small steps.
  • JessWill2020220
    Options

No water balloons or sprinklers. Yard is full of fire ants and needs to be weeded before I can put out a pool.

My kid already reads enough, I don't feel like making him do "assignments" over summer break. Too hot/humid here for roller skating or kite flying.

He already helps me cook/bake, but with it being so hot, we've been opting to eat a lot of cold stuff so the oven isn't on as much. The humidity is killer here, not joking about that.

Painting... eh.. I can't get him interested in anything artistic. We do science experiments. It just really sucks that the pools are closed, all the things for kids are closed (no museums, pools, water parks, or libraries). And the ones that are open require a car to get to. Not doable when we only have one vehicle.

Tomorrow, we're going to do a swamp tour, even though it's painfully humid here. I hope it's interesting! We desperately needed to go do something fun since we can't leave on vacation for summer (husband's job) and can't really go anywhere outside of 100 miles (again, husband's job).

Might go pick sunflowers or blueberries another weekend. Might finally be able to get my husband's help with using the weedeater (it fails on me repeatedly any time I touch it). Lawn is mowed, ants are exposed (and angry). Yet weeds remain. Small steps.

Get some weed and ant killer?
    I have been doing YouTube dance parties inside with my kids and have tried doing YouTube family workouts. My kids are really young so the workouts don't really... workout.. it's the quality time together.
    We also go on the local library Facebook and do activities, one week they planted "hair" in a cup (grass) we drew a face on the cup and give the grass haircuts.
    We planted some plants that we go out and water everyday and we play outside in the water most days. I'm in Texas and it gets miserable here so we just have to make our own fun.
    I feel like I'm about to go crazy as though.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options

Your belly button is just your old mouth.

ppyr8wctgjuh.png
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Get some weed and ant killer?
    I have been doing YouTube dance parties inside with my kids and have tried doing YouTube family workouts. My kids are really young so the workouts don't really... workout.. it's the quality time together.
    We also go on the local library Facebook and do activities, one week they planted "hair" in a cup (grass) we drew a face on the cup and give the grass haircuts.
    We planted some plants that we go out and water everyday and we play outside in the water most days. I'm in Texas and it gets miserable here so we just have to make our own fun.
    I feel like I'm about to go crazy as though.

Mississippi here. It's hot, humid and no breeze.

I've been letting him teach me how to play games. We subscribed to a couple of box subscriptions. One is a international foods crate we get once a month and the other is cute crap from Japan. I find books from a swap site I've been a member of for YEARS for him to read, which he really seems to like. When all of us are together, we usually try to play board games. We've sadly done all the puzzles I had (he was helping me with them) and all my craft projects that he can help with.

I should pull out DDR and teach him that. See if I can hook up an old PS2 to the fancy TV and teach him "dance moves". Video game + exercise = win.

I think I've honestly reached burnout. School has been out since March and we've all been stuck together with nothing to do now that we've done most of what we could. None of his school friends live nearby and it's so hot that even "best next door neighbor friend" and her little brother are never outside to chat to. He lives for his daily interaction with her. :lol:

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I don't ever remember this place being this quiet...
  • JessWill2020220
    Options

I've never been here. 🤷‍♀️. I'm kinda boring.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Well, it's about time you showed up to liven it up then :D
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

iwshxp8z0fh3.jpeg