13»

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Self-isolation bump

What are you doing or NOT doing these days?
    Anybody trying anything new?
    Anybody going through your stash and reorganizing or tossing?
    Anybody "experimenting?"

* Quarantine Stay in place = Zero make up.
    * I give myself mani-pedis which is sufficient in wop wopville, not the City.
    * Natural leave in protein/oiling treatments every other day
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    No makeup, no hair products.
    I’m still showering...for now....
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    SKINCARE: micellar water, homemade brown sugar scrubs, rosewater facial spray, organic toner, *rosehip oil, a *retinol cream, *hyaluronic cream, sunscreens

HAIRCARE: This list is long. Suffice it to say three kinds of shampoos including a charcoal shampoo, four conditioners, two hair masks, aloe vera gel, a *conditioning detangling spray and some stuff I'm forgetting

MAKEUP: Also a long list since I've just gotten into makeup and have bought, like, everything including - Lord, why? - pink creme blush. My station has three glass jars: complexion products, eye products, and then the last one with blushes and (mostly nude) *lippies/glosses.

The * indicates my daily go-tos
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Part II from @SaraKim17

What are you doing or NOT doing these days?
    - I don't do makeup beyond lips but once a week

Anybody trying anything new?
    - Trying new makeup routines (thank you Jackie Aina and Robert Walsh for making all of this make at least SOME sense)

Anybody going through your stash and reorganizing or tossing?
    - My skincare and haircare stuff is not changing. The makeup has plenty of mistakes: white eyeliner and pink creme blush come to mind. Sigh.

Anybody "experimenting?"
    - I'm open to trying new makeup stuff...within reason. May as well practice now when so few people will see.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Just a bar of Lava soap and a brillo pad.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I haven’t worn mascara or liner in over a month. I have only blow dried my hair two times. I have been quite lazy because I’m wearing a mask anyway.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Skincare - No makeup; cleanser, face polish, masks, serum, moisturizer plus Jojoba oil.

Haircare - Co-wash, leave-in conditioner, Castor Oil, Moisturizer.

Other - Vaseline Cocoa Butter
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    So my experimenting hasn't happened. :/

Has anyone tried any Honest cosmetics? If so, what do you think? If anyone has any product reviews, let's share them!

This isn't exactly beauty, but I'm loving Arm & Hammer Essentials Liquid Hand Soap. I'm using the orange citrus, which I'll definitely re-buy, and I want to try the other scent I saw (lavender vanilla? something with lavender).

How do you like to make up your eyes?

Hoping to get this thread active again! 💄

P.S. @MaltedTea, I checked out Robert Welsh and his brother James on YouTube. Looking forward to watching more. (I like the product reviews.)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I’ve always had smooth clear skin, so I never felt the need to overdue it with the products. As a kid and a teenager, I used Olay moisturizer for my face.

Now in my 20’s.
    For my face, I use grape seed oil. It’s a very light oil so it won’t make you look greasy, or clog your pores. And sunblock.

My hair... a spray bottle filled with grape-seed oil and water. Spray my ends.

Body- again I add grape seed oil in my body lotion, gives my skin an extra glow plus added benefits. And sunblock.

Lips- body shop lip balm with SPF.

Makeup remover.. IT cosmetics BYE BYE makeup balm.

Recently bought ANTI aging powder serum by ORGINS.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    My skin dries out easy. So for body wash I use Olay shea.

I use Nivea scrub before shaving my face.
    I put on Olay Regenerist before bed and Olay daily cream for day time.
    For my body I like Jergens Shea Butter (really thick)

And for hair, plain old Head & Shoulders to keep dandruff down.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I am really liking the Jergens body butters (so much so that I have citrus in the kitchen, rose in the bathroom, and lavender in the bedroom).

• nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Smashbox Cali Contour is my new favorite everything! I use it for my eyes, bronzer, blush, highlighter and I love it! I am a lipgloss addict-the one thing I truly indulge in and have lots of--my two faves are Victoria Secret lipgloss in Candy Baby and Fenty Gloss Bomb in Sweetmouth, but Ulta Jelly Gloss Lip Gels are nice, too!

I have had a weird dry skin, peeling, flaking, ingrown hair situation on my chin since having to wear a mask for COVID, so almost three years now! I haven't worn a mask consistently in over a year but my chin still is funky. I have been to the dermatologist numerous times and nothing has helped. I am 44 so maybe it's just hormonal! The rest of my face is pretty clear and I use Cerave to cleanse and moisturize.