Sixers Spring Clean Challenge- Week 3

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    redsox....staying the same is sooooo much better than the gain.....take that puppy....:smile:
    lauryn....how about a mani and pedi, or go to one of the spa places where you can get a massage for $40. can't remember the name now. shanell do you remember?
    drtamm...check you stats. i think there is a booboo. if you lost great job.
    pedal...super, movin' in the right direction.......
    cass....yea, i have been having that trouble too. talking to doc about it next week.
    ajasiak....yes, what are you eating? it does make up for most of the reasons why we lose and don't lose.

well, had a super workout, burned over 1000 calories. been listening to jillians podcasts while working out and she said she likes to keep people at 85% of the HR for 30 mins, at least 3 days a week. i have to work up to that amount, but, today i was between 80-85, i saw what a difference it made in the calories burned. she was also saying that if you had to choose between BMI and the scale. go with your BMI. that is what tells you if you are healthy. just because the scale is saying you still have 5-10-15 pounds to lose doesn't mean it will make you anymore healthy. a thin size 4 person can still be unhealthy. so that is what i think i will strive for. it made sense to me. and she said that cleaner eating is also a factor. those last few pounds could be the extra muscle you have built.

off to clean up and than think about lunch.....

later :heart:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    hmm rewards. I always go for a "free night out" with the girls aka no calorie counting... or if you want to avoid the food rewards... a new workout outfit, shoes, or (this is what I use to do...) put a dollar in a jar everyday you stay on track and then at the end of the challenge let your self spend it guilt free! :flowerforyou:

I just have to say I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that idea!!!!! Seriously...I'll have to think on this! :tongue:

My rewards are relatively inexpensive until I reach my goal! By the time I hit 165;bs, new shoes won't be a treat, it will be a necessity....same with the new bras...hehehe....But I'm really loving the dollar in a jar idea!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    love the dollar in the jar idea too. will have to begin that next challenge.....maybe an extra dollar on workout days too....hummmm
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    hmmm. next challenge i am going to do it again too (it really adds up...:bigsmile: ) chipper an extra $ for work out days is a good idea!!! (i might be more motivated to go to the gym... :laugh: ) :flowerforyou: I hope everyone is having a great day!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Putting a dollar a day in a jar might be the only way I can afford (budget) to do anything for myself :laugh: I do like this idea. I don't usually carry cash, so occasionally I will have to go to the bank and ask for $20 in ones. :huh:

And I think I'll take a spaghetti sauce jar, cut a hole in the lid (and smooth out the edges of that hole... safety first) and DECORATE my jar. Paint it or marker it or decoupauge it. Make it my pretty sparkly (oooh, glitter!) jar to motivate me (and also keep the contents hidden, because it's nice to be pleasantly surprised when opening a piggy bank).

Maybe I need to start "paying" myself for all my hard work.

$0.10 for having a happy day, smiling at others and being bright and encouraging
    $0.25 for every day I work out (I work out religiously M-F during lunch)
    $0.25 for every day I drink 8+ glasses of water.
    $0.50 for every day I 'make' calories (within 100 +/-)
    $1.00 for every day I run (at least 5 min+)

Yes, I think I like this idea. I think I need to go get a few rolls of quarters and a few rolls of dimes today (or Friday after work but before the bank branch closes).

What other "payments" should I add in?
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I LOVE the money jar reward system! I am going to start it ASAP!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    hehehe....So this is what I'll do!

.25 for drinking 1 gallon of water a day
    .50 for working out at least 45 mins
    1.00 for "making" my calories (1200-1300)
    .25 for washing my face and brushing my teeth at night. ( I know its weird, but I go to bed a lot of times without doing it and that needs to stop!)

So I could earn $2.00 a day! Over the course of the remaining 4 weeks that could be $56.00! Which is just right for when I reach my goal and buy my iPod Shuffle!! They are only about $50.00....

OH and I'll give myself $1.00 for each pound I lose!!!

Lauryn I love your idea of decorating the jar!! :wink: So even if its just you and me doing it...lets do it together! :smile:
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    I am so happy you guys like this idea :bigsmile: it always worked for me in the past... :drinker: and it does add up!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I think I am going to start again with the following reward system:

0.50 - GYM
    0.50 - WATER (8 Cups / Day)
    0.50 - PER LB LOST (Tuesday Weigh in)
    0.50 - GOOD NUTRITION (1300 CAL / Day)

hmmm... what else?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! Sorry I wasn't able to get on this morning...BUSY day at work! I've gained 1.5 pounds so far...this is crazy to me! But you should see my belly...definitely looks like there's something growing in there! :laugh: I promise to take pictures one of these days. Gonna have to go buy my first pair of maternity pants probably this weekend...CRAZY! I go back to the doctor tomorrow to hear the heartbeat and the normal checks. I'll let you know how everything goes. AND...as of today, I am out of the first trimester!!!!!!! YAY!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Anyways...back to some work for me. Hope you are all have a fabulous day!!!

TudorRose----SW 211 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 203.6 lbs Progress -7.4 lbs
    Shanell
    SW 210.5 lbs/GW 199/CW 209 lbs Progress -1.5 lbs
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 153.4 lbs. PROGRESS 0.4 lbs.
    Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 206.8 PROGRESS -3.4
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 147.0 LBS PROGRESS -1.4 LBS
    Tammara
    SW 218.0 lbs/ GW 213.0 lbs/ CW 112.5 lbs Progress -5.5 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 175.0lbs Progress -2.4 lbs
    Robin
    SW 191.5 lbs/GW 185 lbs/CW 189.5 lbs Progress -2 lbs
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 161 lbs Progress +1.5 lbs

Cassidy
    SW 194.4 lbs/GW 177/CW 190.2 lbs Progress -4.2 lbs
    Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 174 Progress +2 lbs
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 198 lbs Progress 4.0 lbs
    Katy
    SW 166.8lbs/GW 159.8/ CW 165.6lbs Progress -1.2lbs
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs/ GW 155 lbs/ CW 159 lbs Progress 0 lbs
    Tiff
    SW 153.4 lb/ GW 143.0/ CW153.4 Progress 0.0 lbs
    Moonlight
    SW 212 lbs/GW 204/CW 212 lbs Progress 0.0 lbs
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    oh... this is a big one for me...:grumble:

0.50 - NO SODA

:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    oh... this is a big one for me...:grumble:

0.50 - NO SODA

:flowerforyou:

If I did a No Coffee day (probably the equivalent of your No Soda), I'd have to pay myself $5. I'd also have to pay everyone else $5 for putting up with me!!! :grumble:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    TudorRose----SW 211 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 203.6 lbs Progress -7.4 lbs
    Shanell
    SW 210.5 lbs/GW 199/CW 209 lbs Progress -1.5 lbs
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 153.4 lbs. PROGRESS 0.4 lbs.
    Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 206.8 PROGRESS -3.4
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 147.0 LBS PROGRESS -1.4 LBS
    Tammara
    SW 218.0 lbs/ GW 213.0 lbs/ CW 112.5 lbs Progress -5.5 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 175.0lbs Progress -2.4 lbs
    Robin
    SW 191.5 lbs/GW 185 lbs/CW 189.5 lbs Progress -2 lbs
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 161 lbs Progress +1.5 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs/ GW 155 lbs/ CW 159.5 lbs Progress +0.5 lbs

Cassidy
    SW 194.4 lbs/GW 177/CW 190.2 lbs Progress -4.2 lbs
    Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 174 Progress +2 lbs
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 198 lbs Progress 4.0 lbs
    Katy
    SW 166.8lbs/GW 159.8/ CW 165.6lbs Progress -1.2lbs
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Tiff
    SW 153.4 lb/ GW 143.0/ CW153.4 Progress 0.0 lbs
    Moonlight
    SW 212 lbs/GW 204/CW 212 lbs Progress 0.0 lbs

YAY! I only gained a half pound!!! (Actually, I've lost 1.5lbs... I had gained more and wasn't noting it.)

I'm back. Full force. I want to lose 16lbs in 16 weeks (which is pretty agressive for me at this point). This will put me at roughly 143lbs for my birthday.... a mere 5 lbs away from my weight loss goal!!!!!

I'm going to start paying myself for my hard work, using that money for my reward.
    I'm going to start eating less calories. (I have been eating maintenance, not deficit.)
    I'm going to get my head in the game.
    I'm going to see my ticker hit 50lbs lost and soon!

:smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    .25 for washing my face and brushing my teeth at night. ( I know its weird, but I go to bed a lot of times without doing it and that needs to stop!)

Cass, I added this one too. I have the same horrible bad habit.

I'm going to use a dry-erase marker to write all my payments up on the bathroom mirror so I see them daily and remember them.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    How would a self-reward jar work? I mean, if it's YOUR money, then surely you'd have it, regardless? I like the idea, but am failing to grasp it- it's been a long day :tongue:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ohhhh, need to make my list. our electic company mailed out little cardboard piggy banks, saying how much you can save when you change the light bulbs from the regular kind to the new engergy savers. to put your savings in the piggy bank, so the decorating idea is great. i am taking that piggy bank and redo it. it's funny i almost threw it out yesterday while cleaning.....super ideas love it.

off to compose my list, and decide on how to decorate it. we should post pics of our banks.

kistin....great job on the gain. boy, that felt weird. good luck at the doctor.

later :heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    kistin....great job on the gain. boy, that felt weird. good luck at the doctor.

I know, right?! Crazy for me to say too!!! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    How would a self-reward jar work? I mean, if it's YOUR money, then surely you'd have it, regardless? I like the idea, but am failing to grasp it- it's been a long day :tongue:

Taking money out of a (currently) joint bank account (or even my own bank account) won't feel the same.

And with me, I'm a saver. I won't buy myself 'luxuries" like a mani/pedi or a massage because that is "wasted money" I could keep in the bank or put in savings, etc.

But if I set aside the change now, and reward myself daily with quarters (:laugh: ), it will feel differently when I go to spend that money. It will feel like money earned. It will feel like a reward for hard work. It won't feel like money I'm taking from the budget for myself. It won't hit my bank statement. It won't impact anything (other than when I initially pull it out, but a little here and a little there and I won't notice it coming from the bank).

It IS a slightly childish concept, but I need a reward. :tongue:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I know that in my case I am always thinking about what my kids might need and putting what I want back on the shelf. This will be a way to get the things I want and feel like I earned it. And if I am not working hard to earn it then I wouldnt buy it.
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I agree 100% with Lauren and Pdx....I don't spend money on myself. I'm a saver...but this will be a fun way of doing something for me...and when you save 2 dollars at a time, it will be with the knowledge that you earned it and you get to spend it how you want....

This will be money earned with sweat and pounds and inches!!! And that will be the sweetest treat!!!! :drinker:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I love that idea guys :wink: And Amy, I totally agree - whenever I'm thinking of spending money my first thought is 'but I could pay for another session of Sportball with this!' or something of the like. I am, through this process, also learning to put my own name back on the list of people who deserve my time, attention, and consideration and this extends into the money category too. I think I may look into taking a pottery class or something once I hit my half-way point. I've always wanted to do that!

I'm feeling so great today, another day on-track and for ONCE I haven't been tempted to slack off a little because it's Tuesday and I saw a loss and "I can make up for it over the next 6 days". I'm very proud of this!!

Well, off to read some books to my little ones and then head to the gym for some cardio. I was going to do a class but my muscles are so sore from the last couple of days of strength work that I need to just let them rest :smile: