Wine

ehc850
ehc850 Posts: 1 Member
Eating healthy foods + exercising is easy for me, BUT!!! I drink too much wine while cook. Wine interferes w fat burning. What is a good substitute?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Wine doesn't interfere with fat burning. If you log it and still stay within your calories, you'll be fine.
    For me, alcohol interferes with my judgment and I tend to eat too much.

Me too, it reduces my inhibitions and usually the only time I drink is during social times, where there’s usually good food around that I crave, so it’s like a double whammy.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Hey, how about cardiovascular health? Many studies through the years have shown a positive link between moderate red wine drinking and good heart health. I drink a glass of wine about 3-4 days a week. Yes, I just add it to my MFP diary and make sure I don't go too much over my calorie allotment for that day.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    I agree with Kathryn, if you log it in and stay under your calories, you'll be fine. but drink in moderation bc you are drinking your calories which doesn't help satisfy your hunger. we all hear that each gram of carbs and protein has 4 calories and each gram of fat has 9. but each gram of alcohol has 7 calories and there is no nutritional value to alcohol
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Decide how much wine you are allowing yourself that evening and log it. Put that amount in a glass (less any you are using for cooking), and decide whether to drink it while cooking or with your meal. I find that I normally really want to have it with the meal. Putting the bottle away helps me a lot.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    I'm a moderator too but fear that I might need to exclude as I get closer to my target. Progress is slower and slower.

Then again, I've not intention of giving up wine forever and don't want to suddenly put weight back on as soon as I get to target and have that dangerous feeling that I can go back to eating 'normally'. In the end it is probably best to keep it in the plan for my week and accept slow progress.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    As I got slimmer it became harder to lose weight and drink what I liked to drink. I had periods of binge drinking at the weekends and it just made weight loss stall.

I just have the occasional glass of wine now. After 3 years of doing this I don’t miss it at all.

The last time I was proper drunk was in may at my partners birthday. They hangover put me in bed for a whole day. I can’t be bothered with that.
  • candicew70
    candicew70 Posts: 74 Member
    As I got slimmer it became harder to lose weight and drink what I liked to drink. I had periods of binge drinking at the weekends and it just made weight loss stall.

I just have the occasional glass of wine now. After 3 years of doing this I don’t miss it at all.

The last time I was proper drunk was in may at my partners birthday. They hangover put me in bed for a whole day. I can’t be bothered with that.

Same. I had to mostly give it up as it was stalling my progress, and I’m almost 50. I just can’t handle it anymore. Surprisingly it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be to give it up, and I’ve adjusted to life w/o it for the most part.

• herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    GT's Synergy Trilogy kombucha mixed with Lacroix in a wine glass was a great substitute for me.
  • missyelainious
    missyelainious Posts: 30 Member
    I work for a wine company, it’s my life! Fortunately it’s a high end wine company where we focus on quality wines and I truly believe that drinking carefully produced wine is much different from drinking cheap crap. My husband and I share a bottle probably 3x a week and I count the calories and have lost 30lbs. So, drink good wine and log it!