Keto beginners

Options
Looking for keto buddies! Beginners or pros 🙂 I am a beginner

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You might try looking in a low carb group...........

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I’m a beginner too. Been using MFP for years but have been using CarbManager app to log my first week of keto. I lost 6 lbs from Monday-Friday. I know it’s just water weight but still happy about it.
  • KatRosales13
    KatRosales13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice work! ❤️
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I’m a beginner too,feel free to add me
  • ToriButler40
    ToriButler40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m a beginner too. Been using MFP for years but have been using CarbManager app to log my first week of keto. I lost 6 lbs from Monday-Friday. I know it’s just water weight but still happy about it.

Hi, I started keto June 1st and have only lost 3 pounds. I'm in ketosis, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Congratulations on your weight loss. What are some of the things you are doing?
  • KatRosales13
    Options
    Good morning! So I’m just starting to figure things out myself but I’ve kept my carbs as low as possible and as much “good” fats as possible. I haven’t seen a huge difference in the scale yet but it’s only been a week so I’m hopeful. I also try to workout for at least 30 mins 6 days a week. Keep at it and I’m sure we will be rewarded!!!
  • ToriButler40
    ToriButler40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning! So I’m just starting to figure things out myself but I’ve kept my carbs as low as possible and as much “good” fats as possible. I haven’t seen a huge difference in the scale yet but it’s only been a week so I’m hopeful. I also try to workout for at least 30 mins 6 days a week. Keep at it and I’m sure we will be rewarded!!!

Thanks for the inspiration. I started walking 1-2 miles a day last week. I need to get more consistent with it. What are some good fats that you consume?
  • KatRosales13
    Options
    Cheese cheese cheese and more cheese lol avocado, eggs things like that. I’ve found a lot of good keto recipes on Pinterest
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Keto again today. I had really good success with it and then I blew it all. Feel free to add me and I wish you all the best!! We got this!!
  • its_me_nikki
    its_me_nikki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m starting today. Sending request
  • Panys_mom
    Panys_mom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had great results with keto in the past. One 2 week road trip with gas station food and fast food shut me down for a while bit I'm trying to get back into it.
  • gma38059
    gma38059 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb (net carbs), not true keto. But, I have dropped from 233 lbs down to 209.8 as of today. The progress is slower, ketosis isn't as extreme, but the program is much easier to maintain since I can have carbs in small amounts. I can tell when I'm getting ready to start dropping because I get extremely thirsty and have no problems hitting my water intake goals.
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    gma38059 wrote: »
    I am doing low carb (net carbs), not true keto. But, I have dropped from 233 lbs down to 209.8 as of today. The progress is slower, ketosis isn't as extreme, but the program is much easier to maintain since I can have carbs in small amounts. I can tell when I'm getting ready to start dropping because I get extremely thirsty and have no problems hitting my water intake goals.

I am on day 4 of a modified Keto - target net carbs of 40 and a base of 1600 calories per day.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to drop the 23 pounds (congrats, BTW!!!), and at what carb / calorie intake?
  • gma38059
    gma38059 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    mnvicke wrote: »
    gma38059 wrote: »

I am on day 4 of a modified Keto - target net carbs of 40 and a base of 1600 calories per day.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to drop the 23 pounds (congrats, BTW!!!), and at what carb / calorie intake?

I'm not sure what your metabolism is like - I'm a 54 year old grandmother with a moderate metabolism. I'm not tracking my calories so much as I am my carbs. I shoot for 30 or less NET carbs per day (total carbs-fiber) with a higher protein and fat percentage. You can look at the Atkins website for better breakdowns of how to calculate the percentages. For me, my carb intake is approximately 10 to 15% of my total calorie intake daily with the rest being fat/protein.

I used the 3rd (slow loss) method on the Atkins website as my basis. I started tracking my loss on this plan around Feb 2020 and am down a total of 26 lbs for the year - around 20 of that will be from Feb until now. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, but haven't had time to get on here at all for over a month... life has definitely been a bit nuts this year!

Gma38059
  • ketoandweim
    ketoandweim Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am down 51 lbs since January 1st (SW 233.2 GW 153.2) on a 1200-1600 calorie target 50 net carb diet. I am not willing to give up my coconut cream coffee creamer which makes me dirty keto/low carb. Walking the dog a couple days a week, but no workouts specific to losing weight. I have struggled with Binge Eating Disorder/Secret Eating since I was 10 years old (39 now). Learning that about myself and having a name for it was life changing. I have tried all the keto snacks, meals, products. Some are better than others, if you have a question on one chances are I have tried it lol. Potassium and Magnesium are vital to curbing my hunger and keeping the scale moving. Fast food isn't always bad and sometimes its a lifesaver! (McDonalds double cheeseburger no bun) My food diary is open but fair warning I put everything in as lunch because....well, why not.
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just started back on keto on Monday. I've done it before and was very successful with it. (I just let covid become an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and gained 35+ lbs back 😒). Anyway, feel free to add me, my food diary is open.
  • AnitaR1983
    AnitaR1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looking for keto buddies! Beginners or pros 🙂 I am a beginner

Hi. I started Keto hmmm maybe 2 weeks ago. I don't feel too different nor do I feel I look any different. I watch Dr. Berg on youtube and joined dietdoctors.com I think it's called. Diet doctors has recipes and lots of other things too. Dr. Berg answers my questions sometimes multiple times because I keep having the same questions lol. Scale today said 165 down from 173 about a month ago so again not sure it's working. But still only been a couple weeks. I would love like minded friends.