What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Peanuts are only good as a butter - as a stand alone but I’m not really a fan...though I like the peanut man...but that’s really it...peanut as a butter and the actual peanut man...well wait I also like it as a brittle...hmmm...I may have to do some more research and continue this later....

I'm that way about all nuts except pistachios. Boiled peanuts on the e other hand... mmmm...
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Peanuts are only good as a butter - as a stand alone but I’m not really a fan...though I like the peanut man...but that’s really it...peanut as a butter and the actual peanut man...well wait I also like it as a brittle...hmmm...I may have to do some more research and continue this later....

I'm that way about all nuts except pistachios. Boiled peanuts on the e other hand... mmmm...

Re: nuts. I don't enjoy eating handles of nuts or whatever, but love using in salads or crushed as a crust for pie :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Pepsi Max is the best of all diet sodas. Also- greek yogurt tastes exactly like spoiled milk (gosh that ones really been weighing on me).

For a wile I get Greek instead of regular mostly for protein and then finally go "this is stupid - the yogurt I like most is cheaper and easier to mix stuff in. I get plenty of protein anyway."

Oh - another unpopular opinion that is based on a few small, probably not really scientific studies - most people can't reliably pick out their favorite in a blind taste test between major diet colas and you can even put Sam's diet cola in the mix and it will get picked as often as the others.

So I'm reading this on my phone while working out, without reading glasses, and I thought you said "For a WIFE I get Greek instead of regular....." snd then I almost fell off the stair machine laughing when I realized my mistake.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Mac n cheese is gross. Just saw a photo and reminded me that this will be a very very unpopular opinion here

I hated it as a kid.
    As an adult....it's just okay. If it's served to me, I'll eat it, but it's not something I'd order or cook for myself. Even the high-brow stuff like lobster mac and cheese is just...okay.
    I think it's more a nostalgic thing for most people.
  • pancakerunner
    Mac n cheese is gross. Just saw a photo and reminded me that this will be a very very unpopular opinion here

I hated it as a kid.
    As an adult....it's just okay. If it's served to me, I'll eat it, but it's not something I'd order or cook for myself. Even the high-brow stuff like lobster mac and cheese is just...okay.

It's the nostalgia for me haha
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

I hated it as a kid.

It's the nostalgia for me haha

It's the pasta and the cheesey sauce for me.

I love mac and cheese! :)
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 51 Member
    Coleslaw and potato salad are gross. I think there's only one potato salad that I thought was actually palatable.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member

I hated it as a kid.

If that were true for me, I'd prefer it the way mama made it. Instead, I prefer it the way I make it, which is quite different.

The orange Kraft stuff is only good on backwoods camping trips, after about 8 straight hours of canoeing, in my book. In that situation, it's delicious.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Coleslaw and potato salad are gross. I think there's only one potato salad that I thought was actually palatable.

I SO agree with both that are made out of mayo....however, I quite like a roasted potato salad and vinegar based coleslaw
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    We always had German potato salad with bacon, vinegar, and mustard (no mayo), and I love it.
  • pancakerunner
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    We always had German potato salad with bacon, vinegar, and mustard (no mayo), and I love it.

i agree! my favorite
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

i agree! my favorite

Me too ... though I can take or leave the bacon (blasphemy, I know).
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    The potato/cabbage salad and macaroni cheese I grew up with were made with oil+vinegar and feta - respectively - so I'm feeling a little left out of the conversation right now...

I'm cool with mayo-based potato salad, but it needs pickles and meat and that's just too much work.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I like regular potato salad too, but I agree --German potato salad is bomb!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Buffalo sauce is the WORST sauce ever invented. Why would you do that to perfectly good chicken?
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cauliflower is not potatoes, rice, or anything besides cauliflower.
    Greek yogurt is yucky!
  • RachB1888
    RachB1888 Posts: 1 Member
    Ketchup is awful
    Frozen yogurt does NOT taste the same as ice cream
    Bacon is just "ok"
  • pancakerunner
    RachB1888 wrote: »
    Ketchup is awful
    Frozen yogurt does NOT taste the same as ice cream
    Bacon is just "ok"