Less Alcohol - JULY 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Dawn. Turning 60 in September.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I started on this thread November 28.18 - at that time I was having drinks every day. That first AF day was very hard! I vowed to have 1AF day per week to start, then progressed to 2AF days per week etc.
    My goal now (that is working for me) is 16-20 AF days per month. I have been keeping within that since last October. I am comfortable and happy with that goal. If I exceed that, then great.
    I have never ever been able to exceed 3 drinks or I throw up. Moderation is thrust upon me.

Wednesday July 01 - AF - Happy Canada Day.
    Thursday July 02 - AF - Super long day at work. I kept thinking about having drinks tonight if I could ever get through the day. I used the delay tactic when I finally did arrive home so hungry and tired. I'm sure tomorrow will be better for having abstained.
    Friday July 03 - AF - Scheduled Mojitos with a gf tomorrow after garage Sale-ing and the farmer's market. Would have liked to have a couple today after being up a ladder painting in the hot sun, but saving it up.
    Saturday July 04 - Mojitos and stuff.
    Sunday July 05 - AF - Felt like having drinks though.

Rolling total: 4AF days out of 5 days.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    One more note.... I have noticed a direct correlation to an increase in hot flashes and alcohol when I drink. It is a terrible increase in hot flashes. I once heard that happens as women get older, their bodies just can't handle wine like they used to. It's true in my case.

Yes!!! I noticed the same thing too. Also when I eat a lot of bread. Maybe all the sugar in our systems triggers hot flashes?