Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Hi all, sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Going to keep this post short but I hope everyone is doing well!

JFT 7/6

1. Pay attention to hunger levels and listen
    2. 30 minutes of some kind of physical activity
    3. Finish work before 5:30
    4. Cook dinner
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Sunday July 5
    1 Litre of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)
    No chips - :)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Monday July 6
    1 Litre of Water
    Log all Food
    No chips
    Gratitude Journal

@SERmom3 - I managed to get Saturday and Sunday in with no chips, this was an accomplishment as I was really craving them. I wonder if there is something in them that makes them a bit addictive? I did have two of the small cans of coke at 90 calories each. I'll kill one craving at a time I guess.

@HEGoddard0928 - I grew up in an area that did not have sand fleas and I didn't really know anything about them. The summer my eldest daughter was 18 months old I went to Nova Scotia with my cousin who had been visiting in New Brunswick for a couple of months. We arrived at her house around 1030 pm, we set Lauryn, my daughter, on the floor while we unloaded the car. We came back in and she was covered with fleas! I had no idea what they were, my cousin did right away. We picked Lauryn up stripped her and left the house. We went to her parents my Aunt and Uncle's. We had to strip on the back deck before we were allowed in the house.

It was a long day, that had started very early in the morning. Lauryn also had diarrhea the whole trip because I made her bottle from unfamiliar water so we had gone to emergency before going to the house to begin with. I was pregnant with Kaitlyn and was exhausted!

@pridesabtch - I had a chatty daughter too, Lauryn. She still is chatty and I love that she includes me in her life.

Three of you from Scotland, I would love to visit there someday.

I should get to work.
    Tracey

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    JFT - Sunday July 5
    1 Litre of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)
    No chips - :)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Monday July 6
    1 Litre of Water
    Log all Food
    No chips
    Gratitude Journal

@SERmom3 - I managed to get Saturday and Sunday in with no chips, this was an accomplishment as I was really craving them. I wonder if there is something in them that makes them a bit addictive? I did have two of the small cans of coke at 90 calories each. I'll kill one craving at a time I guess.

@HEGoddard0928 - I grew up in an area that did not have sand fleas and I didn't really know anything about them. The summer my eldest daughter was 18 months old I went to Nova Scotia with my cousin who had been visiting in New Brunswick for a couple of months. We arrived at her house around 1030 pm, we set Lauryn, my daughter, on the floor while we unloaded the car. We came back in and she was covered with fleas! I had no idea what they were, my cousin did right away. We picked Lauryn up stripped her and left the house. We went to her parents my Aunt and Uncle's. We had to strip on the back deck before we were allowed in the house.

It was a long day, that had started very early in the morning. Lauryn also had diarrhea the whole trip because I made her bottle from unfamiliar water so we had gone to emergency before going to the house to begin with. I was pregnant with Kaitlyn and was exhausted!

@pridesabtch - I had a chatty daughter too, Lauryn. She still is chatty and I love that she includes me in her life.

Three of you from Scotland, I would love to visit there someday.

I should get to work.
    Tracey

Lol.. Scotland is probably a 4 or 6 hour drive I reckon from me.. and I've never been!
    What I love about the USA is that most people don't mind travelling long distance and even over different states and stuff which most of them are bigger than the UK to start with. But to us.. anything over an hour or so is a "long drive" lmao!!
  • treyzamay
    treyzamay Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2020
    Just for today:
    👏🏽Stay within my calorie budget
    👏🏽Walk for at least 30 minutes
    👏🏽Take my meds and supplements on time
    👏🏽Water! Drink water when I am reminded (I have reminders in my phone but sometimes I just dismiss them without drinking 💦
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,931 Member
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜
    ⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
      Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
      Tues 16: 149.2🤔
      Wed 17: 149.3🤔
      Thu 18: 149.2🤔
      Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
      😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
      Sun 21: 149.2
      Mon 22: 149.7
      Tue 23: 149.5
      Wed 24: 149.4
      Thu 25: 149.8
      Sat 27: 149.9
      Sun 28: 149.8
      Mon 28: 148.2
      July:
      Wed 1 149.5
      Thu 2 149.6
      Sat 4: 149.8
      Sun 5: 149.7

🇺🇸 Happy July 4th 🇺🇸
      🇺🇸To all my Stateside Friends 🇺🇸

JFT Sun 5 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷Affirmations
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷68
      Cardio: > 30🌷HIIT /walk/jog w weights
      Strength: > 10🌷core
      Flex: >10🌷yoga stretches
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500🌷9670
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷 meditation:✅ Write journal:✅
      🌷laundry:🌟 chores:✅
      🌷Skype with family✅
      🌷Watch TV:🌟 Puzzles:✅ crochet:✅
      🌷Finish DGSs Birthday Project🌟Almost!!!

JFT Mon 6 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep:
      Meditation:
      Intentional exercise: > 50
      Cardio: > 30
      Strength: > 10 legs
      Flex: >10 Pilates
      Prelog: stay in the green
      Weight: < 150
      Steps: > 7500
      Fitbit > 6 active hours
      Mood: :sunglasses:
      Activities I get to do:
      🌷meditation: Write journal:
      🌷laundry: chores:
      🌷Declutter computer room
      🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: crochet: Knit
      🌷Edit DGSs Birthday Project

• cesse47
      cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
      JULY GOALS ---
      (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water -- MEASURE IT!!
      (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) on hold
      (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter on hold

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
      Feed the animals - done
      Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
      Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
      Do 15 min of yardwork: Weed Whack north and east perimeters
      everything on hold

got way too involved with yardwork. hips, lower back both are killing me ... hate trying to get up cause it hurts so darn much. then, hate to sit down ... same reason. got a lot done, but should know better at my age. I'd been pacing myself pretty well initially. for some reason on Sunday, just kept going. this old body is letting me know it did not appreciate it!!!

Have a great day Y'all !! 🌞
    • cesse47
      @merope2 congrats on your loss thus far; you'll get rid of the Jan-Mar as well I'm sure!!

@HEGoddard0928 hand-held recorders will be perfect. I'll be he'll enjoy telling his stories as will your Mom.

@clicketykeys I always insisted on cold, cold water or over ice. Now, since I'm trying to drink so much more, I seem to prefer straight from the tap or room temperature. go figure ...

@ZizzyBumble How exciting!! I hope your reunion exceeds being as wonderful as you've dreamed it to be!

@cschmitz110515 I know what you mean. I used to go to dine-in restaurants 3-4 times per week. Now, even though they are really strict about distancing, masks, etc I'm still leery. I've gone to breakfast only twice and an evening meal just once in the last 4 weeks. I do curbside pickup once a week to help support local eateries.

@TerriRichardson112 -- saw this in your post 🌷Finish/edit/print DGSs Birthday Project. Does this mean your done? almost done? Whoooo Hoooo!!

@fairy_daisy Your goals sound like good ones to me. I was a bit bummed about no celebration ... until I watched some on the news and realized I'd be really paranoid out in a crowd like that, at a beach like that, at a bar like that, at .... whatever!! I'll stay home where I'm safer and keep my loved ones safer by not getting exposed and bringing something home. It's such a crazy world right now. Keep safe!!

@SERmom3 Yea You!! It's really hard to give up something you crave so much so give yourself a BIG pat on the back!!

@pridesabtch Since I buy meat in such small quantities, I also go to our local meat market. I can buy one or two pork chops, 4 slices bacon, 1/4 lb hamburger, etc. They get their meat from local Amish and Mennonite families and do their own butchering. Wonderful flavorful meats. I especially like the chicken because they are very plump and moist. They also get fresh caught fish from the Great Lakes that's very tasty. I really like being able to support local businesses and farmers. And, we do have a really great Farmer's Market on Saturday and Wednesday.

• cesse47
      Hi all, sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Going to keep this post short but I hope everyone is doing well!
      r

Welcome back!!
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      JFT Tuesday
      1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
      2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM bike ride.
      3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
      4. Lunch: seafood salad. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
      5. Write a letter. Dinner: leftovers. 1 hr writing: letter to B. Draft email about world lit.
      6. Color! 1 hr reading. Take books to library.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Wed book group. Thu play practice. Check with PCP about SHBP screening. Thursday visit parents - take photos. Wed AM Google test at school. Blood work?

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2
      Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
      7. Theater: 1984.
      8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
      12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
    • TerriRichardson112
      @cesse47 Almost done. I want to wrap it up by the weekend.
      🤓 The problem with proofreading/editing is that I keep adding in bits. Still have a few photos to add,
    • TerriRichardson112
      @clicketykeys 😍 Your plans/ideas are so useful for reminding me of the basics of writing.
      [Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts./i]
      👍🏻 This sounds like a fascinating topic.
      Your students are so lucky to have you as their tutor.
    • fairy_daisy
      fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
      I’m still here with the sameness holiday goals - log everything, stay in the green, get to bed on time. I sort of met my goals yesterday but it wasn’t great. I had a super long walk back from dropping my car at the garage, but discovered how scarily easy it is to eat back all those extra calories I’d earned. I’ll try to be a bit more mindful of my eating today.
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      @Snowflake1968 - Nice job refraining from chips over the weekend! I agree with you, probably good to focus on one craving at a time.

MONDAY:
      - Log everything🟢 / Stay green🟢
      - Exercise🔴
      - No chips!🟢
      - Fence project (still more to do...)🔴
      - Clean! - house is getting out of control🟢
      - Meal plan/food prep🟢

Going out for a kayaking trip with extended family today. I’ll keep my goals short because I’m not sure how long we’ll be out.

JFT TUESDAY:
      - Log everything / stay green
      - Kayaking
      - No chips!

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6
      👙👙👙👙👙👙
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Monday: all food logged
      Tuesday: log all food.
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
      SERmom3 wrote: »
      @Snowflake1968 - Nice job refraining from chips over the weekend! I agree with you, probably good to focus on one craving at a time.

MONDAY:
      - Log everything🟢 / Stay green🟢
      - Exercise🔴
      - No chips!🟢
      - Fence project (still more to do...)🔴
      - Clean! - house is getting out of control🟢
      - Meal plan/food prep🟢

Going out for a kayaking trip with extended family today. I’ll keep my goals short because I’m not sure how long we’ll be out.

JFT TUESDAY:
      - Log everything / stay green
      - Kayaking
      - No chips!

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6
      👙👙👙👙👙👙

Yeah man keep at it!!
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
      Recap M 7/6
      1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings :neutral:
      2) Bring lunch/snacks & water bottle (prepped already) / net cals green / 12c water :neutral: ok for rest day
      3) Be productive at work :)
      4) Prep lunch/snacks & water bottle for Tues. :)
      5) Make strawberry muffins :smiley: & shared today w/ two co-workers assigned to work in office same days as me
      6) At least one home chore (can be minor) :)
      7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set alarm (maybe x-train before work? not in this habit at all!) 4x :)

JFT T 7/7
      1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings
      2) Bring lunch/snacks & water bottle / net cals green / 12c water
      3) Be productive at work / organize papers & electronics for work from home rest of week
      4) At least one home chore (can be minor since I'm fried after working in office)
      5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set alarm (walk dog before heat/humidity are horrible again)

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
      teigansdad wrote: »
      Gonna do a fasting fat burner on just coffee. The end of this month is the Off road attack on mount Mitchell. It’s my personal Tour de France. 60 mile race, 10000 feet of climbing. Some of the most amazing sites and fun riding but also a total mind F%$k, as one of the climbs is a nine mile climb on an old state road rewarded w five more miles on the blue ridge parkway which also is mostly climbing. Then a mile hike s bike up what seems like a game trail.. this is just s portion of the race. Some of it feels like a death march at times.

I've had a number of friends do Mount Mitchell. Some in the race, some on their own. Death march seems an appropriate description. You've got this!