Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Although we don’t have the temptation of Girls Scout cookies in UK, I did have the minefield that is Easter Chocolate to traverse. There were casualties!!! Lol! Dear that Easter Bunny!!!

What would life be like if we didn’t have the odd blowout!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies in one sitting. WTH? I just didn't care. They tasted good and I wanted them and I just didn't care. Not one of my better moments. I need to get a grip on this boredom and emotional eating.

OMG!! I am so glad I did not have any cookies in the house yesterday, or chocolate, or ice cream ....
    I'd have eaten them all!! I'm with you about needing to get this borecome/emotional eating under control.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Recap T 4/14 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,760 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 24 floors :neutral:
    2) Net calories green / 14c water = Net cals -125 :( sodium -1,788 >:) sugar green :mrgreen: fiber & protein ok, 12c water
    3) Work from home :) plus talked to my two favorite co-workers by phone :smiley:
    4) Walk dog cold, windy & brief snow showers so x-trained (weights/circuit) instead + some more basement boxes :smiley:
    5) Call L and/or T :smiley: finally got hold of T for nice, long chat
    6) At least one home chore :)
    7) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley:

JFT W 4/15 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Work from home
    4) Walk dog
    5) Call L
    6) At least 3 home chores
    7) Floss / retainers

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    🌸🌼🌷🥀🌺💐🌻🌹 Earn a flower each day 🌸🌼🌷🥀🌺💐🌻🌹
    From 16 April to 31 May (46 days)

🎯 Set your own daily goal 🎯
    My Daily Goal: Net calories green (slipping since Easter)

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options

Just for Tuesday:
    • Journal every single bite. :)
    • DRINK WATER AND DECAF TEA! Your fingers are puffing up like sausages because you are not drinking enough water. Get with it! :)
    • 30 minutes of intentional activity today - no excuses. Just do it. :(
    • Lymphedema massage x2 / lymphedema exercises on arm / knee exercises. ;)Some of it was done. Still no knee exercises though
    • Listen to Half Size Me podcast and view daily You Tube videos she has been doing during COVID shutdown. :)
    • 15 minutes in my "Quiet Corner" :(
    • DYE MY FREAKING HAIR! OMG. I look like Einstein only I'm female and my mustache is still pluckable! Bwahahaha ;)Picked up the box of Clairol...dying it as I type this...
    • Cut freggies to grab for snacks :(Ran out of time. do this on Wednesday.
    • Finish the handout/video project for work. :)Handout done and waiting for approval.
    • Bed by 10:30 / get up with alarm :(I find myself watching YouTube videos of the COVID news and then I cannot fall asleep! Need to stop this!

I talked to my Health Coach, V, today. I had such a negative attitude and feel terrible about that. I need to get out of this funk. Just because I was a survivor in the big Girl Scout Cookie Debacle this week does not mean I have to wallow in it and beat myself up over it for the rest of the week! I can and will turn it around!

Update on the hair coloring escapade...my dark hair is now the color of an orangy copper penny and my gray/silver hair that I was trying to turn brown is still white. So, there's that. Clairol 1, Tracie 0. I sure do hope it lives up to it's word on the box that said it washes out in 30 shampoos...

GRATITUDE: Today I am grateful I am working from home, so nobody can see my new orange hair color. :mrgreen:

WOTY: Persistence

Just for Wednesday:
    • Journal every single bite.
    • DRINK WATER AND DECAF TEA!
    • 30 minutes of intentional activity today - no excuses. Just do it.
    • Lymphedema massage x2 / lymphedema exercises on arm / knee exercises.
    • Listen to Half Size Me podcast and view daily You Tube videos she has been doing during COVID shutdown.
    • Self Care - 15 minutes
    • Cut freggies to grab for snacks, pre-wash lettuce.
    • Finish the handout/video project for work. :smile: Update: Got approval. Tomorrow I will work on recording video.
    • Bed by 10:30 / get up with alarm!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. Update class sites. Email student. AM walk.
    3. Answer student emails; extra credit from Wednesday. Set up discussions. Reminder for book group.
    4. Lunch: soup. Yoga with core/balance work. 15 minutes looking for senior photos!
    5. Write and publish a blog post. Read through ch 10 of God of Small Things.
    6. PM run - 5 miles. Color! Fold laundry. Book group.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. No reading today. I'll have to do two chapters tomorrow.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀 Wednesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,pets, pill😀
    2. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge😀
    3. On computer, video ready at 0625😀
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean😀
    5. Abs and stretches at 9am😀
    6. Hang laundry😁....😀(2d load, too!)
    7. Lunch= protein pancakes 😀
    8. Dinner = salad + family food😀
    9. Freeze remaining ham😀
    10. Meditate😀
    11. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30👿

Posting to be accountable but too tired to comment...catch up soon...

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Thursday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0700, pill,pets,
    2. Arm Weights, Abs, stretches
    3. pill, shower
    4. Healthy breakfast: yogurt + GoLean
    5. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge
    6. On computer, video ready at 0855
    7. Lunch= salad + chicken
    8. Dinner = homemade TV dinner
    9. Meditate
    10. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    kxb0bcr2i12u.jpeg

I am grateful...
    • ...that I have been gifted another day
    • ...that the sun is shining
    • ...that I have lovely fresh raspberries for my breakfast
    • For all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!
    What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • I’ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook)
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    The only failure is giving up!

2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Week 1
    Wed 01: 148.1
    Thu 02: 147.2 💖 finally off the plateau! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Fri 03: 147.8
    Sat 04: 147.2
    Sun 05: 147.5
    Mon 06: 147.4
    Tue 07: 147.2 Almost at my goal weight!
    Week 2
    Wed 08: 147.3
    Thu 09: 142.6 😱 Now, logic suggests that I can't have lost almost 5 lbs overnight, but I'm putting it out there, although I'm expecting this to bounce up again tomorrow.
    Fri 10: 144
    Sat 11: 146.2
    Sun 12: 149.1: 😜 Scale needed new batteries! Gotta cut back on the Easter treats. 😂
    Mon 13: 148.8🐣 Easter treats! 😂 Chocolate overload!
    Tue 14: 149.4:
    Week 3:
    Wed 15: 148.8
    Thu 16: 148.2
    Fri 17:
    Sat 18:
    Sun 19:
    Mon 20: 🎈🎉🎈74th Birthday 🎈🎉🎈
    Tue 21:
    Week 4:
    Wed 22:
    Thu 23:
    Fri 24:
    Sat 25:
    Sun 26:
    Mon 27:
    Tue 28:
    Wed 29:
    Thu 30:
    Fri 31:
    Still working on the project for my Grandson's birthday present.
    JFT Wed 15 Apr
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: 🌷
    Meditation:🌷2 mindfulness videos
    Intentional exercise: > 50 🌷125
    Cardio: > 30🌷Walking and some gardening
    Strength: > 10🌷General
    Flex: >10🌷Yoga
    Prelog: stay in the green 🌷
    Weight: < 150🌷
    Steps: > 7500🌷10261
    Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷9 done
    Mood: 😎
    Gratitude: I am grateful that I got my essentials today.
    Activities:
    • Shopping for essentials. 🌷
    • Gardening 🌷Deadheading/weeding
    • Masks 🌷DYD collected her masks. She brought us tins of baked beans as a thank you. We visited in the garden. She’s working from home as her company is involved in kiting out the Nightingale Hospitals for C19 patients.
    • Work on Birthday project for Grandson 🌷this is ongoing. DH and I are working on this together.

🌺🌸🌼SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌼🌸🌺
    🎯 Set your own daily goal 🎯
    🌺🌸🌼 Earn one 💐 for each day 🌼🌸🌺
    ❗️ From 15 April to 31 May (47 days) ❗️

Daily Goal:
    50 + minutes intentional exercise

April: 15,
    💐

May:

• cesse47
    Options
    🌺🌸🌼SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌼🌸🌺
    My Daily Goal -- 30+ minutes of intentional exercise

JFT Goals for Thursday, April 16, 2020

Log everything; Be mindful of everything I eat - try for lower carb choices
    Drink at least 8 water
    Do 2 5 min walks -- try for 3
    Do 30 min Chair Yoga
    Do stretching video in full
    Clean Bathroom
    Clean cat boxes and clean up their room
    Complete grocery delivery list
    Pay monthly bills

Woke up at 4:30 this morning ... full of energy. After I post in my morning threads, I think I'll do my stretching and walking. Then, breakfast. I'd really like to start getting in another walk or chair exercise each day ... just don't want to push it. Still doing ok with food choices and staying just under my daily limit. Carbs typically over but not significantly so much better there as well.

Time to get busy ... hope Y'all have a great day!! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    R2che wrote: »
    Happy ‘hump’ day.
    I actually got my backside out early and went for a run. For me at the moment that was a massive achievement. I ran 2.4 miles in 28 minutes. There was a little bit of walking involved

WTG!!
  • cesse47
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ="PackerFanInGB;c-44916024"
    I was a survivor in the big Girl Scout Cookie Debacle this week
    Hair coloring escapade...my dark hair is now the color of an orangy copper penny and my gray/silver hair that I was trying to turn brown is still white.
    Clairol 1, Tracie 0.

Today I am grateful I am working from home, so nobody can see my new orange hair color.

You live such an interesting, fun-filled life. B)
  • cesse47
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I am so far behind again .. but its is because I am sewing up a storm.. the best therapy in the world. I've sewn and delivered almost 250 face masks, and about 65 scrub caps.(hospitals are also wanting scrub caps).

Tomorrow is our 43rd wedding anniversary. We are going to eat light though, because hubby goes in friday to have the pellets inserted before radiation. We are nervous about doing this, since there is a high risk of infection.

Thank you for your contributions to the health care folks ... they so desperately need the protection!

Happy Anniversary! 🌼🌸🌺

Will definitely be sending prayers your way tomorrow that all goes well.
  • cesse47
    Options
    @clicketykeys

What kind of soup? I love soup! I ordered baby bok choy in my last delivery order and they substituted an enormous bunch of full sized bok choy. Maybe I can make a large batch of soup to use some of it up.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY:
    - Log every bite🟢
    - Workout🟢
    - Stay green🟢
    - Homeschool🟢
    - Set up virtual school meeting for E🟢
    - Set up virtual dance class for B🟢
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - Store winter boots/hats/gloves🔴

Got my lifting routine done for the first time since hurting my neck last week. That felt good. Today is more of the same, but maybe I’ll finally get that winter gear put away!

JFT THURSDAY:
    - Log every bite
    - Workout
    - Stay green
    - Homeschool
    - Set up virtual school meeting for S
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Store winter boots/hats/gloves

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    I will only earn a flower if I do 3 things: log everything, stay green and exercise.
    April 15,
    🌸
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    @clicketykeys

What kind of soup? I love soup! I ordered baby bok choy in my last delivery order and they substituted an enormous bunch of full sized bok choy. Maybe I can make a large batch of soup to use some of it up.

Heh! I am NOT much of a cook. My soup either comes from a can (usually Progresso as there's variety but they're less expensive than Campbell's) or is leftovers from what my husband makes. He does a GREAT job with chicken stock. I still have some in the freezer. I simmer it and toss in some frozen spinach for fiber and possibly an egg white for protein. Sort of my twist on egg-drop soup, but there's more stuff in it. Easy and tasty!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday:
    • Journal every single bite. :)
    • DRINK WATER AND DECAF TEA! :(Not enough. Working from home makes it much to easy to drink coffee all day. Need to be mindful of this!
    • 30 minutes of intentional activity today - no excuses. Just do it. :(Does cleaning count?
    • Lymphedema massage x2 / lymphedema exercises on arm / knee exercises. :#Partially done.
    • Listen to Half Size Me podcast and view daily You Tube videos she has been doing during COVID shutdown. :)
    • Self Care - 15 minutes :)Spent time on my fingernails, which I rarely do! Was kind of nice.
    • Cut freggies to grab for snacks, pre-wash lettuce. :(
    • Finish the handout/video project for work. :smile: Update: Got approval. Tomorrow I will work on recording video.
    • Bed by 10:30 :) / get up with alarm!!! :(

@mytime6630 Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! I will be praying for successful and uneventful procedure. I'm glad to see you check in. I've been thinking of you.

@teigansdad Good luck back at work!

I want to get some goals written down before I get busy again! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Just for Thursday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Stop drinking coffee by 10:00 a.m. and switch to water!
    • DRINK MORE WATER & DECAF TEA! Perhaps make extra tea and put in fridge for iced tea?
    • Block off chunks of time on Outlook calendar: Gentle Chair Yoga, 30 min. intentional activity, 15-min Quiet Corner time, knee exercises, arm lymphedema exercises
    • Check if library card has been renewed yet
    • Make grandson & granddaughter a birthday card and get in mail!
    • Update checkbook register
    • Finish cutting veggies, washing fruit and lettuce
    • Continue work on video project
    • Listen to podcasts: Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer, Phit-n-Phat
    • Gratitude Journal, Inspirational reading for day, Simple Abundance daily reading
    • Bed by 10:30 and get up with alarm

GRATITUDE: Today I am grateful for a bright blue sky; waking up to a fresh cup of coffee; the birds, squirrels and chipmunks which I'm watching out my patio door.

WOTY: Persistence