Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    @pastelunicornxanaxskittlevirus WELCOME!! Feel free to send a FR if you would like more support people! 😊
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. Update class sites. Email student.
    3. Answer student emails; extra credit from last week. Call doctor and check on prescription.
    4. Lunch: soup. Yoga with core/balance work. 15 minutes looking for senior photos!
    5. Write and publish a blog post. Read through ch 8 of God of Small Things. Organize bookshelf.
    6. Color! Fold laundry.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wednesday: Sign contract. Take work for Hope.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 195.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. It's been raining almost all day, but I managed to get out for a walk. Only got drizzled on a little. It's supposed to get better tomorrow according to weather.com, but the patterns are apparently being unreliable? Anyway. We'll see. It'd be nice to get in a bike ride but I'm not going to count on it.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    aynidw0x5w86.jpeg

Like many of us, we have had an unusual Easter. I normally host our family get togethers, and had such a restful day. We still had our party, via Skype. Granddaughter was baking an apple tart throughout. Very impressive.

Ate way too much chocolate, of course. But that’s a conscious choice I made, so not phased by the resultant bounce on the scale.

I am grateful...
    • ...that I have been gifted another day
    • ...for the bright sunny morning
    • ...the beautiful pink magnolia blossom outside my window
    • For all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!
    What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • I’ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook)
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    The only failure is giving up!

2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Week 1
    Wed 01: 148.1
    Thu 02: 147.2 💖 finally off the plateau! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Fri 03: 147.8
    Sat 04: 147.2
    Sun 05: 147.5
    Mon 06: 147.4
    Tue 07: 147.2 Almost at my goal weight!
    Week 2
    Wed 08: 147.3
    Thu 09: 142.6 😱 Now, logic suggests that I can't have lost almost 5 lbs overnight, but I'm putting it out there, although I'm expecting this to bounce up again tomorrow.
    Fri 10: 144
    Sat 11: 146.2
    Sun 12: 148.8: 😜 Scale needed new batteries! Gotta cut back on the Easter treats. 😂
    Mon 13: 149.4🐣 Easter treats! 😂 Chocolate overload!
    Tue 14:
    Week 3:
    Wed 15:
    Thu 16:
    Fri 17:
    Sat 18:
    Sun 19:
    Mon 20: 🎈🎉🎈74th Birthday 🎈🎉🎈
    Tue 21:
    Week 4:
    Wed 22:
    Thu 23:
    Fri 24:
    Sat 25:
    Sun 26:
    Mon 27:
    Tue 28:
    Wed 29:
    Thu 30:
    Fri 31:
    Still working on the project for my Grandson's birthday present.
    JFT Sun 12 Apr
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: 🌷
    Meditation:🌷2 mindfulness videos
    Cardio: > 30🌷Walking and some gardening
    Strength: > 10🌷General
    Flex: >10🌷Tai chi
    Prelog: stay in the green 👻Epjc Fail!!! 👻
    Weight: < 150🌷
    Steps: > 7500🌷8150
    Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷8 done
    Mood: 😎
    Gratitude: I am grateful for my continued health and fitness
    Activities:
    • Gardening 🌷Deadheading daffodils and tulips. Planting up.
    • Skype family party🌷🌷🌷
    • Masks 🌷2 wanted by DYD. Ready for collection
    • Work on Birthday project for Grandson 🌷working on this again today

🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Challenge Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Terri: TerriRichardson112
    Daily Challenge Goal: 7500+
    Mar: 19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Apr: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

25 Bunnies!

What next! 😂

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    🩸💧🐬
    🕳🕳🕳
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - I was going to suggest a Memorial Day challenge 🇺🇸, but then remembered that many folks wouldn’t be celebrating that! 🤦‍♀️ Haha!

Since April showers bring May flowers...what if we earned a 🌸🌼🌷 flower of your choice for hitting a personal goal? It could run through May? Just a suggestion. I do like these mini challenges.

@PackerFanInGB - I LOVE what your kids/grandkids did. I wish I had thought of it! 🐰
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    JFT MONDAY:
    - Log every bite
    - Workout
    - Stay green
    - Homeschool
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Store winter boots/hats/gloves

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. We had a yummy dinner with the 5 of us and my mom stopped by from a distance for a bit. It was a beautiful day so kids played outside all day long! Didn’t really feel like Easter, but it was a nice day.

The scale has been creeping up over the past several weeks. I really need to log my food. That’s the only way that I can consistently lose weight. Clearly I can’t manage my weight without logging everything. Too much snacking lately! 🤐

Be well! 💕
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Back at it today
    Monday; vacation Over... still not back on work schedule till Thursday but wife working at home and I need to get back to normal-ish as was getting self destructive with my excess calories and extra beer.

Monday goals
    No beer
    500 calories in green
    Long sufferfest workout
    Make good dinner

Need to get some extra lawn projects done but looks like weather is not gonna cooperate
    Will place lawn work in the Maybe list of goals

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I've been MIA for a few days struggling with work, it's like my workload has increased since we started working from home but my boss doesn't see it🤦‍♀️.

@mytime6630 I just want to send some big hugs your way

@SERmom3 I love the May flowers idea!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am sorry I’ve been MIA lately. It’s been a bit chaotic, I’m sure for everyone. While I am very grateful for my job, figuring out telehealth and working from home with a full caseload has been so overwhelming. I feel like this last week I am just getting back to normal. But to compensate I’ve been doing a lot of emotional eating and escaping into screen time. And I feel crummy because of it. I need to get back to posting on here and the heathy habits I know my body needs. Starting slow. Missed you all :)

JFT Monday
    Identify and schedule Most Important Task (MIT)
    Track water, food, exercise
    80 oz. water
    15 minutes non-screen self-care
    Post on MFP
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    JFT Goals for Monday, April 13, 2020

Log everything today
    Be mindful of everything I eat - try for lower carb choices
    Drink at least 8 water
    Do 2 5 min walks -- try for 3
    Do 30 min Chair Yoga
    Do stretching video in full
    Declutter rest of DGD items in living room -- 1 box left to do done
    Get outside at least 10 minutes today
    Vacuum
    Clean Bathroom

Fixed baked chicken for Easter and have several pieces left over for lunches this week. Am going to try to keep carbs and sodium under control.

Hope Y'all have a great day! :)
  • cesse47
    Options

My son and fiancee pulled up and parked in front of our house today, called my phone to get our attention, and when we looked outside, he threw plastic Easter eggs all over our lawn from his car. I thought he was just being silly and sharing "Easter" with us, but the next thing I know, all the car doors opened up and all the grandkids piled out with buckets and ran all over our yard for an Easter egg hunt! Oh my gosh, it made this grandma and grandpa smile! They collected the eggs and then got back in the car, yelled "Happy Easter" to us and drove away! I thought that was so thoughtful! :smile:

We are having a roast chicken with sweet potatoes and salad tonight. Then I can use the leftover chicken on salads during the week.
    Love the Easter egg hunt!! Add some asparagus and we had the same meal. I also fixed extra chicken so I would have leftovers for lunches this week.

Have a great day!! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    *Break the habit of evening binges & mindless eating when I'm bored. Only eat when I'm hungry, or on days where I've got very little appetite, eat mindfully for nourishment only.
    *^On that note, no eating after 7-8pm. Will call them 12hr intermittent fasts, so it becomes an active goal instead of just saying I'm avoiding doing some bad habit.
    Welcome! This is a very supportive group. I try to come here early in the morning so I can "set" my plan for the day in place. So far, it's worked well for me.

I am a late night snacker. One reason is that I don't go to bed until 1 am or so as a rule. Trying to break the late night snack habit did not work for me. So, this time I'm trying to plan for it. When I go in to log my breakfast, I log a late night snack of 5 Ritz crackers and peanut butter. That "saves" 175 calories for my late night snack which I can change to something else if I decided to do so. It also logs carbs and salt so my daily choices for lunch and dinner can work with calories, carbs, and sodium numbers that are remaining. It worked well for me last week so I hope it will continue to do so.

Good Luck!! :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday April 13

So much for my plans for better goal setting and accountability! Failed today 👿

However, after 3 weeks of sheltering with my parents, I went home for a night and weighed. I’ve lost a tiny bit whereas I’d expected to see a gain. Back with my parents now and need to continue to be careful rather than complacent!

It’s certainly been an odd Easter. Thinking of you all and sending good wishes in these strange times. Stay safe.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I took a break from posting or logging on Easter, but caught up reading. Back at it today. I like the idea of earning a daily flower for some kind of challenge. @TerriRichardson112 My daffodils are only 6" out of the ground, not even close to blooming, let alone deadheading.

Easter was very quiet at our home ~ we usually host my family members (from out of town) for dinner & games. Made traditional dinner anyway for hubby and myself and used the good dishes. We had baked ham, skinny mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, family "green" salad, and tried chocolate babka ~ yum! Weather was crummy (chilly, rainy, windy) so no dog walk. Snow fell last night, not much, and it's melted by now. Very windy out again with wind chill of 22F (-5C) so I hope it calms this evening as predicted, and I can walk dog.

JFT M 4/13 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Work from home
    4) Make pea soup using leftover ham
    5) Walk dog
    6) Floss / retainers

🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Step Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰
    Name: Carmela
    My daily bunny goal is 10,000 steps even though that's a stretch on rest or x-training days. Will be interesting to see total steps, hourly steps & floors, now that I'm not working in my third floor office.
    Daily Step Goal: 10,000
    March 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31 [10X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 [9X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Total of 19 bunnies for this challenge

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I just need to vent and "talk" to someone, and I feel I know you guys like friends. I cannot stop crying. My husband is starting to feel the effects of his shot. I've seen cancer so many times in my life, and I know that many times, the treatment is what makes people sick, and I am scared.
    He cries a lot now.. and is so depressed. And we haven't even started the real treatments. Next week is our 43rd wedding anniversary, and I worry it might be our last one. His cancer is the aggressive type, so I am hoping that because of the coronavirus, they don't cancel the start of his treatment. The day after our anniversary, he goes in to have the pellets inserted,which is a painful procedure, and carries a high risk of infection. And I can't even go up to the doctors office with him.Since he can't drive afterwards, I have to just wait in the car.
    And then we have shelter in place... so we can't even go anywhere to help with the stress.
    I am trying by sewing face masks and surgical caps for our hospitals, but today, that has been hard. I just stayed with him, and we watched TV together, and I hugged him.I know it is the hormone shot working, but it is hard to stay positive.
    The world is such a scary place right now with everything going on, and not only dealing with that, but his cancer.
    So .. just praying for the strength to get through all this. I can't really call friends .. they are all going through enough with all the changes that have happened the past month in our world and many do not even know about my husbands cancer. Our son and family were planning on coming here to visit before hubby starts radiation.. now that can't happen.
    So just needing some hugs from some good friends tonite.

Joan you have our hugs and prayers as well.🙏❤
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 👿journal😀

Monday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,pets, Shower, pill😀
    2. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge😀
    3. On computer, video ready at 0655😀
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean😀
    5. Plan Ted celebration 👿
    6. Lunch= salad + chicken😀
    7. Weights, abs, stretch 👿
    8. Make 2 new salads 👿
    9. Dinner = ham & broccoli🤨—to eat with the family I put it on a cauliflower crust pizza. Would have been better calorie wise not to...
    10. DFW Zoom😀
    11. Meditate👿
    12. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30🤞

First day back on for 11 hours of calls. Not the best day, fighting my inner toddler (“don’t wanna!!”). I pretracked food for tomorrow, will stick to plan. And will try better to keep checking this ToDo list to remember things like prepping more salads.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,pets, pill
    2. Weights, abs, stretch
    3. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge
    4. On computer, video ready at 0655
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean
    6. Lunch= salad + chicken
    7. Dinner = homemade TV dinner
    8. Make 2 new salads
    9. Meditate
    10. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30