maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    wfi7goct8i4r.jpg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Recap W 4/8 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,461 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 23 floors :) satisfied on x-train day
    2) Net calories green / 14c water = Net cals 57 :) sodium green :smiley: sugar -18 :/ fiber & protein good :smiley: 13c water
    3) Work from home :) / free webinar noon - 1:30 :) / Facebook Live update 3pm :)
    4) X-train (haven't in a while & more showers this afternoon) :smiley: felt good!
    5) One home chore :smiley:
    6) Finalize grocery list :) / order bread for Easter :) trying to give local shops some business
    7) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley:

JFT Maundy Thursday 4/9 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Grocery shop as soon as up & pets taken care of :smiley:
    4) Work from home / update weekly status reports / email daily & weekly updates to manager
    5) Laundry / one other home chore however small
    6) Watch Maundy Thursday church service on video
    7) Floss / retainers

Shopped early in grocery store and put on mask & gloves before I left my car; all employees and most shoppers wore masks, some also gloves. I planned ahead and had my purse around my body, never opened it or used phone so no touching there, and had my paper list in hand. Disinfected cart handle with wipes provided by store (had been a hubby task). Had debit card in left coat pocket, put back in same pocket, along with paper list when done. Had car key in small bag which I could pull out of right coat pocket, and after loading car & taking cart back, threw gloves/bag away. Used liquid soap in car. Put all groceries away, then washed debit card and hands thoroughly. Complicated process & I tried to do everything right but I did open passenger door of car with one gloved finger by mistake. Some people were friendly in store and I chatted with two other shoppers as we waited (6 ft. apart) our turn to enter our appointed checkout line. :D

Today my manager gave us the option to use PTO along w/ half holiday tomorrow & I accepted. So now I'm wrapping up work from home week 3. Never imagined it would be like this three weeks ago. My, how things have changed.

Temps are much colder today, very windy & even some hominy snow fell a while ago but melted already. Thanks @PackerFanInGB ;) jk. Decided today is rest day. Two days in a row with no dog walk = sad dog. Tomorrow for sure. In the meantime, she's following me around like a shadow, just in case.

🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Step Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰
    Name: Carmela
    My daily bunny goal is 10,000 steps even though that's a stretch on rest or x-training days. Will be interesting to see total steps, hourly steps & floors, now that I'm not working in my third floor office.
    Daily Step Goal: 10,000
    March 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31 [10X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 [6X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    I cannot find yesterday's post anywhere! I know I had one because I actually took a screenshot of it. So odd!
    ehb0zea56iia.jpg

I did meet all my goals yesterday, so WOO HOO! Haven't done that in awhile.

Yesterday's meeting with my Health Coach went really well. It was really insightful and I already feel better today following her goals for me this week. While we talked, we figured out that a large piece of my feeling "down" is most likely due to my lack of routine. Before COVID-19, I would get up for work in the morning, hop in the shower, do my make-up & hair and get ready, all while listening to some inspirational uplifting podcasts and then I'd have a chat with God on my way to work (my morning prayers). Since I've been home, I've gotten really lax and I'm not doing those things. So, one of my goals this week is to establish a new morning routine where I can give myself quiet time to do those things that help me have a more positive mindset. Today I got up with my alarm as if I were going into the office, and I did my normal routine and it made a HUGE difference in how I approached the day! I must really need structure...

Just for Thursday:
    • Journal every bite
    • WATER or DECAF TEA! LOTS OF IT!
    • 15 minutes in my Quiet Corner
    • Lymphedema massage x2 / knee exercises / lymphatic exercises / Gentle Chair Yoga
    • Spend time curled up with a book tonight. I'm really in the mood to read...so just do it!
    • Clean, peel and cut up carrot sticks, cucumbers and celery
    • Gratitude Journal 5 things / inspirational readings / Calm app / lights out by 11:00 and up with alarm in morning

GRATITUDE: Today I am grateful for wind chimes. It is a cold, windy day and the chimes outside my window sound like distant church bells.

WOTY 2020: Persistence
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone👋😘
    I am behind on posting, however it's better to do something than to do nothing about 95% of the time.
    JFT
    Woke up at 5 Took daughter to work at 6:30.
    Read mail, drank a cup of coffee. Washed dishes then made and drank Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink with 2% milk. Read a Bible chapter and now reporting in back here.
    For the rest of my day:
    Put away clothes, get dressed, do mail then drop at the Post Office drop box. (😔 didn't get to the Post Office) Pick up my daughter from work at 3p.m. Back home and have an early dinner which will either be tuna salad (didn't have the tuna) or a Compleats entree 😀
    Finish logging 😀 read, and bed by 10p.m.
    Have A great day everyone.❤👋
    I'm content with how my day went. I won't complain... I will simply focus on doing better tomorrow.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    @mytime would your husband join one of the cancer groups for support on facebook. I joined a couple for breast cancer and found them very good for expressing concerns, questions, opinions, and polling others in different stages of the same experience. Your hubby might find it helpful.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So just needing some hugs from some good friends tonite.

Definitely sending big hugs, pats, and more hugs ... and a few tears.

As a cancer survivor, I remember well the roller coaster ride from diagnosis thru surgery thru the several years of checkups. The emotional and physical stress was overwhelming not only for me but for my caregivers. Add the pandemic with all of its' restrictions, lockdown rules, physical distancing, etc and your emotional and physical stresses have been quadrupled. I can't even begin to imagine the load you are carrying.

My daughter has a Master's degree and owns her own counseling business. With the lockdown on the horizon, she worked with all of her clients to move the bulk of them to Tele-counseling until the lockdown is lifted. While most counselors and support groups have stopped their services until the bans are lifted. Many counselors have switched to Telemedicine. I encourage you to check with your hospital for resources that can provide help to support you and your husband ... especially knowing the stresses have been magnified because of Covid. Even if your husband refuses, I think you should pursue the support. Being a caregiver is huge ... and since normal support is not available to you, Telemedicine may be a blessing for you and give you a safe place to vent.

Sending prayers and blessings your way ... as well as another hug!!
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I am so sorry for the burden of anxiety you are carrying. So many hugs and thoughts and prayers going out to you. While it’s no substitutes for hugs and presence, I hope you can have video sessions with your family, even just to hang out and do family things together (cards? Board games?). And take video trips with your husband—there are YouTubes of everyplace in the world, it seems, maybe visit a few from your couch?

Cherish every day. He knows how much you love him, take strength in that. Most of all—let your friends know. No matter what they are going through themselves they will want to help you through this. They will. You are important to them; give them the gift of letting them show you.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I’m so sorry you and your husband are going through this at this time. It’s so much harder. Prayers for you!💕

@cesse47 - definitely keep up with the baby steps. I’ve always found that if you take it slowly and gradually add layers to your routine, you’re more likely to create a habit that will stick. Sounds like you got this!

THURSDAY:
    - Homeschool🟢
    - Log🔴
    - Exercise🟢
    - Stay green🔴
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - Organize next set of drawers🟢

A mixed bag for me yesterday. I was able to get out for a walk before the rain started. Unfortunately, the stiff neck I woke up with yesterday just got worse and worse throughout the day. Luckily I found a way to sleep last night. I’m going to alternate heat and ice. I definitely can’t do my lifting routine, but hopefully I can walk while the kids play today.

JFT (GOOD) FRIDAY:
    - Homeschool / update teachers with work
    - Log
    - Exercise
    - Stay green
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Organize youngest daughter’s drawers

Bunny challenge: 10k steps in nice weather or an indoor workout when I can’t get outside
    March 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 2,3,4,5,6,7,8
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Be well💕
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Tracey, I'm so sorry that you are in such turmoil. Dealing with your DHs cancer was bad enough before all this other stuff kicked off. I can't imagine the strain you are under.

And in the midst of it, you are doing things for others. You are truly amazing.

(((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 In triplicate, gladly given!

I reiterate what others have said,
    • definitely seek help and support for both of you, or for yourself if DH cannot face it.
    • vent to us as often as you need
    • Cherish every day
    • Let your friends know. They will be devastated to know that you suffered so much alone.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Today’s goals
    1) sufferfest
    2) 13 quality pull-ups
    3) clean shed
    4) hang w family
    5) zoom visit w gram
    6) 500 calories in green
    7) no booze or beer
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I just need to vent and "talk" to someone, and I feel I know you guys like friends.

This group is amazing and care for each other. I love you and am praying for you.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Thursdays are my at work days. They have now added mandatory masks to temperature checks when we enter the facility. I much prefer my work from home days, not just from the safety aspect, but I feel I'm more productive and I eat better. Well I eat less, because I don't stress eat. The kids are doing well with the new supplementary work I've sent them. At least they are doing it and not complaining about it.

Goals for today
    - Pack lunch :(
    - On time for work and ready for 8:00am meeting :smiley: Luckily I didn't have to do hair and makeup today.
    - Do not get snacks out of the vending machine. I have healthy snacks in my office. :smiley:
    - Leave work at 4:30pm :smiley:
    - Ride Peleton :(
    - Work on laundry :(
    - Go to bed in my bed rather than on the couch :(

Not great yesterday, but I am aware of my choices.

There is just so much sadness and pain in the world right now. I feel blessed that I am doing well through this trial, but grieve for my friends.

JFT Good Friday
    - Hubby made breakfast, fattening but oh so yummy. Life is better with bacon.
    - Big Skype meeting, but I just have to listen hopefully. Not really sure why I was invited.
    - I will move for at least 30 minutes today
    - A little homeschooling in the afternoon
    - moderate lunch and dinner to pay for breakfast
    - maybe an afternoon nap
    - Enjoy my family
    - call my mom
    - tell hubby to call his parents

• osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    4/9
    1) Log food - yes