Options

Replies

• jenniferjgayfield
    Options
    I'm totally in...
    CW 130.2
    GW for H4H 127
    Will post NSV's later...

Also, Olivia, I totally want a challenge week, 11/1 or 10/25 please :) Thanks!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    SW: 147.2 (is it possible to gain 4lbs in 2 days?! LOL... stupid TOM).
    GW: well... I'll set it for 140lbs unless I get knocked up before then... either way I shouldn't gain that much in the beginning :wink:

Olivia, I'll also take a week if you need challenge volunteers.

I better get started on that water... :drinker:
  • kduey
    kduey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

CW: 178 lbs
    GW: 163 by 11/22
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Olivia, I can take a week if you need a volunteer.

I came up with my NSV challenge as well-its to do something besides running three times a week. And I'm going to include taking a rest day in that as I tend to feel like i need to exercise every day and probaly don't let my body recover enough.
  • helena98
    Options
    Welcome to everyone! My name is Helen, and I'll be tracking everyone's weekly weigh-ins. Here's what you need to know:

1. It's up to you to weigh-in each Tuesday. We don't send reminder messages.

2. Everyone who weighs-in will be included on our group spreadsheet. Members who don't check in that week will be moved to "Inactive" status at the bottom of the spreadsheet. But don't worry! As soon as you start weighing-in again, we'll add you back to "Active" status.

3. This is an open group, and new members are welcome at any time! Just post your weight the day you join our topic thread, then post your weekly check-ins on Tuesday. Eezy peezy!!

I've already started the spreadsheet. The link is posted below. (You can bookmark this link to view it at any time.) Please check your information, and post a reply if anything needs to be changed, as I am the only one who can edit it. I still need SW's and GW's from a few of you.

I'll also post the weekly challenges at the top of the spreadsheet, so you won't have to scroll through all the postings to find it.

As of now, we are 35 members strong! 77 days until November 22nd! Let's get healthy for the holidays!!

SPREADSHEET LINK:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoomF1o6sg6LdEw2NV92dFQ5RDZqbm1Bek5xR1M4M3c&hl=en_US
  • helena98
    Options
    Here's my info.

SW: 196.0
    GW: 179.0 (I DREAM of seeing the 170s again!)
    NSV: Track calories and stay within limits. (The ONLY way I've ever managed to lose weight, since I can overeat all day, every day!)
  • petiteerrant
    Options
    I'm in :) Decided to post now because I'm in class all day tomorrow haha

Starting weight: 143
    Current weight: 126.2
    Goal weight: 115
    Other goals: Build up more running endurance (run in Kensington Gardens at least once a week until the weather gets too cold), work out at least 5x per week, be able to hold plank pose for 3 consecutive minutes 3 times a week, and take 3 classes at Club Kensington.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    H4H SW 156.2
    H4H GW 150

Since I'm closing in on my overall goal weight of 145, I decided to lower my weekly loss goal to 0.5 lb./week and see what happens. Still following Primal Blueprint and keeping carbs <100g/day.

NSV's for this challenge: Fit well into size 10 jeans (maybe knocking on the door of size 8???). Work on toning and strength--10 regular pushups.

For you new-to-MFP and new-to-the-challenge people, I've been with this core group of challengers since last Valentine's Day 2/14/11, starting at 210 lbs. The support, camaraderie, and accountability the group provides has been a great help in my weight loss journey.
  • kathied41
    Options
    SW: 286[9/2009]
    CW: 232[9/6/2011]
    Challenge GW:215[11/22/2011]

Just fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in 9yrs before I became disabled and gained the weight. Still have a long way to go. My long range goal is to fit into a bikini next summer at the ocean.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am new to the challenge thing but I will give it a try!
    cw=205
    gw=190
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in for this challenge!! If you don't have enough people yet, I could take a challenge week toward the end. I don't have my scale right now, but I'm going to go with my last weigh-in:

SW: 155
    CW: 135
    GW: 129 by the end of this challenge

I'm aiming kind of low, but I think it's getting harder for me to lose weight now. I set my goal at 1 lb/week when I was at 145, and I don't know if I want to go any lower with the calories, so we'll see what happens.

Good luck everyone!!:drinker:

ETA: I don't really consider this an NSV, but I would like to do a better job of getting in at least 8 glasses of water per day. This week's challenge will definitely help me with that!
  • IamBrande
    Options
    I am in!! I've been looking for a challenge, and this seems to be perfect!!!

cw: 169
    Gw: 150's
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'll have to think of an NSV for myself as well during this time. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet. Hmm.

----Nevermind, My NSV is to work on not feeling anxious about going out of my apartment to exercise. I'd really like to start the C25K program but I can't seem to make myself get outside of this apartment, I get super Anxious.

I love the "basics" challenge for this week. I really need to work on my water intake!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's great to see the big response to this challenge! Thanks to the challenge 'regulars' for throwing out additional tips and how our challenges flow...I appreciate you filling in the blanks that I missed! :flowerforyou:

Helen - THANK YOU for taking on the spreadsheet! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

My NSV - a duplicate from the last challenge - to get into size 12 with shorts, jeans & slacks.

(BTW - 8 glasses of water down...2 to go; time to leave the office, get home & go for a walk!!!)
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    SW- 156
    GW- 149
    The reason I'm shooting for this GW is because I want to be out of the 150's...on our last challenge I finally made it to the 150's...I'm going to see if I can shoot for the 140's now.
    NSV- be diligent with exercise, since working thirds and getting overtime, I've been tired, but I need to fit in it since I have a sit down job...I can exercise on thirds, going to bring dumbells to work and work on strength training. Also another NSV...to focus on having a more plant based diet.

To all the newbies in this challenge, welcome! I have been with a lot of these ladies since our first challenge back in February...since then I have lost 25 pounds, you won't find a better group to talk with and share your experiences and struggles with. Good luck everyone!
  • bktries
    Options
    I am fairly new, but am interested in the Healthy for the Holidays Challenge.:smile:

My current wt: 179.5.
    Goal wt by 11/22: 170.
    NSV: Be consistent with exercise 3 X per week and try to get more fruits and veggies and less breads.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for me is 141.8 and goal weight for challenge is 138. I don't have that much to lose now(thanks to these wonderful challenges) but for my NSV, I would like to tone up my arms and belly. My goal is to do strength training more. I love cardio but at this stage in the game, I need to step up the strength training! Used my son's weight bench for the first time tonight and loved it even if I can't bench press much weight lol. Good luck to everyone on the challenge. Stay plugged in because this is an awesome "Rockin" group of people:):)
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Looks like we are all filled up for challenge people. Yipppppeeeeeee! I'll do my best to remind you all when your week is, but I'm not perfect and I might forget or lose my phone (with all the dates in it) or who knows what else.
    9/6 - aab1
    9/12 - Me
    9/19 - singer201
    9/26 - Leslieroyale
    10/4 - swillis21
    10/11 - alacarte
    10/18 - Kris1085
    10/25 - jenniferjgayfield
    11/1 - Tissues
    11/8 - emariec78
    11/15 - Me

Reading all the "old vets" posts about their weightloss since the first challenge that Angela (kylakesgal) and Jess (jessicamarie) put up makes my heart swell. It really goes to show what a difference support makes, even in you've never even met your support team in person! I'm one of those with 23 lbs lost and a mere 17 to go.
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be so late posting this. It was a horrible day at work. UGH! I wanted to come home and exercise but I just could not make this happen this eve. So I have everything ready to go for my 5am work out tomorrow! I find it best if I get up early and exercise and get it over with so to speak.

I think I have a better idea of what an NSV goal is. This time around I am going to strive to do strengthen training at least 2x week. I really enjoy the walk/run that was introduced to me in the last challenge. So another NSV is to run for 15 minutes straight, no stopping with a hidden agenda to run 30 minutes by Christmas. A third NSV is to fit into a size 8 very comfortably. I am not sure of my clothes size now because everything is loose and I am afraid to go try on anything new. I don't want to stop this life changing process now. Ok I think that is it on the NSV for now.

CW: 158.0
    GW: 147.0 ( I would like to be in those 140's and not linger at that 149.0 spot!)

For all those newbies- Welcome, this is a great group of people to work with.
    For those returning- so HAPPY to be with you all again!!
  • hopelyss
    Options
    Geez, looks like I'm running late already!

SW = 185.6
    GW = 171

NSVs = complete the Insanity/Chalean Extreme Hybrid, fit into a size 12, exercise with my girls 3x a week.

I'm so excited for this next challenge!