Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    water, check. exercise, check. I'm also unfortunately suffering from the sore muscle weight gain right now. I started doing the 10 lb slimdown extreme workouts OnDemand as an alternative to running and wowza I was so sore yesterday! And sadly the scale is a bit up today, but I'm trying to keep positive with it and know that its just a temp gain from the sore muscles. Its been almost 2 months since I've done any type of serious strength training workout so I guess its to be expected. I'm still a little sore today but I think I'm still going to go for a run.

So I'm debating about re-joining the gym after going to check out the local rec center yesterday. They have a really good three month membership deal, but its only for use of the gym so I would still have to pay drop in for classes if I wanted to take them. Maybe getting back to the gym is what I need to get back on track, I don't know. It would be nice to have access to a full facility with all the weights and different cardio machines. My apartment has a gym but, as anyone who's had an apartment gym knows, its not much more than a couple treadmills and some free wieghts which is better than nothing but not great. I'll have to think about it this weekend I guess.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, All!!

On schedule with water & exercise. I'll be walking tonight after work....but before the Packer/Saints game.

GO PACKERS!!!!!
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @gracemleone
    @emariec78
    me too! I searched the forums and googled it and both places found this great post...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/200544-why-do-you-sometimes-gain-weight-when-starting-a-new-exercis
    I found it helpful to understand the weight gain even more.

So, I've been doing great w/water 9-10/day, it's hard to know exactly w/my water bottle. And I've been doing a lot of zumba lately. Hence my issue w/muscle water retention too, but it's high due time I ran again. Have a great Thursday everyone! Weekends almost here!!

LOVE the new spreadsheet btw! hving the weeks challenge at the top...brilliant! :D Thank you!!!
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday to everyone!

Got myself up at 5am again but took me awhile to actually get going on the exercise but I did it! :smile: Working on the water but looks like I will make it with no problem.
    The problem is I need to get on track with eating healthier. Dinner seems to be the problem. Hubby says he's agreeable to help me get back on track with better dinners. :love: Translates into: what ever I fix he will give it a try doesn't guarantee he will like it. Honestly, he is a big supporter I can not complain.

Have a great day! :wink:
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I got my exercise in last night. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and also lifted weights. I got 6 out of 10 glasses of water in. The downside is I kept running to the bathroom all day. I feel like I was drinking water all day and still didn't get the 10 in. I'm not sure why this is so hard for me. I don't drink anything else (except coffee in the morning). I felt completely bloated by the end of the day after those 6 glasses of water. Anyone else struggling with the water?
    Opal
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Been sick with a UTI for the past few days. Can't get into the doctors till Saturday so while getting the water in is going well for me, exercising is not. :frown: I'm having a hard time accepting that my body needs to rest lol
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good on the water yesterday. Not so good on the exercise but I have a zumba class tonight so I will be good today. Still can't get the spreadsheet. Not sure why, is anyone else having trouble?
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I got my exercise in last night. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and also lifted weights. I got 6 out of 10 glasses of water in. The downside is I kept running to the bathroom all day. I feel like I was drinking water all day and still didn't get the 10 in. I'm not sure why this is so hard for me. I don't drink anything else (except coffee in the morning). I felt completely bloated by the end of the day after those 6 glasses of water. Anyone else struggling with the water?
    Opal

I struggle with the water too. I don't like to overly force fluids so I just won't drink anything else unless I've gotten 10 glasses in. 2 days ago I got in 6, yesterday 8. Maybe today I'll hit 10.

I'm good on exercise.
    Brandy
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I want to join!!
    SW:176
    GW:152
    NSV: drop 2 dress sizes and lose about 6-10 inches total.
  • helena98
    Options
    Alrighty. I've searched and searched Google docs help, and I still don't know why some of you can't open up the spreadsheet. I was able to open it in both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, so the web browser shouldn't be the problem. I just don't know how else to help you. So.......I chopped out all the extra weekly weigh-in columns on the original spreadsheet and created an image to paste below. Check it out.

fgkp7.png

Will this work? Do you like having this image directly in our topic thread? It's long because we have 57 members! I won't include all these columns every week, so it won't keep getting wider and wider. I just didn't want anyone to miss out on the spreadsheet.

Let me know what you think! If enough of you like it, I'll continue to update the main spreadsheet each week and also paste a new image with updated weigh-ins as well.

(FYI - Names aren't required. I just included the ones that listed them.)

SPREADSHEET LINK:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoomF1o6sg6LdEw2NV92dFQ5RDZqbm1Bek5xR1M4M3c&hl=en_US
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like it!

BTW - I really like how you incorporated the current week's challenges into the spreadsheet. In the last challenge sometimes I had trouble finding the challenge posts.
  • Cusegirl1992
    Options
    I like it!

BTW - I really like how you incorporated the current week's challenges into the spreadsheet. In the last challenge sometimes I had trouble finding the challenge posts.

I like the spreadsheet with the challenge as well! Thank you. I am currently on my way to 10 glasses. I have found that having a water bottle that holds 32oz. helps. I try to fill the bottle 3x's in the day.

Also, we have been raining like crazy! Haven't been able to get out to do my walking, but today I did 45 minutes of Leslie Sansone from On Demand! Feeling good!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!!! The spreadsheet on here is GREAT!

I am new and didn't know what NSV meant. I still don't but I see people posting goals. My NSV- Exercise on days that I don't have a zumba class, so more than 3 days of exercise.
    Thank You Again!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    NSV means Non-Scale Victory, so something good that doesn't involve the number on the scale, but shows you are making progress in other ways.

I've been out in the yard the last three days, giving my laurel hedge its September trim, raking up the leaves/branches, and cutting up scrap wood. I can look at my yard with pride this fall, knowing that I spent a lot of exercise calories over the last seven months getting it and me back into shape.
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Helen... I love the spread sheet.

I feel back on track and keeping this challenge in my mind is helping. I had a quick appt with my doctor yesterday and she reviewed my cholesterol results and my numbers are getting better. That feels great. My weight loss is so slow so having other things move in the right direction feels good.
    I just made a grocery list...it feels good to get back on track. I need to get to the gym tomorrow!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love the spreadsheet!!! On a mac and during the last challenge google docs sent my computer into a tailspin (sp). Had to reset browser etc. So thank you for the post. NSV's: So far so good with the plant based diet, not missing the meat. Water has been just ok, but according to Dr. Furhman the author of "Eat to Live", you don't require as much water when eating so many leafy greens. Bonus!!! Exercise: Has just been what I get cleaning houses all day.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Helen, the spreadsheet looks amazing!! You do an awesome job at it. I tried to pull it up at work too and not able to either. I think I was able to pull it up once at home but haven't been able to since so it's great to be able to take a look at it.

I've exercised everyday this week for at least 30 mins and I've got my water down too! Sounds like everyone is doing a spectucular job. Keep up the good work for the weekend too:):):)
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I too love the spreadsheet image on here. Helen you are so savvy! Thanks!
    Please add to my goals: size 8. It evaded me last time and I must get to it this time. I'm so close - some of my size 10s I can pull of without unbuttoning.

did great on this week's challenges again today water & exercise both 3/7 now. I usually take an off day from exercising on friday, so I did extra today, jogging for 1 hr 13 minutes. I'm temped to "cheat" and use today's extra to make up for tomorrow....

Really loving being back in the healthy eating and exercising zone. I love the way my body feels when I really take care of it!
  • Carrie704
    Options
    is it to late to join
    current weight is 127 and goal weight is 117

name is carrie

this week goal is to make sure to log every bite!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    is it to late to join
    current weight is 127 and goal weight is 117
    never too late to join! Glad you're here and hope you find the support here that you are looking for, cause this is a great group of women that have helped me to change my life! Welcome texasgirl704