Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    So, I said I would post more than just my starting weight later and I want to keep my word and commit to the challenge so here goes.

In a previous post: Starting Weight on Tuesday September 6th: 144 pounds

Goal Weight For 11 Weeks From Now: 139 pounds (lose 5 pounds) (lose about 1/2 a pound a week)
    (lose the 2.6 pounds I gained back, then lose a "new" 2.4 pounds that I have never lost since joining My Fitness Pal)

Non Scale Victory Goals: Get back on track with the 3 goals I made earlier in 2011.
    (1) Stay under my calories 5 to 6 days of the week.
    (2) Exercise 180 minutes a week (30 minutes, 6 days a week)
    (3) Drink 4 to 6 glasses of water a day.

As for this week's challenge:
    (1) 10 glasses of water is too much for my body to handle. Sometimes my body gives me problems when I try to drink 8 glasses. For now I wil stick with my own goal of 4 to 6 glasses a day. I used to be good when it came to drinking water and measuring it out but haven't been good at either of those things lately so will get back on track starting today (since it's after midnight and a new day!).
    (2) As for exercising 30 minutes a day, I will go with my NSV goal of 30 minutes 6 days a week so I have a day of rest. So far this week I did jumping jacks for 3 minutes on Monday but our weigh in week didn't start until Tuesday. So here is what I have done from Tuesday on:
    Wednesday Sept. 7th: Walked for 13 minutes
    Thursday Sept. 8th: Did jumping jacks and sit ups for 9 minutes, Walked for 1 hour and 20 minutes
    Friday September 9th: 3 minutes of sit ups (did 30 then took a short break, then did 38)(made/encouraged my husband to do them with me!), 3 minutes of jumping jacks (50, break, 50, break, 25, break, 50, break, 25)

So for My Fitness Pal's exercise week (Monday to Sunday) I have done 111/180 minutes.
    For this challenge (Tuesday to Tuesday) I have done 108/210 minutes.
    To meet my goal of 180 minutes this week I need to do 69 more minutes so 34.5 minutes on Saturday and 34.5 minutes on Sunday.

Sorry my update is sooooooooooooooooooooo long!
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    can I get in this I am new to this site and am loving all the support on here I think I needed this yrs ago.
    Starting weight is 195
    Goal weight by 11/22 181
    to get back into all the size 16 pants that are put in a drawer that haven't been on my butt for way to long.
    to move into eating clean for life.
    Thanks Leslie
  • DanikaDawn
    Options
    I may have started late, but after only two days of 30 min exercise and 10 glasses of water I feel really good. I always forget how much better I feel when I'm drinking MORE WATER and LESS SODA. I even switched my usual Diet Coke at lunch for a bottle of SmartWater! I'm so proud of myself :happy:

Feeling Great- Hope everyone else is too!
    Best of Luck Everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday didn't go so hot for me. I was out and about for most of the day doing some various shopping and had lunch at Denver's new Ikea and yes the mealballs are good but when I came home and entered my food in my log it ended up being over a 1000 calorie lunch with the different things I ate! So of course once I added in dinner I was so far over my calories I couldn't even finish my log, it was depressing. I also only got in 7 glasses of water which is low for me even on a non-water challenge day. I also didn't exercise. Wow, this sounds awfult as I"m typing it, lol. On the up side the rest of the week has been good so far and I'm getting back on track today starting with a run!
  • icjamie
    Options
    I'm starting to track what I eat.

9450038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pritichandran
    pritichandran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to do 50 min cardio intervals (3min high resistance, 1 min low resistance) followed by a 5 min cooldown. Felt awesome to sweat so much! It's really helped me to wear a heart rate monitor during workouts so that I can push myself harder and keep my number in the zone. All that sweating made me really thirsty so I got in 10 glasses of water too!:happy:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a much better day. I feel so much better (physically and emotionally) when I am on track. I have a plan for today and I am going to stick to it!!
    Have a good day.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    We're lucky to have great weather in the mid-west this weekend. Looking forward to a walk along Lake Michigan later this morning.

Hoping everyone has a Beautiful Sunday!..:flowerforyou:
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any exercise in yesterday.. i was having a blah day. the weather is blah. I did get my water in though so i'm 5/7 on water and 4/7 on exercise.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    ***crickets chirping****
    How's everyone's weekend?? Busy, I assume :wink:

Spent the day with the BF yesterday, which ALWAYS means eating out, and yesterday was no different...except we ate out TWICE! Ugh...BUT, a little NSV for me...we had our favorite Mexican for dinner, and instead of my usual two steak tostada dinner with all the trimmings, I opted for a grilled chicken breast, no sour cream or cheese, a little avocado and rice and beans...MUCH BETTER CHOICE! :bigsmile:
    Had to go into work today, which is unusual, so my Sunday is all out of whack...but I'm having healthy dinner, and not being deterred by the schedule change.

Happy first weekend of football!!!
    And...Never forget...

Love to all,
    Leslie
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    So my food choices were good this weekend. Funny how making myself log it in kept me on track. Did pretty good on the water 8 glasses both days. I did an hour of zumba on Saturday and getting ready to my knee exercises now, so not bad on that either. All in all a good weekend! I am pretty proud of myself, I usually am totally off track on the weekend. :happy:
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Having a difficult week this first week of the challenge. I haven't been to the gym as often as I usually go, and having a hard time with getting the 8 glasses of water in, so haven't been able to get 10 in except yesterday. :ohwell: My food choices have been fine, but I'm feeling very stressed out financially, and I'm very off kilter. :sad: This is going to be particularly difficult with not having enough to buy my salads and fruits, but I'm going to try my best. I don't want this setback to put a wrench in all the hard work I've put forth so far, so I'm trying to do my best with what we have.. This too shall pass!
    Congrats to all who are doing so well this week! This group rocks! :drinker:
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    like everyone else, I was pretty busy all weekend, but managed to get in my challenge requirements. Yesterday I did 50 mins of strength training with my neighbor and then walked to and from the beer festival at my hubby's work place (staying safely off the streets after drinking and got exercise - 2 birds, 1 stone! :laugh:). Today I played 2 games of ultimate.

But the not-so-good-news is that somewhere between beers 4-8 (lost count) I tweaked my knee and noticed it was bothering me on the way home. But of course, I still scaled and jumped fences, climbed through bushed and slid between broken slats of an old wooden fence all to go the short, and more fun, way home. So that did not help my knee, which had me up at 4am for ibuprofin. And I woke up with a head cold to boot. So I played ultimate injured and sick and I'm really paying for it - my knee is sore and stiff and I throat and head hurt like nobody's business.

Anyway, gonna drink a few more glasses of water, watch some TV and ice my knee then get to bed early
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well sounds like the group has had a lot of ups and downs this week! With the exception of Friday I've been good with the water and exercise, but my eating for the last week has not been so great. I had suspected this would be the case, though, since I was on staycation. Back to work and a normal schedule today! Um, yay? :ohwell:

I've also come to the conclusion that my work is a serious stress/emotional eating trigger for me-as if I didn't have enough reasons to be looking for a new job! I was fine all last week, but then as soon as I started thinking about going back to work and what I had to do, boom, I'm eating everything in site yesterday. Fortunately I realized it and stopped myself before I got too out of control, but man this is just getting rediculous! I mean we all expect some stress from our jobs, but this seems to be bordering on the point of affecting my health.

At any rate, hope everyone is off to a great start to their week!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Lots of work to do today and I really need to get to the gym. I have a new program with weights and I want to make that a habit. My husband was on vacation last week and so was I! Today....getting my exercise back to the gym. We did go for nice long walks the past three days so I am glad that I got some moving in.
    Have a good day.....I saw the scale move down today...so hopefully tomorrow's weigh in will be a good one!
  • jenniferjgayfield
    Options
    @Olivia Sorry for all that pain, knee, throat and head...not good, hope you are feeling better today. Praying for you!
    @Ellen OMG Stress does very much affect your health, so much more than people realize...it actually can also negatively impact weight loss :( Hope you are able to find a way to reduce your work stress!

So I am doing good on the exercise, only skipped on Sunday, but my eating has been terrible...I ate way too much Friday-Sunday, and refuse to get on the scale this week. I really need to get back on track, but am feeling discouraged right now. I feel like it's starting over...
    Here's to a new week!
    Jenni
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Well sounds like the group has had a lot of ups and downs this week! With the exception of Friday I've been good with the water and exercise, but my eating for the last week has not been so great. I had suspected this would be the case, though, since I was on staycation. Back to work and a normal schedule today! Um, yay? :ohwell:

I've also come to the conclusion that my work is a serious stress/emotional eating trigger for me-as if I didn't have enough reasons to be looking for a new job! I was fine all last week, but then as soon as I started thinking about going back to work and what I had to do, boom, I'm eating everything in site yesterday. Fortunately I realized it and stopped myself before I got too out of control, but man this is just getting rediculous! I mean we all expect some stress from our jobs, but this seems to be bordering on the point of affecting my health.

At any rate, hope everyone is off to a great start to their week!

oh ellen, I know this job has been really hard on you. I think you're wise to be paying attention to the emotional eating triggers and look for a new job. You gotta take care of yourself, girl!

As head colds do, mine is worse today than yesterday, but I'm confident that it'll start getting better tomorrow. My knee is actually not nearly as bad today as I thought it would be. It's only a little stiff and sore. This is good. I'm sure it'll be good as new in just a few days
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm off to another week of not being able to exercise much. :frown:
    I went to the doctors on Saturday and got some pills for my UTI. They make my heart rate race just when I get up and walk into another room in my SMALL apartment. :grumble: I'm going to try going for a simple walk tomorrow to at least get SOMETHING in and hope that I don't feel like I"m going to pass out.

Hope everyone else's week is starting off better than mine!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!
    I did really well over the weekend. Got my exercise in Friday and Sunday. I'm doing better with the water although still not up to 10 glasses. I'm working on it though. I'm actually down 1 lb in one week!! I hope everyone has a great week, and stay on track!
  • Cusegirl1992
    Options
    SW: 149
    CW: 148
    GW: 139

Didn't move anything this week and am actually excited about it! TOM usually brings on an added 5lbs, but the water and walking has helped with that. As far as NSV...I was successful with 5/7 days not eating past 9pm. :) Let's see what next week brings!