Protein Angel Food Cake

Options
KaylaMack013
KaylaMack013 Posts: 23 Member
Not sure if anyone has tried this yet but it’s a game changer, especially if you’re on a cut!

It’s from The Macro Experiment:

Ingredients:
- 7 room temp egg whites (use white from real eggs, not carton)
- 17g whey (I used vanilla flavored)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla or any extract you want (I used butter extract :P)
- Stevia to taste

Directions:
1. Make sure eggs are at room temp. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Separate egg whites, and place all ingredients (EXCEPT for whey) in mixing bowl.
3. Mix on highest speed (I use a kitchen aid) for a few minutes until high peaks. I use the whisk beater attachment.
4. Sprinkle whey on top. Fold in gently and carefully. Do NOT over mix.
5. Place in sprayed round pan and then in oven for 20 minutes. When you take it out, let cool for a few minutes.

Place whatever toppings you'd like! Strawberries and whip cream. Pure bliss. *_* As you can see in this pic, the cake is massive and the macros (1F/3C/38P) are for the ENTIRE cake.hctpzuu3ihby.jpeg

Replies

• MessyBunBoyMom
    MessyBunBoyMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This looks so yummy. I don't track macros. Do you have the rest of the nutritional info?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    There is a recipe here (search for protein angel food) just like this but 8 egg whites. May have about 135 calories for the whole thing, but it depends on your whey. 2 servings for some; 4 servings for me.

I accidentally put the oven on broil instead of bake one time, put the pan in the middle of the oven. Happy accident! Made it crusty and crisp, kind of like a crisp cookie.