2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• Gdawg2010
    Gdawg2010 Posts: 6 Member
    I am new!! Going on day 4 now!! What are things that are helping you loss weight?
  • fivecupcakes
    fivecupcakes Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Just started tracking food, joined Orange Theory and bought a scale that will track my BMI. My goal is to lose the weight I’ve put on since moving to Texas as well as the few that I’ve put on since COVID started. Data is fun!
  • lovemaui717
    lovemaui717 Posts: 4 Member
    Nova wrote: »
    Welcome to the MFP Community! This is a discussion we have created to welcome the new people in our community, to have a discussion where new folks can meet one another, AND ask questions of existing members.

We are not going to do an adopt-a-noob discussion this year so we encourage our awesome veterans to hang out in the discussion if you are interested in helping answer questions our noobs need to know.

Newbie here too! 89 calories under my 1st day.
  • drew911davis
    drew911davis Posts: 1 Member
    Newbie here!! Forget the freshmen 15, I think i put on the Covid 30... Had to put a stop to it and re direct. I always had the free version but I knew If i wanted to get serious I had to start fresh. Goal: lose weight eat healthier.
  • littlemav20
    littlemav20 Posts: 5 Member
    👀 peeks in waves 👋 HI
  • AMONIV
    AMONIV Posts: 7 Member
    Wats Gud
  • melissaGlee
    melissaGlee Posts: 1 Member
    I've been using the app for years but not as much as I should. I'm back and on a mission to be healthier for my grandkids and for myself!
  • Moorech
    Moorech Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I am not technically new to MyFitnessPal but this is the first time I am actually taking it seriously (and the first time I am joining the community posts).

I have been using MyfitnessPal since 2011. When I started gaining weight again I decided to log back on. I eventually found the graph of where my weight has been since 2011 and it is what has really inspired me to get my weight back on track.

I would love motivation through this journey as I plan to stick to it this time.
  • ElTriste1973
    ElTriste1973 Posts: 234 Member
    New, day 2. It is a long path ahead of me but feel optimistic. Add me if you want :)
  • debh2426
    debh2426 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. Still trying to navigate all of the sign=in log-in communication multiple access parts of this plan!
  • tfalk19
    tfalk19 Posts: 3 Member
    Saying “no” to sugar. I’m committed to removing it the way I did with alcohol. It’s tough. Words of advice?
  • meltycrayola
    meltycrayola Posts: 1 Member
    Wow, feeling overwhelmed trying to get a familiar with MyFitnessPal any suggestions are appreciated.

If you go into the plan section on the home screen and select getting started with mfp, it's super helpful.
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    redlipzlittlehipz Posts: 28 Member
    Hello! I am not really new, had this account for a while, but never really used it and now I am in a area in my life where I REALLY need to put some tools that I have to use. Also I've lost weight before but it's harder than what it was before, again new area in life, so yeah, like I said, need all the help I can get!!
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    misstt3 wrote: »
    Hello new on this site, just wondering does everyone here just have the original MFP? And is it effective on its own? Or did everyone upgrade to the new and improved
    MFP the site keeps advertising for a monthly free?

Hi! I would think if you really want to micro manage your weight loss you might want to upgrade but as far as basic recording and goals the original is perfectly fine. It's all about what works best for you!
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    Sk7847 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I’m new and can use friends and motivation..dont even know where to start 😔😖🤯

Pick me! I need friends on here too! Gosh knows that if you really want to work on something having people around that can help is always a plus.
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    Wow, feeling overwhelmed trying to get a familiar with MyFitnessPal any suggestions are appreciated.

CLICK ON ALL THE THINGS!!! How else are you going to be able to know what does what? (At least that's what I do :D )
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    Hello! I am a newbie for sure! I was testing the app out prior to Christmas to try and understand what it was about and what it had to offer. I am sure there are many things about it I have not discovered and used to its full potential. However, it is serious time... 2020 is the year I will be having surgery to help with my weightloss and this is a program they ask us to use. So I am here to learn, give support, find support, to listen and anything else that is out there. Thanks everyone ♥

Hello there!!! Starting new things can be scary and exciting at the same time no? How are you getting along on this website/app so far?
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Hey there. I am starting over. I tried using this five years ago, but got off track, and have since gained weight. So I'm back, and this time instead of just using MFP to log my food, I'm trying to see what else it has to offer and connect with folks and make the most of this resource. I'm on the hunt for inspiration and would just love to find an accountability buddy or two!
  • E7mack96
    E7mack96 Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2020
    hello all, been using the site now for a few weeks and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My goals are to get sugars and sodium under control, and lose another 40 or so lbs of fat and gain 10 - 20 lbs of muscle. Is there a pdf or something of how to better use the diet logs? I may eat the same foods for breakfast , lunch or dinner and it is tedious to enter them 3x. How can I just have them in each group with one entry?
  • adreyer1932
    adreyer1932 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello All...Just started with the app about 2 weeks ago. It has been so helpful in letting me see what I have been putting in my bady versus what I SHOULD put in it. It has become almost a competition on its own with me...liek I want to see if I can beat the numbers and I want to see the totals go down too. :)
This discussion has been closed.