Keto ??

Options
its hard to track the total net carbs here . Any suggestions?

Replies

• Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Read the packaging on what you are eating, Keto diet is pretty simple to follow, stay below 10g carb per meal, never exceed 50g a day (imo don't go near the 50g). Unfortunately with this app unless you upgrade to premium you can't always control the correct amount of carbs. You could use your notes on your diary to count your carbs per meal, bit more manual work but its worth it to stick to your goals.
  • SusannO
    SusannO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Under the settings for food, where you can input what you want to track, like carbohydrates, there is also a Fiber field. Add that. Then when you are looking up the food item, you'll often find many entries. I find some are wrong, so look until you find that item with the right stats as the label of your food. Now when you add it, it will show both carbs and fiber and you can do the subtraction at the end of the meal and day for net carbs.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er.... I have tampermonkey and greasemonkey script ..which allows me to track net carbs.... you are welcome to look at my food diary to see what I mean ... I have a pie chart on the bottom
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Tracking net carbs here isn't too bad. Make sure you can see the fiber you're tracking and just subtract it from your carb count so you know your net carbs.

I ran into another great suggestion here a while back: add a "sugar alcohols" food for your own personal diary, make it count for 1g of fiber per serving, then if you eat something that used sugar alcohols for a sweetener you can manually add that food to your diary. It makes it much easier to do the math.
  • LEOrzech
    LEOrzech Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    gcminton wrote: »
    Tracking net carbs here isn't too bad. Make sure you can see the fiber you're tracking and just subtract it from your carb count so you know your net carbs.

I ran into another great suggestion here a while back: add a "sugar alcohols" food for your own personal diary, make it count for 1g of fiber per serving, then if you eat something that used sugar alcohols for a sweetener you can manually add that food to your diary. It makes it much easier to do the math.

That is a great idea!