Stretch marks!

13»

Replies

• Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    oh ... just dont tell my dermatologist he wants me to be pale and un-happy >.<
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Not to get all technical on you but you can basically find a study that supports whatever you want it to support. It's called confirmation bias.
  • Not to get all technical on you but you can basically find a study that supports whatever you want it to support. It's called confirmation bias.
    How very true that is:wink:

Namaste'
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    that's true but either way you can feel a little bit better about it , the article stresses that you still use some sunscreen, its mainly just the exposure to the "sunlight" that releases the vit d and the "feel good" hormones
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Na, stretch marks are our badge of honor.......or our battle scars......they will fade over time, but they are with us to stay.

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Yeah, I just think Vitamin D from food and supplements is better than wrinkles and sunspots...

The Vitamin D argument has been used a lot for sun exposure. People only need 5 minutes a day...and it can shine through the windows. I guess what I'm getting at is I'd rather get my feel-good (endorphins) from exercise than tanning beds. Oh well, that is me and this is life.

M:wink:

Edit: Whoa, after reading that "article" I think that most of us would be even less convinced...studies? Sources? Or just the opinion of a 16 year old girl who wants to be tan? Any way, we've strayed from the topic a bit...

The darker your skin is the more easily it scars. This is caused by the higher melanin levels found in darker skin. So, stretch marks are likely here to stay, though they will fade over time. What can ya do?...:huh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Yeah, I just think Vitamin D from food and supplements is better than wrinkles and sunspots...

The Vitamin D argument has been used a lot for sun exposure. People only need 5 minutes a day...and it can shine through the windows. I guess what I'm getting at is I'd rather get my feel-good (endorphins) from exercise than tanning beds. Oh well, that is me and this is life.

M:wink:

Edit: Whoa, after reading that "article" I think that most of us would be even less convinced...studies? Sources? Or just the opinion of a 16 year old girl who wants to be tan? Any way, we've strayed from the topic a bit...

The darker your skin is the more easily it scars. This is caused by the higher melanin levels found in darker skin. So, stretch marks are likely here to stay, though they will fade over time. What can ya do?...:huh:

I'm a fan of tanning beds, 2x a week, 4 minutes a shot, and I wear spf45, I do it for the Vit D, I don't like to take a supplement, I have a blood disorder, not worth the risk, and if you wear a high enough SPF you're not at great risk of wrinkles and sunspots. What comes through my windows naturally, just isn't enough to give me that boost that the beds do. If you're well informed about the proper tanning beds, and the kind of lighting they used, they can be used in an appropriate way. You're more likely to get wrinkles and sunspots by being out and about on a daily basis and not wearing sunscreen everyday. Most people don't apply sunscreen on a daily and frequent basis. so either way you look at it you're talking about someones personal preference. And I stress...TUMMY TUCK!..you can get rid of them..permanently...lol :laugh: no need to live with them, if they make you uncomfortable, a good plastic surgeon can fix damn near anything!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • I have three kids, all back to back in age. My first, didn't get many stretch marks. And with each child, just got a little, then a lot! My son was 10 1/2 lbs. when born, big baby! I found Mederma, lotioning and tanning helps. Another option is plastic surgery. But I won't even consider that until we're for sure done having children.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.