Horrible weird belly shape anyone?

Options
Ok so I have a B belly. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns. For anyone with this shape...does it ever truly get better? I have gone from 235 to 166 (I'm 5'3", age 42) and it definitely is loads smaller but the shape is still exactly the same with the top half of the "B" larger than the bottom.
(Yes I know my pants are too big...time to get some 10s.) With about 35 lbs left to goal range I'm getting worried that it will look just as bad at goal.
I tried searching for my answer but thos seems to be a fairly rare shape. I have never worn tight pants or belts...this is just my natural body composition.
Help! I need hope 😢

Replies

• sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It didn't attach pic sorry4yehvg10zxcw.jpg
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You can’t spot reduce but the more your body fat goes down the smaller it will become. We can’t help genetics but we can help ourselves love ourselves regardless of the things we perceive as imperfect on ourselves. Search for Does this uterus make me look fat thread. It’s very revealing in terms of body shape and the changes your stomach will go through. You’re not alone when it comes to hating one particular area of your body but I echo what @maltedtea said. Fantastic work btw! Huge achievement!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I have it too, and from what I read it doesn't seem like it really goes away, though you can reduce it so it becomes a lot more subtle.

I wonder if corset training would smooth it out. I might try if mine doesn't go away enough.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If it doesn’t get better, you could always get a tummy tuck. 😊
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    It didn't attach pic sorry4yehvg10zxcw.jpg

Nothing wrong with your "belly". It's probably loose skin and fat cell hyperplasia. You could get a tummy tuck or, get clothing that helps hide it. I chose the last one. best wishes...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Have you had abdominal surgery? I have. It changes the shape especially when you lose weight. In time the skin will probably tighten up somewhat. The doctor told me to expect it to take 2 years to tighten as much as it is going to.
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Have you had abdominal surgery? I have. It changes the shape especially when you lose weight. In time the skin will probably tighten up somewhat. The doctor told me to expect it to take 2 years to tighten as much as it is going to.

No surgery. Except for gallbladder removal but that was not super invasive and my tummy has always looked like this even before the surgery. Only it was loads bigger.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, especially the tips on how to camouflage it with clothes. I don't expect to ever have a flat stomach and that's ok. I think I just thought it would look a little better than it does. Or maybe the shape would magically change lol. I'm still a good 35 lbs from goal so hopefully it will get less noticeable.
    I think what bothers me more than anything else is that no matter what I wear or how loose my clothes are i always look like i have a chonky muffin top.
    But as the pp said I need to learn to love my body for what it is because for better ir worse it's the one I've got. I'm thrilled with getting this far...its been a journey of self discovery that's for sure. This is just another part of the journey.
    I'll come back and update when I get to goal for anyone else who has this issue.
    I'm on day 596 so trust me I really will update. Thank you all so much.

And MaltedTea....you have no idea how much better it made me feel that you didnt notice what I meant right away. I think we are so hypercritical of ourselves that we obsess over things that others would barely even take note of...if they even see it at all. So thank you.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Women have a uterus. I have a b shaped body as well, and I'm thin and lean and muscular and have abs, always have been. There are really important organs down there.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    I did not know this was a thing, but I have it too! Especially after pregnancy - and, worse, looking down from the top, the right side of my belly sticks out more than my left. I'm assuming the baby must have moved some organ over there and it didn't come back :lol:
    But, looking at your picture, I think you ought to be proud of your efforts! A lot of it seems to be loose skin which hopefully will tighten over time.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have to start by saying I don’t think your belly is dreadful. I understand your feelings though. Doing ab exercises should help the fat to have a smoother platform to rest on.