WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,359 Member
    Options
    Did Michelle Dozois’ Peak Fit Cardio Strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill.

Went in the pool yesterday. The water was 91

Sarah
    – Hope your son is better fast and things start looking up for you

Katla – how wonderful of you to make that donation!

Evelyn – do you have to reserve an elliptical or a treadmill? You have to reserve a spot in a class at the Y in FL but I don’t know how or if you need to reserve an elliptical or treadmill. Do you have to? If you don’t, what happens when there’s a full house? When I talked to my friend in Ohio, she said that their Y is open but the bathrooms aren’t. I don’t know if I could go to a gym and NOT use the bathroom. I like that – “important contents…coffee pot”

Tracey
    – loved the pics of the house. What a great find

SuziQ – you made the right decision with your friend.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,729 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up with Faith and the pups.. poor Homie is groggy and have him sitting with me and have a blanket snuggled around him...did get him to eat some deli turkey ...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
    %%
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Machka: I am impressed by the potluck offering. It would be an excellent strategy for avoiding future potluck parties. I think my dad would have loved it. :star:

(((SuzoQ))): I would worry about your circuit situation because I lack electrical skills. Can you have your own unit fixed or does the whole building need to be fixed? :huh: Regarding the Florida Covid situation—be careful and stay safe. Get or make face masks in the event you have to go out. The photo you shared is a nice example, especially for those who are deaf and need to see a person’s mouth moving to gain information. :heart:

Barbie: We are also intentional shoppers. We have more than one grocery store and shop in both of them for different foods. We haven’t bought any kitchen gadgets from the net in a while. The Instant Pot that DH bought a couple of years ago is the last kitchen appliance we’ve purchased. My own preference is cast iron. :smiley:

Michele: We’ve been donating empty beverage cans to various causes for a long time. Our state passed a bottle bill years ago to reduce garbage in landfills. Beverage cans currently carry a value of 10 cents per can. You pay this fee when you buy the beverage. The can itself can be redeemed for the 10 cents, and is eventually recycled into more cans or other aluminum items. Plastic beverage bottles also carry this fee and can be recycled. This time we donated cans to projects that improve county parks. We’ve also made donations to the food bank in the past and will likely do so again. The food bank uses the beverage can money to buy things for their clients that aren’t as easily available for people who struggle to put food on the table. Most of the foods they have to offer are produce donations. Eggs are sought after, and egg cartons help the clients get their eggs home in one piece. We are always thanked for donating empty egg cartons. :star:

JazzyJewel: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Heather: You are so lucky to see your grandchildren live and in person. We have to be satisfied with facetime and zoom. I’m more than a little bit envious. :star:

Yesterday I had a lovely telephone chat with my cousin, John, who lives on the other side of the state. He and the family are doing well. Their area has been a recent Covid 19 hotbed as migrant workers have come in to the area to work in agricultural situations. In addition, residents of Idaho visit their town in Oregon to buy legal marijuana. My cousin was concerned because the out-of-staters don’t wear masks or adhere to safe social distancing.

We’re having a quiet day at home today. I’m enjoying being less busy for a little while.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,880 Member
    Options
    TV-internet-phone living in an RV, no cable, and we don’t want the cost of a satellite. No land line either, so right now we have and antenna that gets 20 channels. We take it down and adjust as needed when we move. For phone and internet we have Verizon. The bill is high but internet is included. Currently have a jet pack for some data, 2 phones, 2 watches, and 2 iPads paying for so all total $280. We pay for Netflix and prime. Prime because we shop Amazon a lot for things we can’t get local so save it on shipping. We use Hulu too but don’t pay for that. I pay for the Sams club membership and gave a second card to my friend who in exchange pays for Hulu. Works out to same price.

We are confident in staying put for a while so getting internet here through some sort of satellite with a cost of $40-60 a month depending on speed I can get here. When that is installed dropping unlimited data plan way down which more than half’s my phone bill. Saving about $75 a month this way!

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,880 Member
    Options
    Machka you describe my symptoms exactly. Guess I should look into it and my insurance to see if I can breath and sleep better too! Sleep, allergies, choking at night, sinus infection and headaches; you described my problems exactly! Hope my insurance will pay for it here in US!

RvRita
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2128000k11ubrw2c2.gif
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Heather - I am so incredibly proud of them, happy for them and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit envious too
    This place suits them and I think it’s a great place for them.

What a beautiful place! Just lovely! Good health and happiness to them.

Cheri

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    on my countdown 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :smiley::joy::triumph:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,259 Member
    Options
    4 days :drinker:

Oh my G Pip retirement is the best thing ever :D

The kids came over. We were almost pacing the floor by the time they arrived!
    Wonderful! As usual DH did all the work and I just watched. :D Ancient frozen brownies went down well. Bea took it upon herself to excavate the biscuit tin and carried it into the garden. I had a lovely chat with my son and DDIL and admired the grandchildren from a distance. DH was soooooooooooo happy! So good to see them in the flesh. (Sorry Katla)

Waiting for some photos from DDIL because my video was great, but my photos got light interference.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,729 Member
    Options
    Waiting on Jean to come home,drop Homer off and then go home... I have a bit of a toothache and will see if Dr Pete in town is taking new patients..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    <3